Bolt action rifles, why DICE.

2

Comments

  • DingoKillr
    3467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    They need to get a grip on player movement. ADAD spam and jumping allow you to be incredibly hard to hit, but have nowhere enough impact on your accuracy. I know the game isn't supposed to mimic real life, but ADAD spam and jumping ALWAYS gets a nerf at some point, so why not do it now. The amount of jumping is comedic, people are constantly flying through doorways like some cheesy kung-fu movie. The best way to avoid fire in open ground is to run 'S' patterns, but in the game, you can jump around like a loony. It also makes the slide move pointless.

    Just get rid of ADAD spam and jumping once and for all. If players want to avoid getting shot, then they should have a massive penalty to accuracy. It's no wonder most people charge around with a bullet hose.

    The ADAD spam aka " Crabs on Rails was never as bad as in this Battlefield. But with a Headhitbox doubled the size than in previous titles Snipers really cant nag about this topic.

    The head hitbox is the same size as the head hitbox in BF4. It's not "doubled."
    Another myth that head hitbox doubled.

    Actual it is 95%(or 96 not sure which) of BF4, so a little bit smaller. If I remember correctly BF1 was in the 80's smaller than BF4.

    Beside it seems to help every class not just Recon.
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind them introducing a second, relatively small, OHK box around the breast area. But yeah, I want to run around with the lee-enfield without the scope, but without the headshot, you're pretty toast if going against an assault player who immediately starts kiting while unloading their clip into you.
  • DingoKillr
    3467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I would buff the SLRs but I would also revert the semi autos back to how they were in the beta (except for the horizontal recoil on the M1A1).

    AL8 should be closer ranged focused with like a 40m 2 hit but a fast fire rate of 199/224 with the upgrade.

    RSC should literally just be the BF1 version ported to this game, 70m 2 hit kill.

    The other 2 work fine but less recoil for all would be great.

    And idk making headshots unrevivable from snipers seems like more of a medic nerf than a scout buff. As is the few times I do get revived its usually after getting sniped because of the nature of it.
    Velocity and glint are issues that could help make SLR and BA better.

    Decrease drag just makes hitting stationary at range easier, that should be increased with velocity.

    If people want Recon to be more useful as teamplayers weapons and gadgets both need a major overhaul.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    They need to get a grip on player movement. ADAD spam and jumping allow you to be incredibly hard to hit, but have nowhere enough impact on your accuracy. I know the game isn't supposed to mimic real life, but ADAD spam and jumping ALWAYS gets a nerf at some point, so why not do it now. The amount of jumping is comedic, people are constantly flying through doorways like some cheesy kung-fu movie. The best way to avoid fire in open ground is to run 'S' patterns, but in the game, you can jump around like a loony. It also makes the slide move pointless.

    Just get rid of ADAD spam and jumping once and for all. If players want to avoid getting shot, then they should have a massive penalty to accuracy. It's no wonder most people charge around with a bullet hose.

    The ADAD spam aka " Crabs on Rails was never as bad as in this Battlefield. But with a Headhitbox doubled the size than in previous titles Snipers really cant nag about this topic.

    The head hitbox is the same size as the head hitbox in BF4. It's not "doubled."
    Another myth that head hitbox doubled.

    Actual it is 95%(or 96 not sure which) of BF4, so a little bit smaller. If I remember correctly BF1 was in the 80's smaller than BF4.

    Beside it seems to help every class not just Recon.

    It does help every class. Chaining a couple of headshots with the Ribeyerolles gives you a very fast TTK. All assault weapons will kill you with 2 headshots at close ranges. Some are 2 hit kills at long ranges with a headshot. And you can spam away with their weapons. While recon SLRs don't benefit from headshots on full health targets. They're still a 2 hit kill.
  • Bamsmacked
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Everybody whines for snipers to be made more effective by either bringing them into ranges they should honestly be the most unviable guns period (CQB) or for some dumbly unsatisfying TTK where people have time to swap to their handguns to finish off people who are already shooting back. Its so stupid.

    They just need to have a flatter arc (0.02 or whatever drag should be on all bolt actions) and better damage. Not close range OHK or a bunch of nerfs to other guns to make them more competitive.

    Halo 3 did that with the battle rifle, instead of buffing it from the beta they just went ahead and nerfed every other automatic style weapon which made them all completely boring to use on launch.

    People whine because Assaults are better Recons than Recons are. Assault Semi Autos are vastly superior to Recon SLRs.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only change I think bolt actions need is there OHK being upper chest, neck, head. They should be a OHK if you drill a person in the heart.
  • inpham0usV1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No reason to use bolt action when you can just switch to the superior class in assault and get all the explosives you need to counter pretty much anything. And not have to worry about scope glint across the entire map even with a 3x.

  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No reason to use a bolt if u have a ZH-29...

    Damm i love this weapon
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I would buff the SLRs but I would also revert the semi autos back to how they were in the beta (except for the horizontal recoil on the M1A1).

    AL8 should be closer ranged focused with like a 40m 2 hit but a fast fire rate of 199/224 with the upgrade.

    RSC should literally just be the BF1 version ported to this game, 70m 2 hit kill.

    The other 2 work fine but less recoil for all would be great.

    And idk making headshots unrevivable from snipers seems like more of a medic nerf than a scout buff. As is the few times I do get revived its usually after getting sniped because of the nature of it.

    Well that was part of the idea behind making them unrevivable as presently they are the deaths you are most likely to get a revive after, and when that happens the only one who benefits is the recon players KD stats and the medics points. As far as helping the recons player team win it was all for not. A bleed out effect added to bolt actions could help a recon players team a bit too, but not as much. There's also a higher risk that this would make bolt actions OP as they would become a delayed OHK. As for squad play, none of this would really help. Buffing flares to how I've heard they were in early beta would help a bit, but I feel this would fall short of really solving the problem. Part of the reason I care about the squad play is originally this was supposed to be a core part BF5 or at least more so then in previous BF games. I'm already kind of bummed Dice already nerfed attrition at one point to make support players less important. I'm kinda hoping they'll explore bringing that back once the crate glitch is fixed.
  • manowar71
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    They need to get a grip on player movement. ADAD spam and jumping allow you to be incredibly hard to hit, but have nowhere enough impact on your accuracy. I know the game isn't supposed to mimic real life, but ADAD spam and jumping ALWAYS gets a nerf at some point, so why not do it now. The amount of jumping is comedic, people are constantly flying through doorways like some cheesy kung-fu movie. The best way to avoid fire in open ground is to run 'S' patterns, but in the game, you can jump around like a loony. It also makes the slide move pointless.

    Just get rid of ADAD spam and jumping once and for all. If players want to avoid getting shot, then they should have a massive penalty to accuracy. It's no wonder most people charge around with a bullet hose.

    The ADAD spam aka " Crabs on Rails was never as bad as in this Battlefield. But with a Headhitbox doubled the size than in previous titles Snipers really cant nag about this topic.

    The head hitbox is the same size as the head hitbox in BF4. It's not "doubled."
    Another myth that head hitbox doubled.

    Actual it is 95%(or 96 not sure which) of BF4, so a little bit smaller. If I remember correctly BF1 was in the 80's smaller than BF4.

    Beside it seems to help every class not just Recon.

    The difference for BF4 is the aiming system. The evolution was great, at least to console players. Now we have uniform soldiers aiming and most of all, the possibility to reduce the sticks dead zone. I play in PS4 with a sensitivity of 90%. With BF4 I can't get confort play above 70%.
  • manowar71
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No reason to use bolt action when you can just switch to the superior class in assault and get all the explosives you need to counter pretty much anything. And not have to worry about scope glint across the entire map even with a 3x.

    Yes. This is the point. Recon class in this game is completely useless. Even worst if you use a bolt action. The scope, that is the only gadget we can use effectively as recon, should be capable to change the zoom ratio that for most situations is to high. BFV recon is a shi#&@ of a class. Sorry by the honesty.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really think bolt action rifles without scope should have a sweet spot mechanic. But that's just my opinion. I loved that about bf1 and of course I can still just play that when the urge hits.
  • Jim_Hatama
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    They also disable inertia for movement. So best way to not get hit is not "S" moving but: run - stop for 05sec - run. PPl doing that even not intentionally, bolt action suffered most from this and spray and prey is promoted (also lowTTK exacerbate this even more)
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive seen too many videos of Lee Enfields cleaning house to agree on a bolt action buff.

    Honestly they could make a bolt action with crappy range or bullet velocity and higher minimum damage at close range. But a blanket buff to snipers so you can outgun automatics when they get close is rediculous.

    And OP, did you ever think that maybe they designed it so it was really difficult to ohk people while they are running for a reason. I'm imagining no one ptfoing at all if snipers get buffed because they are locking down 3/4 the map with sniper fire
  • manowar71
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    QHUNK9000 wrote: »
    I really think bolt action rifles without scope should have a sweet spot mechanic. But that's just my opinion. I loved that about bf1 and of course I can still just play that when the urge hits.

    And in BF1 the Iron sight can have an amplification of 2x. It made a huge difference from the 1.5x we have here. But the most difference is the amount of damage and de sweet spot, at least for cheast. If you suffer a 80% of damage you have a different reaction than a 55% damage. 80% or more damage take the **** out of you.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really like the bolt actions (with the exception of the abysmal bullet velocity). I enjoy the challenge of having to land a head shot for a proper kill. And I enjoy getting hackusations when I have good rounds.
    Granted, trying to take a flag as a sniper with a BA is likely to get you killed, but those moments when you mow down a squad with a few lucky head shots and throwing knives are worth it.
    As a sniper I am against any form of sweet spot mechanic as it will eventually make you an inaccurate buffoon. We can argue about the scope glint and the fact that it shines through rocks though....
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I really like the bolt actions (with the exception of the abysmal bullet velocity). I enjoy the challenge of having to land a head shot for a proper kill. And I enjoy getting hackusations when I have good rounds.
    Granted, trying to take a flag as a sniper with a BA is likely to get you killed, but those moments when you mow down a squad with a few lucky head shots and throwing knives are worth it.
    As a sniper I am against any form of sweet spot mechanic as it will eventually make you an inaccurate buffoon. We can argue about the scope glint and the fact that it shines through rocks though....

    Those are the problems that we're addressing. I'm pretty sure the majority of us complaining about the weakness of the recon class do not want sweetspots.

    Velocity for the bolt actions definitely needs buffed. There's no reason that assault should have semi-auto rifle with a velocity higher than every bolt action in the game (G43). It's also absurd that ther Lee-Enfield has a velocity of 500 m/s while the Turner SMLE has a velocity of 700 m/s even though they're essentially the same rifle.

    Scope glint should only affect long ranged campers. Glint should not show at close to medium ranges. There should be absolutely no glint on 3x scopes on Recon SLRs. There really should be no glint on any 3x scope since the other classes don't have glint on their 3x scopes.

    I also think max chest shot damage should be increased. Not to 100 damage, but at least high enough to enable aggressive play with an iron sight bolt action. Even if that meant adding a slow velocity rifle that can only equip up to 2x in return for higher chest damage to make aggressive play, like in previous BF games, more viable. That would be a great addition imo.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I really like the bolt actions (with the exception of the abysmal bullet velocity). I enjoy the challenge of having to land a head shot for a proper kill. And I enjoy getting hackusations when I have good rounds.
    Granted, trying to take a flag as a sniper with a BA is likely to get you killed, but those moments when you mow down a squad with a few lucky head shots and throwing knives are worth it.
    As a sniper I am against any form of sweet spot mechanic as it will eventually make you an inaccurate buffoon. We can argue about the scope glint and the fact that it shines through rocks though....

    Those are the problems that we're addressing. I'm pretty sure the majority of us complaining about the weakness of the recon class do not want sweetspots.

    Velocity for the bolt actions definitely needs buffed. There's no reason that assault should have semi-auto rifle with a velocity higher than every bolt action in the game (G43). It's also absurd that ther Lee-Enfield has a velocity of 500 m/s while the Turner SMLE has a velocity of 700 m/s even though they're essentially the same rifle.

    Scope glint should only affect long ranged campers. Glint should not show at close to medium ranges. There should be absolutely no glint on 3x scopes on Recon SLRs. There really should be no glint on any 3x scope since the other classes don't have glint on their 3x scopes.

    I also think max chest shot damage should be increased. Not to 100 damage, but at least high enough to enable aggressive play with an iron sight bolt action. Even if that meant adding a slow velocity rifle that can only equip up to 2x in return for higher chest damage to make aggressive play, like in previous BF games, more viable. That would be a great addition imo.

    I can agree on most of these things. All of them if the increased chest shot damage is limited to comparatively close ranges and doesn't exceed 75-80%.
  • manowar71
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I really like the bolt actions (with the exception of the abysmal bullet velocity). I enjoy the challenge of having to land a head shot for a proper kill. And I enjoy getting hackusations when I have good rounds.
    Granted, trying to take a flag as a sniper with a BA is likely to get you killed, but those moments when you mow down a squad with a few lucky head shots and throwing knives are worth it.
    As a sniper I am against any form of sweet spot mechanic as it will eventually make you an inaccurate buffoon. We can argue about the scope glint and the fact that it shines through rocks though....

    Those are the problems that we're addressing. I'm pretty sure the majority of us complaining about the weakness of the recon class do not want sweetspots.

    Velocity for the bolt actions definitely needs buffed. There's no reason that assault should have semi-auto rifle with a velocity higher than every bolt action in the game (G43). It's also absurd that ther Lee-Enfield has a velocity of 500 m/s while the Turner SMLE has a velocity of 700 m/s even though they're essentially the same rifle.

    Scope glint should only affect long ranged campers. Glint should not show at close to medium ranges. There should be absolutely no glint on 3x scopes on Recon SLRs. There really should be no glint on any 3x scope since the other classes don't have glint on their 3x scopes.

    I also think max chest shot damage should be increased. Not to 100 damage, but at least high enough to enable aggressive play with an iron sight bolt action. Even if that meant adding a slow velocity rifle that can only equip up to 2x in return for higher chest damage to make aggressive play, like in previous BF games, more viable. That would be a great addition imo.

    You formalized almost all of my thoughts. A buff to flare gun is needed too.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    manowar71 wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I really like the bolt actions (with the exception of the abysmal bullet velocity). I enjoy the challenge of having to land a head shot for a proper kill. And I enjoy getting hackusations when I have good rounds.
    Granted, trying to take a flag as a sniper with a BA is likely to get you killed, but those moments when you mow down a squad with a few lucky head shots and throwing knives are worth it.
    As a sniper I am against any form of sweet spot mechanic as it will eventually make you an inaccurate buffoon. We can argue about the scope glint and the fact that it shines through rocks though....

    Those are the problems that we're addressing. I'm pretty sure the majority of us complaining about the weakness of the recon class do not want sweetspots.

    Velocity for the bolt actions definitely needs buffed. There's no reason that assault should have semi-auto rifle with a velocity higher than every bolt action in the game (G43). It's also absurd that ther Lee-Enfield has a velocity of 500 m/s while the Turner SMLE has a velocity of 700 m/s even though they're essentially the same rifle.

    Scope glint should only affect long ranged campers. Glint should not show at close to medium ranges. There should be absolutely no glint on 3x scopes on Recon SLRs. There really should be no glint on any 3x scope since the other classes don't have glint on their 3x scopes.

    I also think max chest shot damage should be increased. Not to 100 damage, but at least high enough to enable aggressive play with an iron sight bolt action. Even if that meant adding a slow velocity rifle that can only equip up to 2x in return for higher chest damage to make aggressive play, like in previous BF games, more viable. That would be a great addition imo.

    You formalized almost all of my thoughts. A buff to flare gun is needed too.

    From what I've heard, they are buffing the flare gun. It does suck right now.

    Edit: Or is the buff live already with this patch? Didn't see it in the patch notes.


Sign In or Register to comment.