Maps

bigplayjaycurry
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I think there needs to better maps. Something that is more immersive, that gives us a real ww2 feel to it.

Comments

• Twitch__NorkDorf
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They will be adding more maps, I was beaches of Normandy and Dday stuff!
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they do a D-Day map I would hope it comes out on D-Day anniversary.. maybe a single player story mission, a combined arms map and multi-player map all on its anniversary. It would be a nice tribute.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, and I think they should bring back some of the older BF maps or scenarios back to life.
    Omaha Beach was in BF1942. Would love to see an improved map, with parachuting behind lines this time. Operation Market Garden is another map like this.
    Battle of Britain extension was another favorite. Fun and great for air fights.
  • nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there needs to better maps. Something that is more immersive, that gives us a real ww2 feel to it.

better maps is a blurry definition. try to be more precise.
    like urban ares not urban area
    big map small map
    location etc
    and maybe add some of your ideas on what you want on the map
  • StormSaxon
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really hope the don’t do another DDay.
    If they want beach landings go Salerno or Anzio.
    If they do do DDay, give us Gold-Sword-Juno or Utah not ... yawn.... Omaha. Again.

I’m hoping for a Market Garden, Kursk, El Alamein, Warsaw, Berlin and Kesserine maps. Give us the WW2 that gets neglected.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    If they do do DDay, give us Gold-Sword-Juno or Utah not ... yawn.... Omaha. Again.

I’m hoping for a Market Garden, Kursk, El Alamein, Warsaw, Berlin and Kesserine maps. Give us the WW2 that gets neglected.

The reason they use Omaha for games is because its the only that the Germans held for any reasonable amount of time.. not much game play if you pick a location that one side was steam rolled with in a couple hours... there was a real threat that the Omaha landings were going to fail out right.. and that makes it better for a game play map.
  • bigplayjaycurry
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    By "better" maps I mean a combination of urban and country maps. D-day the stuff we know that happened from the movies and shows like band of brothers. No snowy mountain maps like jfell.Something that gives a ww2 theme
  • StormSaxon
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The reason they use Omaha for games is because its the only that the Germans held for any reasonable amount of time.. not much game play if you pick a location that one side was steam rolled with in a couple hours... there was a real threat that the Omaha landings were going to fail out right.. and that makes it better for a game play map.

That might be a reason for it in a Hollywood movie. Or a table top wargame based on history.
    This is a first person shooter, so you can put Juno beach and have the Canadians storm it, if it’s a steam rolling it’s down to the defender.

You WONT get a more historical “feel” from Omaha, as what happens on your map bears no relation to reality. Omaha was 1 day, and 1 beach out of 5, how that encapsulates a 6 year multi continent, multi theatre war Christ alone knows.

Fact is it’s 90%, I’d guess, Americans that want Omaha, not because it’s “balanced” or a “better” game because for them that’s WW2. Hell I’d take a Dieppe over another Omaha. I’ve done Omaha multiple times in other games.

• StormSaxon
    By "better" maps I mean a combination of urban and country maps. D-day the stuff we know that happened from the movies and shows like band of brothers. No snowy mountain maps like jfell.Something that gives a ww2 theme

We have a combination of urban and country maps.
    Stuff that happened in movies is 80% fictional and thus “Hollywood” themed and not WW2.
    If fighting happened in snowy places in WW2... and it did, then it is WW2 themed.

Google battle of Narvik and see lots of pictures of soldiers fighting in snow and hills...
  • GrizzGolf
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The maps in this game were weak. Hope the new maps add more spice to it.
  • SirBobdk
    3509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    You are kind. Maps are garbage except 1 or maybe 2
  • nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Stuff that happened in movies is 80% fictional and thus “Hollywood” themed and not WW2.
    If fighting happened in snowy places in WW2... and it did, then it is WW2 themed.

Boomerang. Snowy-top on a mountain COD map with massive airplane ju88 20 bombs spam is hollywood. If fighting happened in snowy places in WW2... and it did on a top of a mountain with ju88 20 bombs spam, then it is HOLLYWOOD themed.
  • bigplayjaycurry

We have a combination of urban and country maps.

Google battle of Narvik and see lots of pictures of soldiers fighting in snow and hills...

I know the movie's are mostly fictional everyone does and I know they fought in snow it just doesn't make the maps any better
  • Ferrando187
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

Maps are terrible in this game.. Can't belive they still cant match the maps from bf1942 they were so basic but so balanced as well. Less is more sometimes.
  • EyeAmLegend206
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give us Asia and the south Pacific
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Here is my take on the Very Weak and Horrid maps we have so far..

Hamada = Sniperfest
    Panzerstorm = Sniperfest
    Fjell = Sniperfest and Bomberfest
    Narvik = Sniperfest
    Rotterdam = Sniperfest from Bridge
    Aerodrome = Sniperfest
    Arris and Twisted Steel = Best maps so far, plenty of cover to avoid the COD, camp on a hill all match, I am the greatest sniper ever to live in a mom's basement player.
    Devastation = Good map, not great but playable.
  • Trokey66
    7572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If you follow your reasoning, then the Americans should win every round!

Maps are measly locations that should provide a reasonably balanced game play.
  • Trokey66
    7572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still think the raid on the St Nazaire docks would make for an interesting map.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/8-facts-greatest-raid-st-nazaire-raid.html
  • nanananamimimimi
    Here is my take on the Very Weak and Horrid maps we have so far..

Hamada = Sniperfest
    Panzerstorm = Sniperfest
    Fjell = Sniperfest and Bomberfest
    Narvik = Sniperfest
    Rotterdam = Sniperfest from Bridge
    Aerodrome = Sniperfest
    Arris and Twisted Steel = Best maps so far, plenty of cover to avoid the COD, camp on a hill all match, I am the greatest sniper ever to live in a mom's basement player.
    Devastation = Good map, not great but playable.

I dislike fjell and aerodrome the most. Fjell is stupid and aerodrome is poorly designed.
    I wish we had access to the mapeditor and perhaps modding. I really dont understand why we have no access to the map editor in BF5 as EA/Dice currently is at the bottom of the trashbin anyway. A mapeditor will make the intentional fail only better.
  • Trauty986
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only maps I’m not a fan of are Fjel and Hamada, all the rest are solid. I’m a big fan of Rotterdam and Narvik