This Week in Battlefield V

What do you guys think about COD WW2?

Khronikos
2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 12
So BFV is fine and all outside of being half-finished, but I was wondering now about the sale they have on PSN for the slightly older COD WW2 game. I was wondering if anybody here plays that game currently. Looks like it has a solid base. Will probably go PS Plus freebie in the summer, but 48 bucks after tax on the deluxe edition is not a bad deal. They have a lot of content.

Do people like the gunplay in COD? How about this WW2 game? Any cool maps?

Comments

• DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not currently playing but I did enjoy the campaign a lot and played the War mode a bit which was good. How much is the standard edition? I'd probably get that instead.
  • SirBobdk
    4065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played a lot of war in cod ww2. It is a really good kind of rush and the maps are bigger.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Meh. Campaign was poor

Mp is okay but maps are pretty bland. You're better off with BO4.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At least we had D-Day beach with COD..... I said enough!
  • WarfareKiller41
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 12
    Really boring. Gameplay seemed way too slow-paced, I didn't like most of the maps, and it didn't feel like World War 2 at all. I think gunplay is good, not enough to keep me playing though. Good thing Black Ops 4 is really good imo.
  • Zviko0
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No you didn't. Tides of War is a live service, maps/battles are released chronologically and we are only in 1940 I believe, 1941 on Jan 17th. So unless D-Day happened in 1940, you have a lot more to say.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, and more authentic uniforms compared to BFV in both SP and MP.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    WW2 was a crap game, CoD never delivered on anything in game. Riddled with bugs it was, way worse than BFVs beta. What CoD tried to sell in WW2 is what BFV currently is, it's a slap in the face to CoD.
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    World at War, now that was a good fps!

I have myself wondered if there were any decent alternatives out there to BFV, can’t exactly claim to have a finger on the pulse of the fps market. Suggestions would be welcome. Not going back to cod though, burnt out on that.

Haven’t given up on BFV at all, just can’t see myself playing it as much as BF1, sadly.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gunplay is worse, but maps are much much better. It does feel somewhat WW2-ish.

While BFV feeling like nothing related to WW2.
  • akk_fin
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played most war-mode, which is good. It does feel more like ww2 than this bfv.
  • SirBobdk
    4065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    akk_fin wrote: »
    Played most war-mode, which is good. It does feel more like ww2 than this bfv.
    Agree. It was fun and i like this version of rush where the objectives were different, build a bridge, blow up canons, excort and refuil tanks.
  • IIPrest0nII
    1822 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I moved this topic to off-topic section.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Not currently playing but I did enjoy the campaign a lot and played the War mode a bit which was good. How much is the standard edition? I'd probably get that instead.

Standard was 24 or something and that is the gold version with one DLC too and some points. Very good deal. I just went ahead and got the deluxe. Whatever. I want to see what COD is all about at this point.
  • Khronikos
    nutcrackr wrote: »
    Meh. Campaign was poor

I don't want BO4 though. It's not on mega sale, it is not WW2, and I keep hearing people criticize that game too.
  • Khronikos
    WW2 was a crap game, CoD never delivered on anything in game. Riddled with bugs it was, way worse than BFVs beta. What CoD tried to sell in WW2 is what BFV currently is, it's a slap in the face to CoD.

I don't really hear this at all from the fanbase. In fact, on the reddit and other channels they seem to think highly of the game and some even like it more than BO4. IDK. I bought it to see their take on WW2.
  • WarfareKiller41
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Meh. Campaign was poor

I don't want BO4 though. It's not on mega sale, it is not WW2, and I keep hearing people criticize that game too.
    Do you have any other COD games? I'd recommend older titles like Black Ops 2 or even World at War.
  • Khronikos
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Meh. Campaign was poor

Do you have any other COD games? I'd recommend older titles like Black Ops 2 or even World at War.

I have WaW on PC. I am definitely not going to be playing anything that old for MP. I just got this and so far with the season pass there are loads of maps. Kinda spendy for an older game, but they give you a lot of stuff with the deluxe. Obviously, maps are way smaller and there are very few control options. But luckily controls feel okay to me turned down on sensitivity. Not perfect but very good I guess.

I just started it. There is way too much there for me to eat up any time soon. Seems like the few maps I played do look pretty good. It's a bit on the blurry side for sure, but all these games that use temporal AA seems to be a bit blurry.

Definitely will not be leaving BF for the game, but WW2 also has a much cooler vibe than BFV does. I love the community bunkers they have there where you can wander around with people. BFV's shooting range pales in comparison. They really should have done something like WW2 did where you can meet up and stuff.

The UI aesthetic is also a lot better IMO. BFV's aesthetic is gross on the UI. But obviously BF wins by a thousand miles in customization. So I will just dip into this to have some casual fun I think. We'll see.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »

No you didn't. Tides of War is a live service, maps/battles are released chronologically and we are only in 1940 I believe, 1941 on Jan 17th. So unless D-Day happened in 1940, you have a lot more to say.

That's really cool how theybare doing that. I just wish they announced that mode, and walked us through how tge mode would work, and thatvyou were progressive through the tine period, like you stated. I think more people would have picked it up
  • SirBobdk
    Zviko0 wrote: »

That's really cool how theybare doing that. I just wish they announced that mode, and walked us through how tge mode would work, and thatvyou were progressive through the tine period, like you stated. I think more people would have picked it up
    I have a feeling this version of ww2 will end in 1940