No hardcore mode??? This is a joke?

2»

Comments

• szadnik
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm liking the game the way it is for the most part, but I have to agree, the ttk is somewhat too long. Too many shots to kill someone. I'm posted up with a LMG and I start shooting someone, they start jumping and dancing into cover even though I've hit them ~8-12 shots with high caliber rounds, they somehow survive, just silly. I will still play for fun, but will much more enjoy a Hardcore mode, having 0 spotting whatsoever, NO minimap, and very quick ttk. Hardcore...if reintroduced BF4 style will be superb.
  • AUTHENTICLEAGUES
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear DICE ,
    why are you so deaf to BF real fans??? The real fans of BF games asked you many times to add a hardcore mode to the multyplayer, and there is it? We have to wait again several months until its coming??? This games about a wars, not a paitball... You don't even coment it..
    p.s. Notify me when the hardcore mode appers, then I will buy the game.

"BF real fans..." Oh boy.

It's not heavily demanded. It's a niche. I don't remember crying for hardcore at DICE, simply because it doesn't interest me. Nor does it interest a large sum of the playerbase. The only time I remember Hardcore being as large as it ever could be was BF4. BF1 brought it, but there was a small amount of players that actually played it.

If they brought it here, that's fine, but I would never touch it. I don't want to play a mode that breaks core concepts of the game. Like weapon balancing, spotting, and friendly fire.

This is by far the stupidest fan boyish comment I've heard in a long time.... See DICE, people like this guy in my quote is the reason the game struggles with its identity!!! It's clear that he has no idea what HARDCORE is about and for him comment on an HARDCORE thread the way he has should show you guys where needs to be... The core crowd exactly!!! He wouldn't last.... BF HARDCORE COMMUNITY would have never post a paragraph talking about how arcadish and unrealistic CORE is!! We just want HARDCORE SERVERS FOR THE POPULAR MODES AND YOULL SEE HOW MANY COME OVER!! The only reason why DICE waits so long nowadays because they know the the CORE crowd are bunch of babies that could hurt sales if the had to play realistic like us HARDCORE guys!! It's sad and I'm tired of these weak comments from people you know probably couldn't do a single push up! I'm sick of them!! Bring us HARDCORE SERVERS soon.. Please!!! These CORE games are seriously stupid and I can't take much more of it!! This crowd SUCKS!! They run around like people aren't even shooting at them!! Please Dice... I'm begging you!! CORE players are the worst!!!

"ThiS iS by FAr THE StupIdEST FAN BoyISH COmENt I'VE heARD in A LonG TIme!"

If your plan is to give me confidence when arguing with you, it's working. Fan boyish? What? For enjoying the base game that's been around since, I don't know, forever? You are by far the most childish individual I've seen, waving this "HaRDCoRE CoMMunITy" elite mentality around. You dislike the game because it doesn't appeal to your win-with-broken-weapons fest fantasy of a shooter and tell everyone who disagrees with you that they suck. Get a life.
    I mean the ttk is already super low and there is basically no spotting. WTF do we need hardcore mode for?

I can't even respond to this because it self-explanatory! You're hear mad at how I like to play!! I just said core sucks which it does and to think that your idea of what's logical is a better reason than mine is probably why you play CORE now lol!!!

HARDCORE community is on another level!! It's proven with the way CORE guys think! Why do you think CORE guys always say " I only use hardcore to level up my weapon "? They camp!!! Can't hang for a second without a map!! Simple as that...
  • AUTHENTICLEAGUES
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Auriga58 wrote: »
    As soon as the dedicated servers were dropped they left the hardcoreplayers in the cold. The clans left the format and stayed in bf4 where they can run their own servers just the way they liked to play bf now with these companny run servers most of the fun is gone its just all the same spray and pray . and mowning how bad snipers are camping . for snipers al the fun is over . so why bother with classes . if i had known they would under power the boltaction rifles i would not have bought the game this time i played bf since the first but this is my last i go back to bf4 .Btw i played bf1 in hardcore mode all the time even when there were only a few hc servers it was more fun. and yes the older players pay the most becouse our children we pay for too .

Hopeful they've learned their lesson...
  • GerocK-
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dear DICE ,
    why are you so deaf to BF real fans??? The real fans of BF games asked you many times to add a hardcore mode to the multyplayer, and there is it? We have to wait again several months until its coming??? This games about a wars, not a paitball... You don't even coment it..

It's not heavily demanded. It's a niche. I don't remember crying for hardcore at DICE, simply because it doesn't interest me. Nor does it interest a large sum of the playerbase. The only time I remember Hardcore being as large as it ever could be was BF4. BF1 brought it, but there was a small amount of players that actually played it.

If they brought it here, that's fine, but I would never touch it. I don't want to play a mode that breaks core concepts of the game. Like weapon balancing, spotting, and friendly fire.

This is by far the stupidest fan boyish comment I've heard in a long time.... See DICE, people like this guy in my quote is the reason the game struggles with its identity!!! It's clear that he has no idea what HARDCORE is about and for him comment on an HARDCORE thread the way he has should show you guys where needs to be... The core crowd exactly!!! He wouldn't last.... BF HARDCORE COMMUNITY would have never post a paragraph talking about how arcadish and unrealistic CORE is!! We just want HARDCORE SERVERS FOR THE POPULAR MODES AND YOULL SEE HOW MANY COME OVER!! The only reason why DICE waits so long nowadays because they know the the CORE crowd are bunch of babies that could hurt sales if the had to play realistic like us HARDCORE guys!! It's sad and I'm tired of these weak comments from people you know probably couldn't do a single push up! I'm sick of them!! Bring us HARDCORE SERVERS soon.. Please!!! These CORE games are seriously stupid and I can't take much more of it!! This crowd SUCKS!! They run around like people aren't even shooting at them!! Please Dice... I'm begging you!! CORE players are the worst!!!

If your plan is to give me confidence when arguing with you, it's working. Fan boyish? What? For enjoying the base game that's been around since, I don't know, forever? You are by far the most childish individual I've seen, waving this "HaRDCoRE CoMMunITy" elite mentality around. You dislike the game because it doesn't appeal to your win-with-broken-weapons fest fantasy of a shooter and tell everyone who disagrees with you that they suck. Get a life.
    I mean the ttk is already super low and there is basically no spotting. WTF do we need hardcore mode for?

I can't even respond to this because it self-explanatory! You're hear mad at how I like to play!! I just said core sucks which it does and to think that your idea of what's logical is a better reason than mine is probably why you play CORE now lol!!!

HARDCORE community is on another level!! It's proven with the way CORE guys think! Why do you think CORE guys always say " I only use hardcore to level up my weapon "? They camp!!! Can't hang for a second without a map!! Simple as that...

You don't even realise you're not a real hardcore fan. If you really loved hardcore you wouldn't settle for a tweaked server in a non-hardcore game. You would in fact be playing a game that is developed for hardcore.
  • nefariouscheat
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How does a "real fan" look like?
  • Dawgiestyler
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use to be a die hard battlefield fan. My favorite game of all time. Now I am so disappointed. No hardcore mode? Are you kidding me? Why wait to release it? Now the people who might have liked hard core are too use to playing regular to even give it a chance. I can't believe theres no hard cor what the ****. People are spamming explosives around their teammates. Why are you developers listening to the fans? Turning this ish into cod. Depressing.... Well. Another 60 bucks waisted. Fail on bf1 and even more of a fail on bfv. Back to bf4
  • LVGENT
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its unfinished product realesed, that the case :/
  • Quikka
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played all Battlefield games since BF1942, except for the Battlefield Heroes and BFBC2 I didn't play much.
    I haven't play hardcore so much, so I'm not a "real fan"?

But you are right that there should be hard core Mode.
    I was thinking to play that in BfV but if there is none ...

• Cpt_McRon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Difference between Core and Hardcore players is simple: Core players want to play a game; Hardcore player want to have a full immersion, way more realist experience.

Hardcore isn't about to run everywhere, watch a minimap and go hunt a red tag on a minimap.
    Hardcore is about thinking about your actions, your moves. If you run in the middle of the street, you're dead as in real life. You have to consider sounds and visuals. If you hear fights on your right you know you have to be careful, if you hear a sniper on your left, you don't advance without smoke. And when you finally flanked enemy team just take position and eliminate as quick as in real life, one clip can takedown 6-7 men easily as in real life.
    You don't have 3D spotting, you don't have minimap, you don't have reticule/crosshair. Snipers are as deadly as in real life; hiding a dropping the right shot to kill no matter the distance. Supports gunner are you're best friend to eliminate quickly a full team attacking you're objective...
    You're squad leader is your only squad spawn point, meaning that if you don't follow his orders/moves you're forced to spawn far away. You're supposed to act as a real squad.

It's more of a simulation and with all the new improvements: Attrition, Fortification, Movements according to the terrain... Hardcore will be the best out of all the franchise if you'll make it as it was in BF4.

It's simply a distinction between players that are kind of "dumb" if i can say so, and don't want to think twice and just want to have fun (and I understand and respect that) but hardcore is for another community that want a real experience, and don't want to see BF as a game but as a simulator.

PS: and don't come to say: "go play a dedicated hardcore game", none as the potential of this Franchise with Frostbite, destruction, beautfiful map ad system of immersion that have been implemented in BFV. HARDCORE is a must have for this game.
  • disposalist
    8323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How does a "real fan" look like?
    I've been very active on the forums since BF1 Beta and have played BF since 1942. The more active I am the more I realise there is no such thing. Time and time again arguments develop in the forums and we find the players are on different systems, play different game modes, only play one (differing) class and had pretty much no chance of agreeing on anything much.

The differences between the different types of players and different types of game mechanics and game mode and system are more than large enough to mean no one can be completely happy and anyone with slightly 'fringe' wants and needs will seem like a lunatic compared to the opposite fringe or even to average players.

Console and PC: Using controller and aim assist with lower tick rates compared to PC can have enormous effect on weapon balance, TTK, TTD and the effects of mechanics like suppression. They should be balanced separately. Simple as that. Some weapons are utterly different on different systems and no amount of tweaking will make them balance on both.
    It's not just weapons either. Soldier movement capability is very different and that has great effect on what tactics work and what pace feels good.

TTK: Even 100ms can make a difference in gunplay that is night-and-day depending on your preferred weapon, playstyle, game mode and even system.

Accuracy: Low (or no) to high spread has similarly fundamental effect on the way the game plays. Some hate it, some love it. High accuracy has much greater effect on a system with aim assist.

Game mode: Some only play Domination. Some Conquest. Some Ops. Some TDM. The balancing needed for each is very different. Careful map design doesn't overcome things like squeezing assault players' arsenals of explosives into a small map, infantry only game. Playing one particular game mode also effects the kind of gunplay you prefer greatly. Personally, I think BF was better when it wholly concentrated (and designed and balanced) on Conquest, but doing that now would cause riots.

Hardcore: Never a popular mode (number of players) and very divisive, but loved by it's players. Some hardcore features have made it into BF5, but given it's a niche mode... why? There's a good reason hardcore was supported by completely different ruleset servers in the past.

Casual/competitive: The different preferences between those that play BF to just enjoy some war-based fun with their friends and those that are driven to beat the opposition with their clan and improve their stats are massive. What seems crazy laughs to one will be unbearable randomness to the other. What seems a skill challenge to one will be boring frustration to the other.

TL;DR: DICE can't possibly please everyone. They need to balance console and PC separately and they need to have different ruleset servers for casual, competitive and hardcore. They maybe even need to balance separately for Domination, Ops, Conquest, etc.
    That sounds like more work, but trying to balance for all player types and systems must be very complex too and has little chance of success.
  • captrowdyy
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always played hardcore and I'm super stoked with bf 5. Need the mini map for squad
  • Javoto
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The reality is the following. With Battlefield 3 EA wanted to send a message to Activision. To bust the COD and **** his children. For this I create Battlefield 3, For me a masterpiece. Playing that hardcord game, it still puts me. But once destroyed COD, the only thing that mattered was giving their **** to the fools of the Cod. That is why we can see how there is no hardcore and why they are going to create a Fornite for the second world war.

For me, Investing € 60 to buy the CALL of Battlefield is not interesting. Imagine, in the Demo of BF3, I played it for weeks. But the 5, I think I did not play a whole day.

Hardcore is not a word that COD players know, because they were going to buy the BF5 for it. Maybe next year start to see how sales are not what they expected and decide to return to the right path.

Postscript: for all those who believe that the Hardcore game mode is for campers, is that really, they are garbage of the CoD and they would have to think twice before coming to mecca, to comment with their stupidity.

Battlefield saga has not improved since the third. Hire the company that created the Desert Combat mod. It was a success. Hiring it to copy the game mode of the CoD is stupid. But if you want to sell to stupid people, you have to do what fools want.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Real Fans? If the majority of battlefield "real fans" played hardcore, there would be a hardcore mode on launch. While I think there should be a hardcore mode, it has always been an overwhelming minority of the community.

Battlefield normal was never part of Battlefield before Bad Company when Dice started making everything kid friendly. Friendly fire, no auto repair, limited ammo in vehicles. Games like PUBG, Black Ops 4, Fortnite don't hold your hand as much as Dice does with Battlefield easy mode, they should have never released without the core hardcore mode, it's a joke.

Dice didn't release hardcore because they don't play hardcore in the office. Everything they do wrong is the issues with no outside playtesting, Most of all EA games get tested this way. If you say the people don't want hardcore, i would like to point out, PUBG, Fortnite and Black Ops 4 are all hardcore compared to BFV. They have to change to this model or watch the game die, it's that simple.

(Side note, If BFV BR is WW2 themed with snipers with flashlights and no friendly fire, goodbye Battlefield.) That would be a faster death than Hardline.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear DICE ,

IF you look at the "conquest core" gamemode description, they tell you that the mode is just the start of the hardcore experience, so they will add it later
  • midgman
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dear DICE ,

Spotting sucks it's **** I have legit seen people with the spotted icon above there head from across the map and shot through trees to kill them. I never would have know they were there if the spotting in this game weren't broken. Even though that spotting benefitted me I still think it's a pile of **** and should be removed or toned down to a general area spotting mode.
  • midgman
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dear DICE ,

????? Is real life broken cause in real life if you get shot in the chest with any of these guns your dead. Let's be honest battlefield is going to lose a majority of there players that want a hardcore mode as soon as Insurgency Snadstorm hits xbox. There are no good hardcore games for Xbox one currently if DICE were even remotely smart they would take the week it would take to rollout a hard core mode and appease there fans before Insurgency comes out. Otherwise everybody's going to leave for Insurgency as soon as it hits the store including myself.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol "real fans" play Hardcore? That's why it's only existed in 4 BF titles, right?
  • midgman
    Dear DICE ,

IF you look at the "conquest core" gamemode description, they tell you that the mode is just the start of the hardcore experience, so they will add it later

First off they did away with the conquest core and hardcore. 2nd all the hardcore mode was for them was the original game settings before they nerfed it and tried to make it harder to kill people there was never any actual hardcore to it.