No RSP please

Ghostarmy286
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Please don't bring RSP to Battlefield 5. I don't want to have to play by other people's rules. I want to be able to play whatever I want use whatever I want and not get kicked out just because I'm good at the game. Currently whenever I go and play Battlefield 4 all I can find is RSP servers all doing the same map 24/7 I can't experience the rest of the game because of it I don't want this to be happening in Battlefield 5. As long as RSP is for private servers and not in public it's fine with me.

Comments

• CaptHotah
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "I don't want to play on RS so no one else should" 🤦‍♂️
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While I've never been a fan of community servers myself, I don't see a reason not to include this option. People have different tastes, you know.
  • Ghostarmy286
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't bring RSP to Battlefield 5. I don't want to have to play by other people's rules. I want to be able to play whatever I want use whatever I want and not get kicked out just because I'm good at the game. Currently whenever I go and play Battlefield 4 all I can find is RSP servers all doing the same map 24/7 I can't experience the rest of the game because of it I don't want this to be happening in Battlefield 5. As long as RSP is for private servers and not in public it's fine with me.

If they pay for the server, why on earth would you think they shouldn't be able to make some rules? Do you expect to be able to go into a pizza place and demand they make you a hamburger? Do you want to be able to listen to a radio in a movie theater? Those servers are private property just like businesses are private property, and if you don't like the rules posted on the info screen, why did you go in there? Come to think of it, if you don't like the maps those rented BF4 servers run, why don't you put up the money to host a server with a map rotation you like? Or should it always be somebody else who pays the bill? Without rented servers nobody would be playing BF4 because there wouldn't be any servers, would you be happier with that?

Some of the best BF servers I ever played were custom servers with interesting formats, like sniper-only, or pistol-knife only, or Metro no explosives, or some of the custom hardcore servers. One size does not fit all, and if someone is willing to put up the money then they should be able to run a custom server provided they're operating within EA's terms of service.

As for being kicked because you're good at the game, yeah, right, heard that story before. Rumphurt admins kicked me for killing them, and then we get the other side of the story, usually involving cursing out other players and then the admins followed by the kick. As someone here said recently, there were always way more abusive players than abusive admins, so "kicked for no reason" posts are always taken with a big grain of salt.

Well of course if you buy a server you should be able to change the rules but that's what I'm saying don't add it in in the first place clearly you're not understanding my frustration with it and I'm not going to buy a server on a Battlefield game that is dying by each passing day. The thing about being kicked I hold true to that I don't do anything that is bad in any way no glitch no trash talking I barely even talk on the mic in any video game I rarely ever talk. so there is no trash talking from me. I do get kicked just because I'm better. I buy a game so I can experience all of the content it can give I can't experience all that content if people are limiting things and basically all the servers that are populated are rented servers I loved Battlefield 1 a lot because I never got in any rented servers I got to experience all of what the game can offer
  • Ghostarmy286
    What parkingbrake said.
    There's absolutely no reason to not want RSP. If you're an entitled brat that wants others to play by your rules even tho the others are the ones that paid for their server, just go play on an official dice server then. What does it change in your life that they do what they want with their server they paid for?

When rented servers come out that means there is less populated official servers and most people when they go on a Battlefield game like myself don't go through the list of servers they just click on a game mode and join whatever server it puts you in I'm not a casual player I play the game a lot but a big chunk of people do what I just said who are casuals and aren't going to pick through servers or even know about that I should be able to experience everything the game has to offer in every server because currently in Battlefield 4 I can't find anything but one map for all servers I don't want that happening here too I can't find any official servers and it is quite annoying so that is why I don't want it in Battlefield 5 I enjoyed Battlefield 1 a great deal because it didn't have the stupid program
  • Ghostarmy286
    While I've never been a fan of community servers myself, I don't see a reason not to include this option. People have different tastes, you know.

I know people have different tastes but they're not mine and servers take away from populating official servers where I can experience the full game
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i never liked RSP because of admins which choose their own rules with their own map rotation. I like how with two clicks i can join all maps , all weapon servers with rules which are for everyone.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What parkingbrake said.
    There's absolutely no reason to not want RSP. If you're an entitled brat that wants others to play by your rules even tho the others are the ones that paid for their server, just go play on an official dice server then. What does it change in your life that they do what they want with their server they paid for?

When rented servers come out that means there is less populated official servers and most people when they go on a Battlefield game like myself don't go through the list of servers they just click on a game mode and join whatever server it puts you in I'm not a casual player I play the game a lot but a big chunk of people do what I just said who are casuals and aren't going to pick through servers or even know about that I should be able to experience everything the game has to offer in every server because currently in Battlefield 4 I can't find anything but one map for all servers I don't want that happening here too I can't find any official servers and it is quite annoying so that is why I don't want it in Battlefield 5 I enjoyed Battlefield 1 a great deal because it didn't have the stupid program

You can't stretch the situation that you see with bf4 onto a new title like bf5. The reason bf4's server is lacking variation or the maps that you like is exactly because the game is too old to still have Dice host servers for them therefore, without RSP, there wouldn't even be any servers left AT ALL for you to play multiplayer anyway on bf4 nowadays. BF4 would then be singleplayer only. So you'd rather there be no way for anybody to play bf4 online at all than to have at least some still enjoy it with their way on their server they're paying for? Rather extremely selfish. Why don't you simply rent your own bf4 server then? You can then play on all the maps or gamemodes you want!

Because of some "casuals" (that you describe to be too lazy or stupid to simply use the server browser correctly), you want to remove player choices? That makes no sense. Also, the people that purposefully stop playing on official servers and go for community/clan servers only can have their own reasons too. It can be that they don't like a lot of the maps and said server they play on doesn't run those so it makes him happy. It can also be that the anti-cheat system being garbage, having admins closely monitor their own server(s) can be the most effective anti-cheat system assuring said player that the server he's playing on isn't full of cheaters. Etc. etc. Lots of reason for everybody to find what they like in rented servers over official ones.

In bf1 there was still PLENTY of dice servers being hosted even 2 years after release when bf5 was coming out so don't overdramatize, it's not true that when RSP comes out they will suddenly remove all official servers. There will always be official servers until the next title comes out (or until the franchise disapears, whichever is soonest). Objectively speaking, there is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever in not wanting RSP. There are actually a lot of players (mainly the competitive ones) that will not even bother playing bf5 if no RSP comes in because there won't be a way to host any scrims if they can only play on official servers.
  • BlindChance
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12

The level of entitlement is off the chart here. Don't like playing by other people's rules, join DICE run servers only. All you have to do is filter them out in the server browser. The value of RSP / community run servers goes beyond what you want and dislike. I acknowledge some of us might be too young to be aware of this.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I know people have different tastes but they're not mine and servers take away from populating official servers where I can experience the full game

That means you want everyone to play the way you want to play, they shouldn't have a choice. So even if eight out of ten players don't like a particular map, everybody should have to play it because you want to experience "the full game" including an unpopular map. That's a rather selfish way to look it.

Everyone should be made to suffer on DICE's official servers.. there is no escape! :D
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I am 100% in favor of RSP so hopefully I can play on a server that doesn't have garbage sniperfest maps like Hamada, Panzerstorm, Narvik and Fjell. Give me 24/7 Arris, Twisted Steel and Devastation please :)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In bf1 there was still PLENTY of dice servers being hosted even 2 years after release when bf5 was coming out so don't overdramatize, it's not true that when RSP comes out they will suddenly remove all official servers. There will always be official servers until the next title comes out (or until the franchise disapears, whichever is soonest). Objectively speaking, there is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever in not wanting RSP. There are actually a lot of players (mainly the competitive ones) that will not even bother playing bf5 if no RSP comes in because there won't be a way to host any scrims if they can only play on official servers.
    Well said. Let's note that "Official" servers in BF4 were not run by EA (must less DICE), they were rented servers too but the operators had agreed to have sharply limited control over their servers. The theory was that the egomaniacs and kiddies with a rules phobia and so on would play on Official servers so there would be little problem keeping those servers populated, it was a trade-off, less control for a full server. Most of the Official servers I played were horrible, e.g. if the teams became imbalanced there was nothing the admins could do about it because they couldn't move players, so if the balancer stopped working it was 32 vs. 15 for the rest of the round. Official servers were also where EA ended up dumping Game Time players after it became clear cheaters were using the Game Time promotion for an infinite series of disposable accounts, when they were banned they would just open another Game Time account and continue trolling. Think about that, EA confined a population with a high likelihood of cheating to Official servers--I'll take a Ranked server with an active admin who had BF4DB open on a second monitor so he could take out the trash anytime over an Official server where a blatant cheater is untouchable.

In other games where there were both rented servers and servers run by EA then Official servers could be taken to mean servers run by EA/DICE. In BFV the distinction is moot because there are no rented servers, and in the long run I bet that will shorten the life of the game because dedicated clan players tend to stick with a game longer than casual players (which could be exactly what EA has in mind, i.e. selling us a new game in a couple of years).
  • VincentNZ
    2582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Private servers is exactly the reason why there are still servers for BF4, across all regions. Yes, technically RSP drives people away from Officical servers, but for each official server gone there is another one opened up. Plus, of course the freedom to play the game exactly how you want it to be played. Or to make the game even better, by only allowing 32 people, of autokick people that exploit a game-breaking bug, without having to rely on the devs to do something about it.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well said. Let's note that "Official" servers in BF4 were not run by EA (must less DICE), they were rented servers too but the operators had agreed to have sharply limited control over their servers. The theory was that the egomaniacs and kiddies with a rules phobia and so on would play on Official servers so there would be little problem keeping those servers populated, it was a trade-off, less control for a full server. Most of the Official servers I played were horrible, e.g. if the teams became imbalanced there was nothing the admins could do about it because they couldn't move players, so if the balancer stopped working it was 32 vs. 15 for the rest of the round. Official servers were also where EA ended up dumping Game Time players after it became clear cheaters were using the Game Time promotion for an infinite series of disposable accounts, when they were banned they would just open another Game Time account and continue trolling. Think about that, EA confined a population with a high likelihood of cheating to Official servers--I'll take a Ranked server with an active admin who had BF4DB open on a second monitor so he could take out the trash anytime over an Official server where a blatant cheater is untouchable.

In other games where there were both rented servers and servers run by EA then Official servers could be taken to mean servers run by EA/DICE. In BFV the distinction is moot because there are no rented servers, and in the long run I bet that will shorten the life of the game because dedicated clan players tend to stick with a game longer than casual players (which could be exactly what EA has in mind, i.e. selling us a new game in a couple of years).

This. When my team had our own BC2 server I always had a laptop up with the admin software running. We did not have sketchy players on our server and there was nearly always a waitlist to get in due to good map rotation.. good players and matches and very active admins.
  • PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If the admin could set what weapons allowed instead of just writing rules that would be nice. So you CANT break any rules/weapon restrictions and getting kicked. If server has rules set you should also be able to see this in server browser.