Mouse & Keyboard support?

Comments

  • asittingduck
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sick of the m&kb arguments. mouse may be more precise but if your reaction time is slower the controller guy will still kill you.
    Flight sims do people complain about flight sticks no
    Car games do people complain about people using racing wheel no.
    So what's the difference here, people should be able to use what they prefer. I know of people with pc's that use controllers and are still getting great k/d
  • Adumbscreename
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sick of the m&kb arguments. mouse may be more precise but if your reaction time is slower the controller guy will still kill you.
    Flight sims do people complain about flight sticks no
    Car games do people complain about people using racing wheel no.
    So what's the difference here, people should be able to use what they prefer. I know of people with pc's that use controllers and are still getting great k/d

    Agreed.
  • zombifiedstalker
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny. a couple of weeks ago i accidentally clicked on the PC section and saw a thread where a guy was complaining that using controllers on PC instead of MnK should be banned.
    Felt like I had entered a parallel universe...
  • ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    “This thread brought to you by xim”
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since xim and other hardware is already out there and can not be stopped, developers should just allow MK support on all games.

    I use controller because i cant be bothered to sit with a desk all the time. I do that at work and want to just relax on a couch at home.

    It would be a bit unfair. But i can handle it.

    And we dont know what future will bring. Maybe this will force consol manufacturers to envolve the controller into something more competetive to the MK. Just like they evolved in the 90s and gave us thumbsticks when first shooters started apearing.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny. a couple of weeks ago i accidentally clicked on the PC section and saw a thread where a guy was complaining that using controllers on PC instead of MnK should be banned.
    Felt like I had entered a parallel universe...

    if it's what I think it's for. he was upset because games like destiny give controller users on pc aim assist... and I do agree. that should not be allowed on any platform
  • zombifiedstalker
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    Its funny. a couple of weeks ago i accidentally clicked on the PC section and saw a thread where a guy was complaining that using controllers on PC instead of MnK should be banned.
    Felt like I had entered a parallel universe...

    if it's what I think it's for. he was upset because games like destiny give controller users on pc aim assist... and I do agree. that should not be allowed on any platform

    yep, that's pretty much it. I just found it amusing because of the posts I've read on console forums over the years, stating that MnK without assist with still beat controller with it. I have no firm opinion on the argument, I was just enjoying the paradox.. :smile:

    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1420559#Comment_1420559
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    to be fair the aim assist in destiny is friggen EPIC. not kidding. when you balance your game's weapons based on how strong the headshot aim assist is, you're doing it wrong..it doesn't make any sence. the gunplay in destiny is solid af. there is zero reason to have aim assist muddle up that great gunplay and destiny uses a heavy heavy aim assist hand.
  • JamieCurnock
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not up for mixed servers of mk and controller. Separate servers is fine.
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    go to PC if you want mouse and keyboard.
  • asittingduck
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People who use M-K on Xbox are the people who get owned on PC. Console is for Controller only and the only way it should be. You want to play with M-K stay on your PC. Learn to adapt to a controller. We all had too. Complete Fu—n joke introducing M-K to Console 🤬🖕

    Wish I could adapt, I have trouble with my hands and playing with controller now causes them to cramp, so because of this you say I should get a pc, but I moved to console because I was sick of people using aim bots. Now I have a group of good friends on the xbox, they all use controller and get way higher k/d than I.
    Also my k/d is proof that m&kb is not God mode. Do I do better with m&kb a little but not much always bottom on cod, and middle on bf, difference is I can play with less discomfort.
  • asittingduck
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    shaunUK24 wrote: »
    Want to use a keyboard and mouse?
    Buy a PC

    But why? My friends are on xbox, I don't want to play against people using aim bots.
    Why can people use a racing wheel in forza against people using controller, but when it come to m&kb it's different.

    If you want proof join me in a game I'll play a round with my controller then with m&kb you'll see it's no god mode.


    Gt a sittingduck73. Yes the tag is very appropriate.
  • Adumbscreename
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With a XIM M & KB setup....I hold a modest 1.78 KD ratio on foot... Probably less than average. ... & Around a 1.00 KD in Tanks.... . I Don't even wanna know what it would be like with the controller.
  • Adumbscreename
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    It doesn't help that much. :p





  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want mouse support for Xbox.. part of the reason I switched to play BF games on console was because everyone is on the same playing field (outside of internet connection speeds)... you start allowing mouse keyboard it opens a can or worms I rather not have.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want mouse support for Xbox.. part of the reason I switched to play BF games on console was because everyone is on the same playing field (outside of internet connection speeds)... you start allowing mouse keyboard it opens a can or worms I rather not have.


    everyone is and will be on the same playing field. you choose how you want to play
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    full951 wrote: »
    I don't want mouse support for Xbox.. part of the reason I switched to play BF games on console was because everyone is on the same playing field (outside of internet connection speeds)... you start allowing mouse keyboard it opens a can or worms I rather not have.


    everyone is and will be on the same playing field. you choose how you want to play

    Not if a player is using a superior control method then another.. the problem is mouse keyboard gives better recoil and aim control then a controller. It was Dice that mentioned they are looking at balancing the game for each system type. Not just the same blanket recoil and such across all platforms. That's pretty telling that they view a discrepancy between different control types.

    So no not everyone is on the same playing field if you start allowing mouse control in competitive game on console. Unless you want to make it where only Mouse/Keyboard players get matched with other Mouse/Keyboard users.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying it ain't better. it is. that's not a bad thing. you can't limit other people because you prefer a controller. best case scenario is separate servers initially. but the reality is, that won't last.
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want mouse support for Xbox.. part of the reason I switched to play BF games on console was because everyone is on the same playing field (outside of internet connection speeds)... you start allowing mouse keyboard it opens a can or worms I rather not have.

    But everyone is not on the same playing field because of Xim and other similar mods.

    Right now people are playing BFV with MK on xbox.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »
    alexb18 wrote: »
    Please for the love of god, enable Mouse support for BFV. I spent the former years of battlefield on PC and had to switch to console for financial reasons. I sincerely believe that MK should be enabled and I know that many in the community (xbox) are excited to start playing games with higher precision as well.

    I would say an overwhelming amount of console users don't want m&kb on consoles if they are going to mix the servers. If it's a separate lobby that's fine with most people but I don't want to be going up against it in my lobbies.

    Especially with battlefield being a casual game... m&k is going to destroy the experience for many casual players
Sign In or Register to comment.