Disapointing game, not realistic nor historically correct.

Comments

• gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People need to understand that people tend to treat WW2 differently when it comes to historically accuracy.
    That being said, had DICE gone with a historically authentic BF game with the correct marketing and tugged at the heartstrings of those nostalgic for early ww2 games millennials used to play it would have had a huge financial hit on their hands. More importantly it would have absolutely given them the internal and external support they will need in the future to build on BF5 as a live service for years to come. The bad marketing, bad art direction and lack of content at launch has led to less than desireable sales but hopefully DICE can recover since BF5 has an amazing foundation for what could be a magnificent game.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @gibonz ( because that stupid forum eats every of my edited comments )

I beg to differ: " New Dice " should fail, they should feel the consequences for their actions. And this Game has quite the opposite of an amazing foundation like for example BF 4 had even with all the horrible technical issues.
    Everything in this game just shows that its a Frankenstein creature with no red line or general concept when being created. Subsystem damage for Vehicles but no counterpart for Infantry, Tides of war with ongoing timeline but right from the start Weapons and Vehicles from the late War era. Stone-Paper-Scissor Classes needing and supporting each other ? Nah just give everything to the Assault class.
    Again: EA just gave them a list what should be in the game because the saw these things at other games and Dice just couldnt wait to get the next step of their political agenda in the game.
    A WW2 Battlefield Game....this should have been selling itself like sliced bread. Instead they did everything wrong and failed. Like i said in another thread before, i actually use their marketing campaign in my company and towards my employees and students how not to communicate with your costumers and announcing a new product.
  • SturmKliest
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was looking forward for a Battlefield more realistic like Battlefield 4. This game is a cartoon, red dot sights in WW2, starting out with a Sturmgewehr 1-5 in the early part the war, when it didn't into service until the final months of the war, ridiculous!

No hardcore where you don't have to put half a magazine into a target before it goes down, this game should have been realistic like Red October, yet with super graphics, as it is, it's a cartoon!

Dice really should restrict people to post on this forum section if they dont even own or play the game.
    I can remember in other some other games you need at least a 5 hours of play within a month in order be able to post on the forum.

I do own the game and you are a moron!

And you are insulting other people because you cant turn BF5 into grandpa cartridge simulator.

This Grandpa actually fought in real combat, so go pound salt!
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    Do you really want realism?

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

Dice could learn a thing or two from that game. Especially because they already share a common trait: technical problems.
    I still wait for " Hell let Loose " instead.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Dice could learn a thing or two from that game. Especially because they already share a common trait: technical problems.
    What makes you think Hell Let Loose won't fail hard let the rest of realistic WWII shooters?
  • Stahlmach
    edited January 13

What makes you think Hell Let Loose won't fail hard let the rest of realistic WWII shooters?

Nothing. I just said that i will wait and hope. And until than several other beautiful games will come around. Like Metro Exodus or the Resident Evil 2 Remake.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF games have never been realistic. Not even close.

True, but play BF4 in classic mode removes a lot of the bs like autoheal, spotting (no dorittos) auto repair - basically all the "real deal" from BF2. Only lack is, the planes and vehicles doesnt need to reload at base/get resupplied like in BF2.

@xKusagamix

The jetpack was in the extra CD secret weapons of WW2, I still have it on the shelf ;)
    I think it was ok, the germans DID work on a jetpack (never worked but thats another story).

The guns in BF2 was faction sided, I liked that - I did prefer to play US though mainly because I never like russian guns IRL. but that
    more of a personal preference than anything.

@Broliszibaila

- Enemy sub detected - !
    I did play BF1942 and had a great lot of fun back then, but today its outdated in every way. We have to remember that back then it was the first of its kind in all ways and just being attacked from land, air and sea was a huge leap that made most of us jump in chairs because most of us had games like DOOM and similar to compare with ;)

@DCSTomcat
    Thats a whole different ballgame ! Simulation is and never was BF-series intent. I do get what youre pointing at tho.
    I bought and tried ARMA, a great game/simulator but it takes far too long to get a game going when all you got is 20 minutes before you got to go work/children needs food/wife needs a slap in the backside what so ever. Sims. in general isnt for causal play, but for players or let me call them enthusiasts because the simulation itself is most important. I once played "a round" where it was a planned ambush we had to fight our way out of, that game took nearly 4 hours ! It was great but I simply havent got that kind of time to play.

• StormSaxon
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 did Not feel like a WW1 game. Didn’t even look like WW1.
    It was still fun.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Do you played BF1942? Hm?? Looks like not and you have no idea how BF series even started!

my first bf was bf 1942, but i think this guy compares it to other games like arma or squad or red orchestra. bf was never the super realistic war game, it was tactical in some ways on hardcore servers but in no way realistic. more like arcady
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You know it could be worse.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Think of it as a WWII 'style' game.

And enough of the 'iconic' battles nonsense. The USA didn't have the war on their doorstep whereas us Europeans did, along with our Commonwealth allies. Many of these battles are known to us and I've seen all the 'iconic' battles too many times already in other games.

There was a LOT more to WWII than what you see in Saving Private Ryan (despise that movie), Band of Brothers and Iwo Jima.

Okay so why not exactly giving us these iconic " european " early war battles ?
    Why no fight at the Danzig Westerplatte when Germany attacked Poland and some polish forces hold longer than anyone thought ?
    Why not Dünkirchen with a great beach map ?
    Why no Battle of Britain Air Superiority ?
    Why not the capturing of the belgian Fortress Eben Emael by german Paratroopers ? ( maybe than lazy Dice would have made a german Transport plane! )
    Why not the important crossing of the river Maas by the Wehrmacht in 1940 as part of the Battle of Sedan ? Which also would make a great map because there were several unfinished parts of the Maginot line in that area.
    Instead Rotterdam where no british soldier actually ever was and the " battle " just being " famous " for the bombardment by the Luftwaffe.

Rotterdam. Great map in pretty much all modes. Glad they included it

rotterdam is the best map you can play every class and be viable i couldnt agree more
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Each of those DICE Employees, said BF V is "the most immersive Battlefield yet" like 3 dang times at the Battlefield V Reveal......You cannot be immersed in that WW II feeling, with what this Game has!!!
  • Stahlmach
    gibonez wrote: »
    People need to understand that people tend to treat WW2 differently when it comes to historically accuracy.
    That being said, had DICE gone with a historically authentic BF game with the correct marketing and tugged at the heartstrings of those nostalgic for early ww2 games millennials used to play it would have had a huge financial hit on their hands. More importantly it would have absolutely given them the internal and external support they will need in the future to build on BF5 as a live service for years to come. The bad marketing, bad art direction and lack of content at launch has led to less than desireable sales but hopefully DICE can recover since BF5 has an amazing foundation for what could be a magnificent game.

I beg to differ: " New Dice " should fail, they should feel the consequences for their actions. And this Game has quite the opposite of an amazing foundation like for example BF 4 had even with all the horrible technical issues.
    Everything in this game just shows that its a Frankenstein creature with no red line or general concept when being created. Subsystem damage for Vehicles but no counterpart for Infantry, Tides of war with ongoing timeline but right from the start Weapons and Vehicles from the late War era. Stone-Paper-Scissor Classes needing and supporting each other ? Nah just give everything to the Assault class.
    Again: EA just gave them a list what should be in the game because the saw these things at other games and Dice just couldnt wait to get the next step of their political agenda in the game.
    A WW2 Battlefield Game....this should have been selling itself like sliced bread. Instead they did everything wrong and failed. Like i said in another thread before, i actually use their marketing campaign in my company and towards my employees and students how not to communicate with your costumers and announcing a new product.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was looking forward for a Battlefield more realistic like Battlefield 4.

giphy.gif
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Do you played BF1942? Hm?? Looks like not and you have no idea how BF series even started!

And you have no idea how immensely inaccurate and unrealistic that game is, obviously.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At least they added in the famous WWII flash light for a scope, it certainly wouldn't feel realistic without that.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was looking forward for a Battlefield more realistic like Battlefield 4. This game is a cartoon, red dot sights in WW2, starting out with a Sturmgewehr 1-5 in the early part the war, when it didn't into service until the final months of the war, ridiculous!

No hardcore where you don't have to put half a magazine into a target before it goes down, this game should have been realistic like Red October, yet with super graphics, as it is, it's a cartoon!

Exactly, it's a game.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes other than infinite parachutes and reviving players who just got hit by a tank shell with defibs, BF4 was completely realistic.

Pffft, i'm forever reviving people with defibs from 10 yards away in real life, no-one else do this?
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In my humble opinion, CoD World at War ([email protected]) --despite all the quickscoping, drop shotting, and americans using japanese guns-- seemed way more like a WW2 game than BF5 or CoD WW2.

Wamen, no swastikas, none of the iconic locations (yet).....Maybe it's BFV's (and CoD WW2's) choice of which aspects of being "Historically accurate", "Authentic" and/or "Realistic" to discard that has failed to make this seem like a WW2 game.
This discussion has been closed.