Zeroing

mudpig44
61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else not able to zero their sniper rifles?

Comments

• skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    Oh I do it and it never works. I use my spotting scope to get distance and I'll guess when it's over 200m I've got zero hit markers so I just keep it at 60 and aim accordingly ... think that mess is broken cause i had someone at 305 so i did 300 and they weren't moving and i shot like 10x and just gave up
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe you have to hold Y to cycle through zeroing distances while scoped in.
  • UGFREEZEIY
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It feels like when you change it to higher zeroing that it does less damage. I switched it to 300, and can see i got a headshot but the got kept moving, shot him 4 times and he was still alive. Switched back to 60 and he was dead with one shot.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UGFREEZEIY wrote: »
    It feels like when you change it to higher zeroing that it does less damage. I switched it to 300, and can see i got a headshot but the got kept moving, shot him 4 times and he was still alive. Switched back to 60 and he was dead with one shot.

No problem connecting on your shot though? I swear I measured my spot many many times and may only be max 20 m off my zeroing and i can't connect no matter if I am on the head, body, over the head, etc... like I legit think I've never got 1 hit marker.
  • UGFREEZEIY
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    UGFREEZEIY wrote: »

No problem connecting on your shot though? I swear I measured my spot many many times and may only be max 20 m off my zeroing and i can't connect no matter if I am on the head, body, over the head, etc... like I legit think I've never got 1 hit marker.

That might be a connection issue, I've tried sniping some guys that twitch left and right. For the longer shots i use the Krag. Closer i use the Lee. It could also be you are to close to objects. I just did a match where it shows i am above the rock, but my buddy told me i was halfway through it.
    Post edited by UGFREEZEIY on
  • mudpig44
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My problem is that I hold Y down for 5 or 10 sec but it doesn't change. It just stays on 60m.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think you have to have the specialization unlocked which allows you to re-zero your weapon. I don’t think that they all are able to do this by default.
  • mudpig44
    Thanks for all the advice. I've got it sorted.
    And yes zeroing is nowhere near as effective on bfv as it is on previous ones.
  • DundeePaddy
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tells you in game in one of their hints during the loading screen, that long range sniping is ineffective due to the drag on the bullets. I haven’t seen any damage drop models yet so I’m guessing that’s a big part of the “four shots to the head” problem.