Anyone else having any trouble with R2?

supervixen82
17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've really only noticed it when I've used the Gewehr 43 but I'm a noob so I don't have much unlocked. Anyway, sometimes I'll be shooting someone and all of a sudden it's like the R2 button just stops working. It's so annoying when I'm about to kill someone then it stops. Usually it'll start firing again a second or two later. I haven't noticed any problems with my R2 button in any others games either.

Comments

• pest174
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same. I can't figure out what it is. Some say swapping R2 to R1 helped, others says it hasn't. On my end, it seems to be certain guns react this way. The M1A1 runs smooth, while something like the Gewehr will feel like it jams on every other shot.

Also experiencing an issue with healing, prone, and reloading cancelling one another. So an example would be right after a gun fight I'll try to lay prone, heal, and reload in quick succession, but of course course I'll see all the animations play out but I won't heal and my ammo count remains the same.
  • LeesSummit09
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to know it is an issue. Happened to me a couple times today and I kept thinking my controller may be going bad.
  • supervixen82
    Ok, it's good to know it's not just me. I also had glitch earlier where I got stuck against a house right when I respawned. I had to blow it up and almost kill myself to get unstuck. I've also noticed when I try to revive people who are against rocks or barriers, it won't work. It just keeps telling me to press square even though I am.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had a problem when using the m1a1 where I would try to fire it quickly and R2 seems to stop responding. I would just write it off as my issue for not pulling the trigger properly, but I still experience it even with high hours. Seems to happen once per play session.
  • supervixen82
    I just unlocked the M1A1 and it's doing it on that one too. I changed the trigger to R1 and it seemed to fix it. It's annoying to get used to, but at least it works now.
  • dcs500
    1261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    Yes, had that a lot with single fire weapons in BFV. I did notice I had lowered the deadzone for the triggers to 0, I put the value back up to about 15, and I think I haven't had that problem since. I will check my settings later.
  • teagirl5
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember having this problem with sniper rifles on bf1 and also found that the button wouldn't work properly on a couple of other games too.l looked into it and it was an issue with the controller itself and ended up having to get a new one. There are supposed fixes for it but none worked for me.
  • flatrock101
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No not yet, but i'm sure it will happen at some point.
  • maskedocelot
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had trouble with the piat not firing properly when I press R2 but not noticed it with any of the weapons mentioned. The controller apparently has a layer of silicon under the button that they use for pressure sensitivity which can break and that's what stopped you using snipers/sentries/shotguns on BF1 I also found that driving games normally use it and it stopped cars going fast. If you haven't noticed it affecting other games it's probably not the controller. And reviving people seems really hit and miss to me I think they need to make the click area bigger or something.
  • pWnd999
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kashik1985 wrote: »
    I've had a problem when using the m1a1 where I would try to fire it quickly and R2 seems to stop responding. I would just write it off as my issue for not pulling the trigger properly, but I still experience it even with high hours. Seems to happen once per play session.

Same here.... I also have this issue with ag/m42, but I don't want to change any control settings.
  • AviG306
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never had any issue.
  • pest174
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just unlocked the M1A1 and it's doing it on that one too. I changed the trigger to R1 and it seemed to fix it. It's annoying to get used to, but at least it works now.

How the you switch the layout?

And would you do me a favor and try out R2 and some of the guns mentioned in the practice range? Something is off about the game, because on the range every gun worked as intended.
  • SAW_Viper420
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep. Semi autos seem to jam. Bf1 it was the pistols.
  • supervixen82
    pest174 wrote: »

And would you do me a favor and try out R2 and some of the guns mentioned in the practice range? Something is off about the game, because on the range every gun worked as intended.

You can change it if you go to options/control schemes/soldier buttons.

I switched the buttons back and I went to the practice range. They still jammed for me. I played bf1 about a week or two ago and I didn't have any problems with this so idk. I guess I'll just have to keep R1 as the trigger.
  • pest174
    pest174 wrote: »

You can change it if you go to options/control schemes/soldier buttons.

I switched the buttons back and I went to the practice range. They still jammed for me. I played bf1 about a week or two ago and I didn't have any problems with this so idk. I guess I'll just have to keep R1 as the trigger.

Ah, that sucks, and thanks for checking.
  • kreepypriest
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s the gewer 1-5 and AG/m-42 that like to have random stoppages for me..when I get back on I will see if I can change the threshold on my R2 trigger..
  • BigWyrm
    322 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My biggest problem with L2 is when I hit fire and swing with my freakin knife instead.
    I've died many times as a result of this.
    No, I'm not accidentally pressing the melee button.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty sure most are describing the gun jamming which happens every so often with the semi's and other similar weapons. There is also a glitch I noticed that occurs very rarely where a button will temporarily reassign itself to another, such as when I press something on the d pad I swing my knife. I'm positive I'm not accidentally pressing the knife button, it just happens from time to time.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pWnd999 wrote: »
    Kashik1985 wrote: »

Same here.... I also have this issue with ag/m42, but I don't want to change any control settings.

This gun seems to jam a lot
  • 0SiGHT0
    I've had trouble with the piat not firing properly when I press R2 but not noticed it with any of the weapons mentioned. The controller apparently has a layer of silicon under the button that they use for pressure sensitivity which can break and that's what stopped you using snipers/sentries/shotguns on BF1 I also found that driving games normally use it and it stopped cars going fast. If you haven't noticed it affecting other games it's probably not the controller. And reviving people seems really hit and miss to me I think they need to make the click area bigger or something.

I have also gotten this... Where I try to quickly fire the Panzerfaust and ti just doesn't fire, and sometimes I stand there looking like an idiot.