Weekly BF

Electric tanks in WW2

b2tchwood
1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Let’s take a minute to appreciate the electronic technology that tanks had in WW2.....
I was standing right next to an enemy tank in a game previously and just thought it was part of the environment. It made no noise at all. Should be able to hear that Diesel engine from half way across the map! Footsteps are bad enough, vehicles are worse.

Comments

• dcs500
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same as BF1. Loved how you could hear a horse when you was IN A PLANE, but couldn’t hear a tank when it was next to you.
  • ragnarok013
    3351 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If it was a tiger tank it might have suffered from engine failure, just like in real life! 😂

LOL I forgot about the Tiger's mechanical issues! To the OP tanks seem to have sound issues. In BF3 and BF4 I had no issues hearing tanks, in BF1 I didn't either but so many times in BF5 I've run right up onto an enemy tank because I couldn't hear it. The DICE guys who play FNB with us have experienced it too so they're aware of the issue.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V-1 sound cues aren’t working right if you’re in a tank either, often you only hear it right at the end, when it’s far too late to manouver away!
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it was a tiger tank it might have suffered from engine failure, just like in real life! 😂

LOL I forgot about the Tiger's mechanical issues! To the OP tanks seem to have sound issues. In BF3 and BF4 I had no issues hearing tanks, in BF1 I didn't either but so many times in BF5 I've run right up onto an enemy tank because I couldn't hear it. The DICE guys who play FNB with us have experienced it too so they're aware of the issue.

Good to know, I need to get on a FNB sesh again, jumped it with some FNB/DICE guys the other night, it was nice having PTFO guys to play against
  • bigiain
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think the tank sound has worked properly on the xbox since BC2 and I'm not even sure about that.
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yip, i've said same thing before, didn't know they had ninja tanks in WW2.
  • G-Gnu
    1426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    V-1 sound cues aren’t working right if you’re in a tank either, often you only hear it right at the end, when it’s far too late to manouver away!

Same goes for buildings (roofs of any sort) that seems to efficiently sound proof the rockets until it goes bang right besides you.
    On the other hand it is good that they do not override the whole damn sound space , but just because you are under a roof does not mean that the rocket got equipped with high efficiency silencer.
    Sound cues in this game and former iterations is so damn bad.
  • xKusagamix
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    i laughed so hard, lmao

• Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, I killed a panzer tank tank camping back in the fields in Arras during that obnoxious Tide of War in which you need to kill someone with a V1. Most exhilarating moment ever, couldn't believe it. It didn't even tried to escape.