Welcome to the January 11th edition of the Battlefield V Weekly Debrief!
This past week our communications and game improvement updates included the following highlights:This Week’s Highlights
Company Coin Accrual & Tides of War Mission Tracking Fixes are Coming!
- Teaser – Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes – We’ve released a teaser for the upcoming release of Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes! You can catch the teaser and download the full creator’s asset pack . You can also learn more about what’s coming up in the new release on this Battlefield.com new article.
- Preliminary Fix – Company Coin Accrual at Max Career Rank 50 – Recently, we rolled out a back-end fix (as detailed in this ) that resolved the standing Company Coin issue for many of our players. However, there are still some players that are experiencing it. This issue is of high priority for us, and we’ve detailed below our next steps in resolving it for good.
- Upcoming Fix – Tides of War In-Game Missions Tracking – We are aware of the current issue that prevents players from completing in-game Tides of War Missions that should result in unlocking a new piece of gear, skin, etc. This does not allow requirements to be successfully completed and tracked on our backend. We’ve also detailed next steps in the issues resolve below.
There are two high priority issues that we’ve committed to resolving completely: accruing Company Coin at max Career Rank 50 and the ability to track your completion progress in Tides of War in-game Missions. Yesterday, we confirmed that a preliminary fix was rolled out that addressed the Company Coin issue with the majority of our players, but not all of them. The good news is that the same team working on the Company Coin fix is also working on the Tides of War Mission tracking fix in parallel to each other. Here’s what we’re doing:
Archive for Week of January 7th
- Build a new test server with the proposed fixes – We have created a test server to isolate our proposed fixes for better identifying and addressing the root cause.
- Test against server this weekend – Our teams will test the fix and ensure it is successful in our closed environment before implementing in our live environments. We must ensure we don’t impact anything with the fix.
- Release fix to live servers – Once we’ve determined the fix is successful, we will implement it into the live servers so all players will receive Company Coin at max Rank and can track their Tides of War Missions progress properly.
Sneak Peek into Next Week
- High-Resolution Screenshots
- – Although we didn’t have any major blogs this week, you can access the link to download screenshots and other assets from previous blogs.
- – Key art, screenshots, logos, and more.
- Monday, January 7th
- Article – – The rundown of various news beats in a concise communication roadmap.
- Article – Battlefield V’s Known Issues List Update ( & Forums) – As we track known issues internally and acknowledge major issues brought to our attention we’ll keep our Known Issues list updated frequently.
- Tuesday, January 8th
- Weekly Community Highlight – – Congratulations to Pastrana_____199 for his ’14 Kills, One JB-2 Rocket’ clip that won him a Best Community in the World emblem! Think you’ve got a winning moment? Send it along to me via DM.
- Thursday, January 10th
- Article - – We’ve published a letter to you acknowledging the severity of the Company Coin issue, a preliminary fix we rolled out, and our continued commitment to resolve it completely.
- Teaser – – A glimpse into the upcoming release with a short video and a full creator’s asset pack to download for free.
- Friday, January 11th
- Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums. This is the article you’re reading now.
Q&A with DICE
- Battlefield Chapter 2: Lighting Strikes Launches – All-new content and missions coming next week!
- Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lighting Strikes Trailer – Hot new trailer coming to celebrate the upcoming release.
- Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lighting Strikes Update – Alongside Chapter 2’s release, Battlefield V will also receive an update that resolves some outstanding issues, provides additional balance improvements, and more. We’ll provide you with the full Update Notes early next week.
- Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update Notes
- Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Frequently Asked Questions
- Everything You Need to Know About Chapter 2: Lighting Strikes
- Chapter 2: Lighting Strikes Squad Conquest Mode
- Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lighting Strikes Landing Page
- Battlefield Weekly Hosted by EA UK – Tune in as the EA UK Battlefield Community Team plays through the new content available in Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes.
- Upcoming Battlefield V Update
- When does the next Battlefield V update come out?
- Jaqub Ajmal, Producer: If all goes as planned, it will roll out on January 15th.
- When can we expect to see update notes for the next Battlefield V update?
- JA: We would like the Update Notes to be release on January 14th. However, we started talking a little bit about the changes today, giving you something to look forward to next week.
- Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes
- When we will learn more about Tides of War Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes?
- Dan Mitre, Global Community Manager: We just released a teaser trailer this week as we pave way to a full trailer and more information early next week.
- Tides of War
- What’s up with the missions not tracking requirement completions correctly?
- JA: This is a bug that we are investigating with high priority. We want to highlight that there is a risk that we may not have a fix in time to coincide with the Chapter 2 release due to the complexity and amount of time it’s taking to troubleshoot this issue (although the proposed structure mentioned early in this article still applies). However, at the same time, we know that the Tides of War progression does work for many players as well, so we had to make a difficult decision of making the call to start the Tides of War progression as planned as we have also heard many players that they really want more things to do in-game.
- Will players get the ability to earn their missed in-game items due to missions not tracking properly?
- JA: We are currently investigating what the best solution for this would be as we don’t want anyone to lose out on items due bugs. We will get back to you when we have a proper solution.
- Vehicle balance is currently all over the place, both on ground and in the air. Is this being evaluated? What is the current design philosophy?
- JA: We have done some adjustments in the next update releasing next week. These will be highlighted in the update notes. Please continue to give us your feedback after you have had a chance to play the next update for a few hours.
- Will the End of Round screen continue to get refined? I’m having issues with understanding how much Company Coin I earned, what I unlocked, and how much XP I received.
- JA: Once we have resolved the issue with the Company Coins not always being awarded, we will be looking at what we can do to improve EoR screen further. Please be aware that we currently have an issue with the Company Coins being shown on the End of round screen not always being correct.
- Company Coin
- Is the Company Coin earn rate the same in all game modes?
- JA: As there is a difference between the amount of points players score at average between each mode, we aim to balance the amount of scores to be somewhat equal based upon your effort in each mode. This means that the Company Coins earned per mode and the score that you get might differ depending on what mode you play.
- Is there a max Company Coin you can earn per day by playing?
- JA: We will aim to monitor and keep tweaking these numbers as we start to see how players earn CC across modes to keep it even and not give any mode an advantage over the other when it comes to earning Company Coins.
We hope you enjoyed this week’s Battlefield V Weekly Debrief. Be sure to tune in and discuss more with us on the Battlefield Twitter, Forums, Reddit, and Discord channels.
See you on the Battlefield!
- Dan Mitre, Global Community Manager, @dan_mitre