'Wimpy' gun sounds

Head3masher
1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So almost every gun in Bf1 sounded great. in bfV, not so.

Particularly the pistols sound like they pack no punch and also SMGs such as the Mp28 in terms of audio, they sound like airsoft.

Is there any chance of the guys reworking some of the weaker gun sounds pls?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    It feels to me that each weapon category has it's own sound for all guns but that's it as I can't really tell the difference between something like MP28 and Tommygun.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1811 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can definitely hear the mg42, but other than that I'm not sure you can deferentiate between guns if the same class. Though wouldn't guns of the same calibre and rof sound very similar anyway.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can definitely hear the mg42, but other than that I'm not sure you can deferentiate between guns if the same class. Though wouldn't guns of the same calibre and rof sound very similar anyway.

I'm pretty sure MG42 and VGO sound exactly the same.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It feels to me that each weapon category has it's own sound for all guns but that's it as I can't really tell the difference between something like MP28 and Tommygun.

Yes dead right there. Support guns sound pretty good, and the Scout ones not too bad..

Thompson should have a bit more whomp to it.
  • KingRofty
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sidearms could really do with a sound boost. Sounds so muffled, except for the Revolver.
  • Head3masher
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Sidearms could really do with a sound boost. Sounds so muffled, except for the Revolver.

True, colt 45 sound in the last game was perfect. Now it sounds muffled.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Particularly the pistols sound like they pack no punch and also SMGs such as the Mp28 in terms of audio, they sound like airsoft.

Yeah, same with the semi-autos. A lot of them sound like they have suppressor on or something; only the G43 and M1A1 sound great.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    I don't agree they sound like airsoft. I think they sound more realistic than cinematic.

However I do agree that some gun sounds have no difference between then. All the slrs pretty much sound the same . the same goes for smgs more or less. They didn't do a good job of unique gun sounds

Post edited by Pelliy on
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Yeah, same with the semi-autos. A lot of them sound like they have suppressor on or something; only the G43 and M1A1 sound great.

I'd throw the Agm 42 in there. That gun sounds like it has some kick.

• Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the smgs sounds like airsoft guns
  • ProAssassin2003
    3320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The whole game sounds wimpy.
  • Head3masher
    Colt 45 and Steyr Hammer sound much worse than Bf1, can we just have the old sounds back please?
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

The great thing about bf1 is that gun sounds were discernable so I can tell which gun was what and challenge the gun accordingly.

This game I cannot tell I think "okay it's a slr, a g45 I'll wait til he empties it out then challenge" then notice it's a g1-5 and he has more in the clip.

Depending on certain distances you can't even hear the slr. You just hear the thump thump as it hits your body.

Bad audio.
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know bf1 they physically recorded the guns fired. I think they did here too, but this game has suffered from sound issues
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've gotten rank 10 with nearly every weapon aside from a few lmgs and two shotguns, and the rounds between each gun sound very different to me. Comparing, say, the G43 and the M1a1 carbine is a blatant difference. The MG42 also has a very destinct, apparent sound. The Mp40 is unique as well, I got 800+ kills with that so when I used the other smgs to get to rank 10 it was super noticeable.

Then again, I'm an audiophile and love the sound design of games, so one of my favorite things is listening to all the firearm sounds. I would imagine to average players using speakers or cheaper headsets who are not really paying attention would generally just hear the sound of gunfire regardless.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I haven't taken issue with the weapon sounds in BF5. Although they do sound a bit less distinct than BF1 i still find them pretty easy to tell which ones which while still having a decent amount of authenticity to the real thing as far i can tell. Honestly, if every gun fire sfx was played back to back i have a strong feeling I could know a large chunk of them.

However most of the guns dont sound as powerful as BF1 :/ I still have few complaints though
  • Solidegg
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a shame the M1897 Shotgun Doesn't sound like it did medal of honor frontline Skip to 1:43

• Pelliy
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I've gotten rank 10 with nearly every weapon aside from a few lmgs and two shotguns, and the rounds between each gun sound very different to me. Comparing, say, the G43 and the M1a1 carbine is a blatant difference. The MG42 also has a very destinct, apparent sound. The Mp40 is unique as well, I got 800+ kills with that so when I used the other smgs to get to rank 10 it was super noticeable.

Then again, I'm an audiophile and love the sound design of games, so one of my favorite things is listening to all the firearm sounds. I would imagine to average players using speakers or cheaper headsets who are not really paying attention would generally just hear the sound of gunfire regardless.

I agree with you with all those weapons they are distinct but I can't tell a difference between a mp34 and an mp28 or a Tommy gun and mp34.

That's what I'm talking about.

From distances sometimes slrs are mute. You just great the thump thump as it hits you.
  • Head3masher
    Solidegg wrote: »
    It's a shame the M1897 Shotgun Doesn't sound like it did medal of honor frontline Skip to 1:43

The colt 45 has a nice bark to it.
  • Head3masher
    The EMP is quite a good sound, the new ZK SMG is horrible, sounds like an airgun.