Where is the magic of battlefield 2-3-4 gone to...

2»

Comments

• rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Milked dry.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Blame it on Frostbite 3. That's the common denominator between SWBF 1&2, BF1 and BFV. Small maps, crappy lighting, animations, getting stuck on everything, seemingly laggier and less responsive,...

This could definitely be one of the reasons, it's not a coincidence how different BF3 maps (Caspian Border, Oman, etc.) felt in BF4 with Frostbite 3. They just weren't the same, movement and animations really felt a lot heavier and less responsive, and that's something we've had ever since.

They just don't seem to be able to optimize the games for Frostbite 3, or the game engine itself has some serious flaws in it. Or they just keep pushing it too far.

don't think BF4 was Frostbite 3. It started with SWBF. Unless I meant to say Frostbite 4. But anyways whatever engine SWBF, BF1,SWBF2 and BFV use.

BF4 was the first game developed with Frostbite 3. And every Battlefield and SWBF ever since. There is no Frostbite 4 yet.
    Anthem will also run on Frostbite 3. And many other EA titles, including FIFA, Madden etc.
  • trip1ex
    5227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Blame it on Frostbite 3. That's the common denominator between SWBF 1&2, BF1 and BFV. Small maps, crappy lighting, animations, getting stuck on everything, seemingly laggier and less responsive,...

This could definitely be one of the reasons, it's not a coincidence how different BF3 maps (Caspian Border, Oman, etc.) felt in BF4 with Frostbite 3. They just weren't the same, movement and animations really felt a lot heavier and less responsive, and that's something we've had ever since.

They just don't seem to be able to optimize the games for Frostbite 3, or the game engine itself has some serious flaws in it. Or they just keep pushing it too far.

don't think BF4 was Frostbite 3. It started with SWBF. Unless I meant to say Frostbite 4. But anyways whatever engine SWBF, BF1,SWBF2 and BFV use.

BF4 was the first game developed with Frostbite 3. And every Battlefield and SWBF ever since. There is no Frostbite 4 yet.
    Anthem will also run on Frostbite 3. And many other EA titles, including FIFA, Madden etc.

hhhmm not sure why I thought that. Maybe it's some upgrade they did to the engine. Maybe it's just the small arena maps and lack of vehicles and crappy lighting and boatload of animations and complete consolization. Seemed like a different feel than BF4 and I chalked it all up to the engine.

• Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just watched Jackfrags playing BF3 on ultra settings, it looked just fantastic. The movement was so crisp and light so responsive, God I miss that game. I would pay 70€ ASAP for BF3.1 remaster.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just watched Jackfrags playing BF3 on ultra settings, it looked just fantastic. The movement was so crisp and light so responsive, God I miss that game. I would pay 70€ ASAP for BF3.1 remaster.

Same here. Bandar Desert, Caspian Border, Golf of Oman, Firestorm, Hell even Seine Crossing....
  • SirBobdk
    5317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Same here. Bandar Desert, Caspian Border, Golf of Oman, Firestorm, Hell even Seine Crossing....
    Giants of Karelia, Road to Jalalabad, Mashtuur City, Dawnbreaker.
    There have been so many good maps and then we get this garbage. How hard can it be to learn from the past.

• GrizzGolf
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I would take a BF3 remake.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably a combination of overdesign / influencers design and an appeal to a different audience.

Failed design changes, including changing vehicles to a spawn based system and a reduction of explosives. Map issues, including imability to properly isolate and obscure portions of the map. Vehicle balance is horrendous and no longer fun. Bring back disabled tanks that burn to death. Bring back repairs outside the tank only. Bring back verticality. Bring back tanks that spawn on flags. Bring back attachment systems. Bring back fun.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nutcrackr wrote: »
    Probably a combination of overdesign / influencers design and an appeal to a different audience.

Failed design changes, including changing vehicles to a spawn based system and a reduction of explosives. Map issues, including imability to properly isolate and obscure portions of the map. Vehicle balance is horrendous and no longer fun. Bring back disabled tanks that burn to death. Bring back repairs outside the tank only. Bring back verticality. Bring back tanks that spawn on flags. Bring back attachment systems. Bring back fun.

this man here gets it.
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Whining happened.