Recon is the most useless class in BFV . We need a new one shot/one kill weapon to be useful again.

amkingchar
68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So let me start by saying that recently I bought the game reason why Ι didn't bought it when it came out?

1) EA and DICE are really bad right now and the originality of battlefield is lost since BF1 came out everyone was excited but sadly it was like a Battlefront with the skin of battlefield WW1 game.

2) I felt that Battlefield is starting to look more like COD. Which I don't like it. I mean Cod was fine but after a while with all that sci-fi things coming up and 9 times out of 10 your game was full of kids you getting tired of it.

Now to the main point here I understand that in Multiplayer every class has its own rule

Assault its strong with auto and semi auto weapons and can destroy enemy tanks
Medic can heal teammates and deal a lot of damage
Support has the machine guns which can do a lot of damage and resupply teammates

And what about the recon? Can spot enemies and deal 60% damage ? only that ? Whats the point of it?
I know if you hit head shots is one shot one kill but if you hit the enemy in any lower position you just get the 60% damage.

I think the main rule of a sniper even in real life is to one shot one kill this is how it would be useful in the game ! Am okay with all the spotting thing but shooting everyone and getting only 60% damage that's just useless . And whats the point of the semi auto sniper rifles? I could switch to assault and deal even more damage why add the semi auto sniper rifles even in the game? I really hope sooner in an update to get a new weapon bold action or at least not a semi auto that actually deals one shot one kill that's the use of the recon that's the strong point of it and we don't even have it in the game.
Reasons why? Some say because EA wanted to bring more COD fans to play the game. So the idea of that is to destroy the originality of the game to bring more kids in it ?

Comments

• qbSIMONdp
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You don’t play the class to it’s strength. The spotting scope is the most powerful gadget in the game and SLRs like the 1906 just recks people at medium and long range.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You’ve got plenty of one hit kill weapons. You just have to hit your target in the head.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    You’ve got plenty of one hit kill weapons. You just have to hit your target in the head.

While dancing round like you're at a crack disco because you just looked down sight which means everything from the map before and the next map will be spraying everything they got at your mobile sun emulator.
  • WORKSOP
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aim for the head, its not hardcore BF 4 where a foot shot is one shot kill
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon rifles were pretty trash in the beta, in that headshots weren't 1 hit kills, even with bolt-action rifles, but now they seem fine. There's too much vertical recoil on weapons with their bi-pod deployed, and suppression and soaking up hits are what's broken right now. I can see a glint, send about 20-30 rounds that recon's way, (burst-fire with a handful of headshots mixed in) and still get instagibbed with laser precision.
  • JEWELTHIIF
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medium range sniping should do one hit kill to the upperbody. :P
  • amkingchar
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well the sad part is that a lot of weapons are able to headshot someone. but there also able to body shot them. Then why make it even harder for snipers to be able to only headshot to get the kill ?(except if the person you are shooting has lower health)

That's just pointless sniper supposed to 1 shot 1 kill. So in that case currently the other classes due to the fact that they are using mostly auto have a huge advantage even on long range.

You could get an assault or medic or support weapon put a scope on it and have an auto/sniper weapon that actually might works better than any sniper rifle in game !

And in medium range it doesn't really works even if you hit someone on the chest if they have a full health you still get 60% or maybe 54% depends of the weapons damage

I feel like we need to have at least 1 or 2 weapons in the future that are actually able to do a one shot one kill, or at least give more chances to the recon class to be able to kill someone even if you hit them on the chest.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel we need less one shot kill weapons.
  • Stunl3y
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper class is perfect as it is, the way it was in BF1 ruined the game with every tom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and Harry using the one shot point cluck kill guns not ptfo ing. At least now you need a ti y degree of skill to use the class this shows in the games I've seen so far with players who learn how to play the class doing well and others not.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The hitboxes is so forgiving that if you hit someone in the neck upper chest, it registers as a headshot.

I remember I saw a guy I thought he was playing fishy. This was in the beta and he happened to have ttv in his name. I replayed the moment shot me. It was exactly what I said.

Dice touted that they made the hitboxes bigger so you should be able to kill your targets. I wish the head hit boxes were smaller. I think it's BS that they are bigger.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really only play Sniper for access to the spawn beacon and to do some spotting on certain maps. If I get any kills it's a bonus I'm a rubbish sniper in truth but I like the gadgets.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You forgot BFV iant a tactical game.
    It just spraying with lmg,s or smg’s..no matter the range.
  • SeismoMarine
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Sad but true
  • Nijikox3
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019

Sad but true
    kind of its funny how rifles need no range thingy ..

but still its not that hard to kill via headshot and a bolt rifle asking for a body shot kill sniper is stupid ...
  • SeismoMarine
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it is hard to see the snipers that try to camp all time at the borders of the map being the most useless teammates ever.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nijikox3 wrote: »

Sad but true
    kind of its funny how rifles need no range thingy ..

but still its not that hard to kill via headshot and a bolt rifle asking for a body shot kill sniper is stupid ...

A faster switch to your sidearm would be much appreciated.
    Now if you mis the headshot, your dead due to the insane ttk.
  • Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    its not that hard to shoot HS over 500m its a challenging but just Aim and do your thing if you cant shoot that good go for another class recon is an skill class they say but its way easy then comperd to medic and support whit an mg whit buggy bipod. lern your rifle and just shoot. one hit kills are not needed and shold never be in this game. i die enuff from recons camping in the hills and so called agressive snipers. i play on pc and in close to 46 years old and whit hands that are broken from construction work i can still shoot ppl in the head and do my thing as recon. 2 bold action rifles in full gold and all mgs and 2 assult guns the rifles wher easy comperd to mgs. btw my internet sucks as well. so try hard or do some thing that you have talant for
  • produc3
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Just seeing if ALL my posts are being monitored?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it's just that particular thread.
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @op sorry but the problem isnt lack of OHK weapons for recon. Its your aim that is the problem.
    HS should be a requirement to OHK people when using a rifle that can OHK on every range.
    If you cant OHK then choose any drm that two shots with body hits and stil OHK when doing HS.

• bigdaddygonutz
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP:

No - The sniper class is great as it is