Tanks need to be treated very carefully with either nerfs or buffs.

Comments

  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Feney_exe wrote: »
    Yep it’s totally fine that tanks are forced to camp in order to not get instantly nuked by the 20 or so assaults per team that is common in assaultfield V. It’s totally fine that first person aiming has horrible input lag, rifle grenades have more splash damage then the tigers 88mm gun, panzerfaust / Piat still does more damage then all tank shells in the game, terrible turret elevation and depression, tank vs tank gameplay is a boring slug fest and tank TTK vs other tanks is needs to be cut drastically for all tanks and transport (4-5 hits from an 88mm turret to kill a half track!?). Why would any half decent player waste their time with these tanks? It’s no surprise that literally 0 of the ex competitive bf3/4 tankers play bfv because the skill ceiling is super low and **** mechanics like forced first person input lag make it impossible to be accurate..

    I don't get all the cry though. I do absolutely great in tanks all the time. People aren't playing the game because it is half-finished. Nobody cares you little babes can't go 40-0 in a tank anymore without busting a sweat.

    I swear you can see right through the people that just want to buff these tanks so infantry can barely touch them. As soon as you do that you will have tanks going 40-0 literally the hour of the patch.

    I go 10-0 in just about every tank I take out if my team is half-decent. I don't really think it needs to be more than that.

    I also have pretty good splash damage on both of the midrange tanks. I get plenty of kills or at least hurt them enough they killed in a different way.

    I do not wish to be rude, but a omebody who thinks 10-0 is “absolutely great in tanks” really isn’t going to be taken seriously by anybody.

    I go at 40-0 most rounds in tanks, map permitting. The point is that in order to achieve this, you have to play in an incredibly anti-social playing style which frustrates infantry and tankers alike.

    Tanks are powerful when farming infantry from a distance in a brain dead manner, yet they are incredibly weak and vulnerable in objective gameplay, meaning they seldom successfully PTFO, even with sufficient infantry support, for multiple reasons. The risk is rarely worth the reward even for the most experienced tankers.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Feney_exe wrote: »
    Yep it’s totally fine that tanks are forced to camp in order to not get instantly nuked by the 20 or so assaults per team that is common in assaultfield V. It’s totally fine that first person aiming has horrible input lag, rifle grenades have more splash damage then the tigers 88mm gun, panzerfaust / Piat still does more damage then all tank shells in the game, terrible turret elevation and depression, tank vs tank gameplay is a boring slug fest and tank TTK vs other tanks is needs to be cut drastically for all tanks and transport (4-5 hits from an 88mm turret to kill a half track!?). Why would any half decent player waste their time with these tanks? It’s no surprise that literally 0 of the ex competitive bf3/4 tankers play bfv because the skill ceiling is super low and **** mechanics like forced first person input lag make it impossible to be accurate..

    I don't get all the cry though. I do absolutely great in tanks all the time. People aren't playing the game because it is half-finished. Nobody cares you little babes can't go 40-0 in a tank anymore without busting a sweat.

    I swear you can see right through the people that just want to buff these tanks so infantry can barely touch them. As soon as you do that you will have tanks going 40-0 literally the hour of the patch.

    I go 10-0 in just about every tank I take out if my team is half-decent. I don't really think it needs to be more than that.

    I also have pretty good splash damage on both of the midrange tanks. I get plenty of kills or at least hurt them enough they killed in a different way.

    If you get in a tank just to get 10 kills, you should have stayed on foot. The problem with tanks is that they can't push objectives, they are only good for farming infantry kills on top of a hill somewhere. They aren't even especially good at handling other tanks.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well the Panzerfaust is getting nerfed in the patch
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    narnold700 wrote: »
    Don't worry tankers your day will come and soon. Here in a few days once the new patch drops you'll see a lot of assault players switching classes to play the new Rambo medic class. This combined with the buff tanks are getting means we will become almost unstoppable just like the Rambo medics. We will just have to keep camping those resupply stations so we don't run out of ammo trying to bring down all the self healing Rambo medics.

    I think all of you guys are just confused as to what diligent, careful balancing can do.

    With a few tiny buffs the medics will be a better class. They just need to be tiny buffs. Same thing with any tanks. Tiny buffs where you can almost not spot the differences.

    Well the last thing Dice buffed was AA and we can see how that worked out. I have a bad feeling the buff won't be so tiny, and some of the problems this would cause will be further compounded by other buffs/nerfs taking place in the same patch. I mean you have tanks supposedly getting buffed (when I think minor tweaks are needed and upgrades that need fixing), fust getting further nerfs, and medics getting buffed. Even if the buff to tanks is small when you combine it with an AT weapon nerf and the fact more people will start playing medic vs assault the effects of the buff to tanks will be amplified. It could literally be like a replay of the plane nerf/ aa buff.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I get out of this thread is that the op will cry about anything, and I mean anything. I.e. these so called tank changes haven’t happened....soooooo

    The second thing I got from this thread is that the op doesn’t use the Tiger ;)
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    What I get out of this thread is that the op will cry about anything, and I mean anything. I.e. these so called tank changes haven’t happened....soooooo

    The second thing I got from this thread is that the op doesn’t use the Tiger ;)

    Yeah, I am not the one crying here though. Kind of hurts the logic in your post.

    Specifically, the people crying are logically the people that want tank buffs. We have seen this in many threads. This thread is just a response to Dice really in hopes they don't mess around with all of this stuff constantly and overbuff things.

    The only thing I cry about in this game is the lack of polish and the horrible team balance. I am having more fun playing COD WW2.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Feney_exe wrote: »
    Yep it’s totally fine that tanks are forced to camp in order to not get instantly nuked by the 20 or so assaults per team that is common in assaultfield V. It’s totally fine that first person aiming has horrible input lag, rifle grenades have more splash damage then the tigers 88mm gun, panzerfaust / Piat still does more damage then all tank shells in the game, terrible turret elevation and depression, tank vs tank gameplay is a boring slug fest and tank TTK vs other tanks is needs to be cut drastically for all tanks and transport (4-5 hits from an 88mm turret to kill a half track!?). Why would any half decent player waste their time with these tanks? It’s no surprise that literally 0 of the ex competitive bf3/4 tankers play bfv because the skill ceiling is super low and **** mechanics like forced first person input lag make it impossible to be accurate..

    I don't get all the cry though. I do absolutely great in tanks all the time. People aren't playing the game because it is half-finished. Nobody cares you little babes can't go 40-0 in a tank anymore without busting a sweat.

    I swear you can see right through the people that just want to buff these tanks so infantry can barely touch them. As soon as you do that you will have tanks going 40-0 literally the hour of the patch.

    I go 10-0 in just about every tank I take out if my team is half-decent. I don't really think it needs to be more than that.

    I also have pretty good splash damage on both of the midrange tanks. I get plenty of kills or at least hurt them enough they killed in a different way.

    I do not wish to be rude, but a omebody who thinks 10-0 is “absolutely great in tanks” really isn’t going to be taken seriously by anybody.

    I go at 40-0 most rounds in tanks, map permitting. The point is that in order to achieve this, you have to play in an incredibly anti-social playing style which frustrates infantry and tankers alike.

    Tanks are powerful when farming infantry from a distance in a brain dead manner, yet they are incredibly weak and vulnerable in objective gameplay, meaning they seldom successfully PTFO, even with sufficient infantry support, for multiple reasons. The risk is rarely worth the reward even for the most experienced tankers.

    40-0 is basically almost nobody doing that on a regular basis in any Conquest matches at least not balanced ones. 10-0 is just a routine out in Conquest. I don't camp with vehicles for the most part. I don't bother to get mega kill streaks because I am not worried about it.

    A 10 KDR is great. It's well above average, and for a vehicle to just award someone 10 kills without deaths is a huge thing for a game's balance. And a lot of people that try can do that.

    So you want tanks buffed, you go 40-0 all the time... so at what point exactly do you feel your invulnerable tank should not be buffed anymore? When you can go 80-0? You obviously don't go 40-0 most rounds because your KDR is only 7. Of course if someone camps in a tank all day far away from harm they can rack up some impressive numbers. But again any buffs are only going to make them better. Yet we seem to be signalling that tanks are not good enough here, even though you claim to go 40-0. So you want buffs. This is the logical conclusion we have made.

    You say someone that thinks 10-0 is great should not be taken seriously, but you don't seem to understand what you are even pointing out. We should take you seriously because you have a better KDR and camp a lot? I don't even understand what that has to do with anything. Are you trying to say that this thread, asking Dice to be easy on the nerfs and buffs, is wrong somehow and should not be taken seriously? Because that doesn't make any sense either.

    This game right now is hot crap. And tanks are pretty far down the list of problems to be quite honest. But when they do address them they should indeed be very careful lest they drive away their infantry players.

    Also, you have a LOT of time in this game. Obviously, you have a lot more experience. But the thread still stands as is. This game isn't even going to survive properly unless they can lure players back in. Any overbuffing with the a lack of immediate patch fixes will just drive people away on any of the weapons.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want to go 40-0 each match. Though I can go multiple rounds now without a death getting anything from 15-50 kills in CQ. I'd go back to tanking going 15-1 back in games like BF3 because it was (fun) and a tank could do so much more.

    (It's easier to go 40-0 in this game than any other), all decent tankers can do this, and on certain game modes way higher.

    The problem I have, is that I'm forced to play one way only. Cautious/camping and only really help with a flag if my team pretty much have it anyway. Anything outside this and your really leaving yourself at the mercy of the enemy. This gets old fast.

    Follow the herd, stay within your infantry line, play like a *****. Oh look, another boring 40-0 match with a load of abuse from the enemy infantry all hot and bothered they could not get to me while my infantry practically won the round for me. 25 minutes of shooting headless chicken running from A-B spawning off each other, or the occasional exchange of tanks blows. Slice the head off some sniper, or assault who wants to play peekaboo, work away at a transport vehicle that take forever to destroy. ZzZzZz

    Oh look, now I'm on a rubbish team, back in other BF games, I could get out there and take a flag off a remote location and help my side shake it up a bit. Now in BFV, your stuck between your homebase depot and, well, just outside it if your infantry can't PTFO. You can't, because you are super vulnerable now with all the disables, how infantry spawn and revive. How your so easily spotted but most times struggle to see the real threat. You struggle to take out infantry in cover, because the splash dam on main tank rounds is so weak. Tanks are either too slow, or to weak in armour. Assault can fire AT rounds at you like ninja shurikens. Even the whole repair from within is useless on most tanks unless you have the fast fix perk, because anything hits you and you lose your progress. Once your tracks are gone, your pretty much done. Map design is against tanks pushing out too on most.

    Your basically paralysed in this game but excel at camping/farming kills at distance, off players that had no clue until it's too late. Then you run off from the zerg rush and camp elsewhere. Rinse and repeat. Tanking in other BF games was so much more than this.

    They destroyed the tank secondary position in Bf1/BFV, it used to be fantastic fun and a real asset to the tank.

    For great tank v tank fights, they got the formula more right the games like Bf3. The things they put in now over Bf1 and this have really worsened the whole tanking experience. infantry could still solo tanks in games like BF3. I'm not looking for high killstreaks, I'm looking for high fun factor.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Right now if you want to cap flags in a tank without infantry support you are best served to only attempt it in the light tanks with the 20mm and using external view is mandatory. If things start to go south you can usually get away in the light tank whereas with the other tanks you're usually screwed if things go south as you move to slow to get away. I'll also add I think part of the reason some people think the tanks are so broken is they go to use them for the first time, and without the upgrades, lets be honest, tanks are broken.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I don't want to go 40-0 each match. Though I can go multiple rounds now without a death getting anything from 15-50 kills in CQ. I'd go back to tanking going 15-1 back in games like BF3 because it was (fun) and a tank could do so much more.

    (It's easier to go 40-0 in this game than any other), all decent tankers can do this, and on certain game modes way higher.

    The problem I have, is that I'm forced to play one way only. Cautious/camping and only really help with a flag if my team pretty much have it anyway. Anything outside this and your really leaving yourself at the mercy of the enemy. This gets old fast.

    Follow the herd, stay within your infantry line, play like a *****. Oh look, another boring 40-0 match with a load of abuse from the enemy infantry all hot and bothered they could not get to me while my infantry practically won the round for me. 25 minutes of shooting headless chicken running from A-B spawning off each other, or the occasional exchange of tanks blows. Slice the head off some sniper, or assault who wants to play peekaboo, work away at a transport vehicle that take forever to destroy. ZzZzZz

    Oh look, now I'm on a rubbish team, back in other BF games, I could get out there and take a flag off a remote location and help my side shake it up a bit. Now in BFV, your stuck between your homebase depot and, well, just outside it if your infantry can't PTFO. You can't, because you are super vulnerable now with all the disables, how infantry spawn and revive. How your so easily spotted but most times struggle to see the real threat. You struggle to take out infantry in cover, because the splash dam on main tank rounds is so weak. Tanks are either too slow, or to weak in armour. Assault can fire AT rounds at you like ninja shurikens. Even the whole repair from within is useless on most tanks unless you have the fast fix perk, because anything hits you and you lose your progress. Once your tracks are gone, your pretty much done. Map design is against tanks pushing out too on most.

    Your basically paralysed in this game but excel at camping/farming kills at distance, off players that had no clue until it's too late. Then you run off from the zerg rush and camp elsewhere. Rinse and repeat. Tanking in other BF games was so much more than this.

    They destroyed the tank secondary position in Bf1/BFV, it used to be fantastic fun and a real asset to the tank.

    For great tank v tank fights, they got the formula more right the games like Bf3. The things they put in now over Bf1 and this have really worsened the whole tanking experience. infantry could still solo tanks in games like BF3. I'm not looking for high killstreaks, I'm looking for high fun factor.

    And this is how people abuse tanks of course. I don't because honestly I cannot sit back and camp all game. I refuse to do it because it is not fun to me. I like to get up and on the frontlines if blocked from enemy sight obviously.


    The new changes are out in the patch notes. They are not that significant, but it should make a difference here and there.

    I think Dice wants more testing done, and they wisely decided to go crazy on tanks because people have been screaming for it.

    The fact is people are admitting going 40-0 is doable and even easily achievable. Well that means you have to be very very careful with buffs, or tanks will just become invulnerable KDR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They already are, so people complaining a tank is bad or underperforming while going 40-0 just makes people look ridiculous.

    They slightly nerfed Assaults too, so we'll see where this goes from here.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, it's up to you tankers to change your behavior, but I doubt you will. If you are camping going 60-0 in matches now what is going to stop you doing it after the patch? A camper is usually always a camper. I don't camp. I get my tank up in the front lines and try to help. This will probably help me. But a camper that doesn't want to die isn't suddenly going to start moving on the middle base lol. He's just gonna camp and max his KDR.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they removed disables completely, (or saved that for really hard hitting stuff like tiger rounds, mines etc, not assault AT weapons), and gave some protection to the top gunner position, I think a lot more tanks would start to PTFO. Be nice if we could pick what tank perks we want rather than a path too.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    If they removed disables completely, (or saved that for really hard hitting stuff like tiger rounds, mines etc, not assault AT weapons), and gave some protection to the top gunner position, I think a lot more tanks would start to PTFO. Be nice if we could pick what tank perks we want rather than a path too.

    developers lost there ability to make tanks fun with bf1 and I fear the glory days of bf3-4 are gone forever.
    wish they could get back to bf3 style tanking where a skilled driver could still help the team but still had many dangers and a none skilled guy still struggled helping the team.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    If they removed disables completely, (or saved that for really hard hitting stuff like tiger rounds, mines etc, not assault AT weapons), and gave some protection to the top gunner position, I think a lot more tanks would start to PTFO. Be nice if we could pick what tank perks we want rather than a path too.

    developers lost there ability to make tanks fun with bf1 and I fear the glory days of bf3-4 are gone forever.
    wish they could get back to bf3 style tanking where a skilled driver could still help the team but still had many dangers and a none skilled guy still struggled helping the team.

    A skilled driver could very much help the team in BF1 not sure where you were but the larger tanks were great at holding down the fort, and the supply tank in BF1 was one of the best tanks out there.
  • MarxistDictator
    5072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I miss flying across the planet in reverse gunning down angry engineer players and blowing up C4 jeeps (there were so many C4 laden transports). BF4 tanks were the right mix of squishy to kill (if the user is bad) but good enough mechanics that a skilled player can still do well.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I miss flying across the planet in reverse gunning down angry engineer players and blowing up C4 jeeps (there were so many C4 laden transports). BF4 tanks were the right mix of squishy to kill (if the user is bad) but good enough mechanics that a skilled player can still do well.

    bf4 tanks were way to powerful in the right hands imo I could go days without dying in bf4 lol
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    If they removed disables completely, (or saved that for really hard hitting stuff like tiger rounds, mines etc, not assault AT weapons), and gave some protection to the top gunner position, I think a lot more tanks would start to PTFO. Be nice if we could pick what tank perks we want rather than a path too.

    developers lost there ability to make tanks fun with bf1 and I fear the glory days of bf3-4 are gone forever.
    wish they could get back to bf3 style tanking where a skilled driver could still help the team but still had many dangers and a none skilled guy still struggled helping the team.

    A skilled driver could very much help the team in BF1 not sure where you were but the larger tanks were great at holding down the fort, and the supply tank in BF1 was one of the best tanks out there.

    I ran lights only and yes they could help out however they were boring as hell where as other bf games they were none stop action machines lol who likes driving around slower than infi
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I think it's pretty bang on since the last main patch as well. The only thing that annoys me is the amount of ricochets I get using the Panzerfaust. I get that this would happen every now and again, but it feels like it far too common. Realistically, (which always seems to be the aim in this game) if I was a betting man I wouldn't put the odds on it to happen as much as it does.
  • MarxistDictator
    5072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's pretty bang on since the last main patch as well. The only thing that annoys me is the amount of rocochets I get using the Panzerfaust. I get that this would happen every now and again, but it feels like it far too common. Realistically, (which always seems to be the aim in this game) if I was a betting man I wouldn't put the odds on it to happen as much as it does.

    Yea but in real life misfires and duds are a thing (especially since the Germans were sabotaged so often by their forced laborers).
  • macktiz45
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Also, it's up to you tankers to change your behavior, but I doubt you will. If you are camping going 60-0 in matches now what is going to stop you doing it after the patch? A camper is usually always a camper. I don't camp. I get my tank up in the front lines and try to help. This will probably help me. But a camper that doesn't want to die isn't suddenly going to start moving on the middle base lol. He's just gonna camp and max his KDR.

    By your logic, every battlefield game prior to this should have been littered with campers, there should have been RV plug-ins and a regular garbage disposal service. There were tanks with UNLIMITED driver ammo, more effective 360 degree top gunner positions who were COMPLETELY PROTECTED inside the tank, reactive armor upgrades, very limited (or absent) forms of systemic damage), high mobility, laser guided tank rounds, targeting lasers for commander position, thermal vision, etc.

    Yet, I’m sure I’ve seen MORE tank camping in BFV.

    Two things are different now-
    1- Most the maps are garbage for vehicles (including planes), and would encourage camping even without the excess of assaults and panzerfausts, because they are so cramped and often have very limited routes for vehicles. Here’s to hoping the upcoming patch at least alleviates the abundance of assaults and effective panzerfaust.

    2- tanks are so much wimpier that people don’t want to even try to take the flag much of the time- which results in campier, cautious play style and higher k/d, even though they are actually accomplishing far less than they did in previous games when they would push hard. You say “change your behavior” but do you honestly expect someone to just roll their tank into certain destruction out of some weird idea of ‘fairness’?

    I’m not saying there weren’t still some professional tank campers in previous BF games, some of which racked up craz k/d’s but I am saying that between good maps designed with vehicles in mind (mainly without the ridiculously small map borders, huge spawn safe zone, short distances between flags), and tanks that felt, well, more like ‘tanks’ and not slow tin cans with guns, I personally saw less tank camping going on. It was more often- camp for a minute until you think you killed them, then roll up quick and cap.
Sign In or Register to comment.