Mouse & Keyboard support?

124»

Comments

• full951
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    UglyNoah wrote: »
    V99999 wrote: »
    alexb18 wrote: »
    Please for the love of god, enable Mouse support for BFV. I spent the former years of battlefield on PC and had to switch to console for financial reasons. I sincerely believe that MK should be enabled and I know that many in the community (xbox) are excited to start playing games with higher precision as well.

I would say an overwhelming amount of console users don't want m&kb on consoles if they are going to mix the servers. If it's a separate lobby that's fine with most people but I don't want to be going up against it in my lobbies.

Especially with battlefield being a casual game... m&k is going to destroy the experience for many casual players

I think "casual" means something different to us all. imo I would think a casual would either not care or be fine with it.
  • ICECOLDJB
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    want mouse and keyboard go play pc, that simple.
  • full951
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ICECOLDJB wrote: »

is that the only place mouse and keyboard is available? no? k
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No not at all, why should I have to spend £1000 on a decent pc because I ha e difficulties with my hands?
  • ICECOLDJB
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No not at all, why should I have to spend £1000 on a decent pc because I ha e difficulties with my hands?

Im sure a few more bucks won't hurt ya if you can afford a xbox, mouse and keyboard.
  • full951

Im sure a few more bucks won't hurt ya if you can afford a xbox, mouse and keyboard.

just so everyone is on the same page. you are not required to use the branded Microsoft/razer set up. just about any mouse and keyboard will work on Xbox one. you can buy and awesome mouse like the Logitech G502 that you should not be paying more than 50 usd for brand new. 10 dollar QCK mouse pad (one of the most popular mouse pads used by all gamers and pros) and basic keyboard that would likely be free from an older system or many "gaming" to regular keyboards that are well under 40 bucks.

250$ USD is not the price to entry
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But why should I, my friends are all on xbox, I left pc due having to upgrade it constantly, and then don't get me started with people using aimbots.

My mouse g502 £60 keyboard just big standard one £10 mouse pad was £20
    So £80 plus cost of xbox that I already have.
    So you think that people with disabilities shouldn't be allowed to use divices that are comfortable for them, because of the pain I get I'm still slower than most people.
  • ackers75
    2206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But why should I, my friends are all on xbox, I left pc due having to upgrade it constantly, and then don't get me started with people using aimbots.

So you think that people with disabilities shouldn't be allowed to use divices that are comfortable for them, because of the pain I get I'm still slower than most people.

I believe the Xbox has a controller for people with disabilities
  • asittingduck
    ackers75 wrote: »

Not for all disabilities, and have you seen it? It is rubbish
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That’s harsh. It was designed in conjunction with people with disabilities and was lauded by groups working in the field. You may not like it or find it useful for yourself but calling it **** speaks volumes about yourself
  • asittingduck
    edited January 14

That’s harsh. It was designed in conjunction with people with disabilities and was lauded by groups working in the field. You may not like it or find it useful for yourself but calling it **** speaks volumes about yourself

OK yes a little harsh I should have said its not designed for all types of games.

Do you have a disability? If not then you have no idea. M&kd is not instant God mode especially for people that already have dexterity issues, the controller for disabled people is fantastic for certain uses but it's not for competitive fps games.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Do you have a disability? If not then you have no idea. M&kd is not instant God mode especially for people that already have dexterity issues, the controller for disabled people is fantastic for certain uses but it's not for competitive fps games.

You’re the one with no idea when in you’re original post you made the sweeping statement of being rubbish without stating it depends on the disability or usage.
  • ackers75
    2206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

OK yes a little harsh I should have said its not designed for all types of games.

As a community pal I think it’s fair to say the majority of us have no issues with you using kb/m.
    I have massive issues with people hiding behind that excuse when they have nothing wrong with them at all.
    It’s pretty disgusting to be honest.

Nice to see a Yorkshire man on the forums.
  • asittingduck
    edited January 14

You’re the one with no idea when in you’re original post you made the sweeping statement of being rubbish without stating it depends on the disability or usage.

And I was man enough to admit my comment was no truly accurate, but I do have an idea as it is I that struggles using the controller, and I have no idea how long I'll still be able to use a mouse, why should I and people like me be excluded from a hobby we enjoy?
    Last I looked my k/d was 0.9, before I started to really struggle with my hands my k/d was a lot higher using my elite pad, but no one complained about the advantages of the paddles and the trigger stops.

I use equipment that is available to all its not specially modified like some controlers out there
  • asittingduck

As a community pal I think it’s fair to say the majority of us have no issues with you using kb/m.
    I have massive issues with people hiding behind that excuse when they have nothing wrong with them at all.

Thanks, and ye steel city :)
  • ackers75

Thanks, and ye steel city :)

Good old Sheffield lad.
    Worked there years ago great times!
  • alexb18
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UglyNoah wrote: »
    V99999 wrote: »
    alexb18 wrote: »
    Please for the love of god, enable Mouse support for BFV. I spent the former years of battlefield on PC and had to switch to console for financial reasons. I sincerely believe that MK should be enabled and I know that many in the community (xbox) are excited to start playing games with higher precision as well.

I would say an overwhelming amount of console users don't want m&kb on consoles if they are going to mix the servers. If it's a separate lobby that's fine with most people but I don't want to be going up against it in my lobbies.

Especially with battlefield being a casual game... m&k is going to destroy the experience for many casual players

Since when is Battlefield a casual game? what is casual about 32/32 all out warfare.. if everyone feels like MK is such an advantage.. than USE ONE my god. learned helplessness smh.
  • lsumairl
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jjju wrote: »
    The keyboard has been working in Battlefield since Battlefield 1 times. The remapping the keys UI is hidden so you have available the default PC layout.
    You can use the chat pad attachment too. There was an issue with that one in BF1 not detecting buttons reliably, but I put in a fix for the chat pad which you'll get with the next game patch.

Enabling the mouse is a different kind of worms. We had it disabled on Xbox. Only a design decision could change that.

Wouldn't it be fair to make separate lobby for mouse and keyboard trash .. because there are players who are good with a controller and wanna stick to that but playing against low skill mnk users who have an advante on a PS4 where 80%players are already using controller is just frustrating .
  • dayglowfroggy
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I like the steering wheel for racing games is better and no one complains argument.
    mnk is better for fps for most people so what's the problem.
    why is it less fair than using an elite controller.
    what in this world is fair.
    I don't think xim is cheating there are no extras like rapid fire etc.
    but there are on cronus max.