How do you build a stationary?

BaronVonGoon
7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I noticed a stationary Vickers on the Rotterdam bridge and in another round it wasn't there so I figured a support had built it that one time. I tried as support to pull my wrench in the same location but I couldn't build anything other fortifications. How do you build stationary weapons?

Comments

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Might have been a bug. As a Support you can re build a stationary weapon that's been destroyed, but not..... Just build one anywhere you please. At least that's my understanding.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Might have been a bug. As a Support you can re build a stationary weapon that's been destroyed, but not..... Just build one anywhere you please. At least that's my understanding.

To add to this, you can usually see the front plate of the Vickers (the little cover section) lying on the ground where you can build one. You can also build a couple 6 Pounders on Hamada on the E, F, and G side of the bridge
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Very strange. I saw 2 on thr Rotterdam bridge in different locations and I haven't seen them since.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very strange. I saw 2 on thr Rotterdam bridge in different locations and I haven't seen them since.

What game mode? I might be totally wrong, but they may only be useable on certain game modes.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice if support could build an MG anywhere instead of taking a primary.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

What game mode? I might be totally wrong, but they may only be useable on certain game modes.

Yeah I think this is the reason: stationary possibilities are different on some maps and gamemodes ...
  • CanonFodder23
    354 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On Panzerstorm, as Support you can also build some anti-tank guns neat D or E flag. They appear as wrecks but can be repaired.
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only two I know of are on the railway bridge. One in the middle over looking the harbour area and one at the end of the bridge. can only build them with support class
  • doctorrocktor
    1954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On rotterdam conquest you can build one on the bridge right next to e flag,and the other on the bridge looking down to flags b and d.
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited January 2019
    saxo101 wrote: »
    The only two I know of are on the railway bridge. One in the middle over looking the harbour area and one at the end of the bridge. can only build them with support class

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. These two areas exactly. This was conquest.

I went back to the same areas as support but couldn't rebuild the stationarys. The outline for the stationary doesn't appear when you're
    holding the building hammer.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You also need to have the Engineer trait equipped to build heavy stationary weapons, which could be the problem. (At least I think so)
  • MONEYPYR0
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    You also need to have the Engineer trait equipped to build heavy stationary weapons, which could be the problem. (At least I think so)

You just need to be Support. Both roles work to build them.,
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actual they are a few more about.

Sometime you need to built in sequence. So you may need to a sandbag wall first
    When holding the hammer you see a outline plate on the ground, it should switch to wrench to build.

If it has been completely destroyed you might not be able to rebuild.
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I always destroy them whenever I see any