Not happy about death cam changes

Comments

• One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you guys are aware but they made some changes to the death cam in this new update.
    Taken straight from the patch notes:

• The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when
    the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed
    them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
    • Improved the death experience with the addition of a camera that now follows and
    zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and
    the position of the killer.

I'm completely against any hand holding and that's pretty much all these changes do.
    Help the noobs.
    DICE please.

BFV has been marketed since before launch as being a more tactical and hardcore Battlefield (low ttk, no spotting).
    There's a reason people got so upset when they raised the TTK and this change to the death-cam is in that same ballpark.

Oh do shut up. Pathetic whinging.
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This makes Squad play very innefective I think.

1 All enemyes will know the location of the squad. (Because youre squad is effective!)
    2 It will we impossible to manouver as you and youre squad is highligtet now.
    3 Am I the only one seeing this?

KC is good for 1 vs 1 kill cams for noobs who dont understand why they are not immortal, but its no good for tactical gameplay.
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Deathcam has always been a Battlefield thing and it discourages camping. As it should be.

I agree on this. There are plenty of ups and downs I guess. But this point defeats all points in my mind. It also defeats my points soo amen bruh! :D
  • SirTerrible
    1695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Deathcam has always been a Battlefield thing and it discourages camping. As it should be.

I don't remember there being a killcam until the Bad Company games so I wouldn't say always. It's been in more games than not though.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So all this crying is for what ? All the cancer campers will have to lose some calories now to actually explore the map and be more tactical about their position. I ve got few things to say to yall crybabies:

1) Dont like it - dont play it
    2) Dont make stupid posts
    3) Dont cry
    4) Get good
    5) Dont camp
    6) Help your team
    7) Dont pretend that kill cam will turn you from mlg pro to plucky n00b
    8) If you re good at the game you will remain good no matter the changes
  • tsvictor
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kill cam!? NO FXXKING WAY!!
    This is not the design intent right?
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

In a game where players respawn as fast as in Battlefield, having a death-cam that shows your exact position to the person you killed and quite likely also to the rest of his squad, yes. The game is punishing you.
    I'm actually completely against death/kill cams, but I'm an old school shooter fan when they didn't have all this hand holding.

Welp that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I think in this game, A more proactive killcam rather than a random "point in the direction of where the player ROUGHLY is" kinda thing is kinda needed.

Especially when you factor in soldier visibility where soldiers blend into the surrounding areas so much so that they are literally invisible to others until it is too late ( most of those being bipoded supports laying in snow or near rocks or under rubble )

It may be fun to the guy who's laid there, But for the rest of us who push flags, It's unbalanced if we are unable to even SEE the guy.

That's what camouflage uniforms are for. Blending into the surroundings.

You can wear dark/light pink uniform and you will be able to blend in, in pretty much most of the environments, camouflage has nothing to do with poor lightning in this game.

People in dark places are supposed to be hidden. There's nothing wrong with the lighting in the game and visibility isn't really an issue.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice needs to stop pandering to these realists. Go play a sim if you want realism.

Kill cam is good. Player visibility is good.

I'm sure you also loved getting spotted on the map when getting a kill.
    Was TTK 2.0 also your favorite?
    Psh
  • t1gge
    26 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Dice needs to stop pandering to these realists. Go play a sim if you want realism.

Psh

The minimap spot was not an intended thing at all - very much a bug.
    Let's not mention the TTK.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm disappointed. I thought (from the sounds of things) that we were going to get a 'who hit us where and for what damage' system (some chap on youtube has gone into detail about such a system).

For one, it would clear up any ambiguities about how you died. Secondly, it would help identify cheats. For example, when a Lewis Gun hits you once for instagib damage, it would be obvious that someone is cheating.

At least the direction hit markers are getting fixed, but a detailed kill card would have been highly appreciated.
  • EyeAmLegend206
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new killcam is trash. Hated it then in previous games and hate it now. If it's COD style killcam then I don't mind. Now they got it right.
  • VOLBANKER
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I got $10 saying our beloved Youtube Overlords are on this.
    Soon they're gonna work their renowned cryhard magic and *poof* killcam is gone :wink:
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I got $10 saying our beloved Youtube Overlords are on this.
    Soon they're gonna work their renowned cryhard magic and *poof* killcam is gone :wink:

They've already killed the game, why not bury it at this point? So yeah, they'll cry, and a 14 billion dollar company will listen. That's why this game is in the shape it's in.
  • War_MachineXL
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    t1gge wrote: »

Psh

The minimap spot was not an intended thing at all - very much a bug.
    Let's not mention the TTK.

The spotting bug is back. Now theres a 3d spotting and map spotting when you kill someone. Noticed this when people killed me and I was watching them I could see thier class symbol and would get a spot assist if they died while watching killcam.
  • EyeAmLegend206
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is officially dead if they stick with this kill cam. Leave this trash kill cam in BF4 where it belongs, it is 2019 we don't need the same stuff why recycle?