Fps drops in jan 15 patch

DaChileanSeabass
145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Both dx11 and dx12 have framedrops and very bad performance. Did not have this issue before the patch,was just the normal freeze here and there in matches but now its pretty much unplayable. I will be updating my Nvidia drivers which are currently 416.94 to the latest to see if anything happens. If not, there are better games out there :)

Comments

• killinemFA5
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Specs of PC?
  • DaChileanSeabass
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Specs of PC?

laptop MSI gt62
    GTX1070(not maxq)
    intel i7 6700hq
    16ram(dual channel)
    1tb ssd(bf5 installed)
    256gb
  • HeadwarP
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    8700k @ 4.9 ghz, 2080Ti @ 3440x1440. The last patch, I more than exceeded the 100hz limit of my monitor in fps, Now, despite setting multiple settings on "High" rather than ultra and disabling ambient occlussion I'm only pulling 70-80 fps when looking at certain areas of a given map and experiencing hitches.

Also downloaded the 417.71 drivers today, double checked my nv control panel profile.

I'm going to check other titles with these drivers to see if I get similar results, but I'm thinking this is due to today's battlefield V patch.. and needs to be fixed.

Should state - I'm running dx11. I'm hoping DX12 will be better than what I've experienced of it so far by the time DLSS is implemented.

Please fix devs.. I was happy with performance yesterday. not today.
  • AshkaliN
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was actually telling my friends that too. I thought it's me. Literally said "about 20 frames loss" .
  • HeadwarP
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    IMO - it's the BFV update. I just tested a couple other titles, and they still work fine with the latest nvidia drivers. Dice, you guys broke something. ;)
  • Sw0rdmouse
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can confirm. Running with a 1070ti and a 4790K CPU, and my FPS tanks to around 40-50 FPS in busy areas. Roughly half of what it was yesterday.

They definitely broke something.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    didnt they edit the view-distance for foliage ?
    i m pretty sure if you now have foliage showing on fields far away and the fact that many maps
    make use of named fields, that this will be very likely the reason for the fps-loss.
  • HeadwarP
    edited January 15
    whatever the cause, the performance hit is significant and unacceptable imo. From butter smooth gameplay to whatever i was experiencing today doesn't equate to a positive feeling about today's patch.
  • Udonitron
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Staazvaind wrote: »
    i m pretty sure if you now have foliage showing on fields far away and the fact that many maps
    make use of named fields, that this will be very likely the reason for the fps-loss.

What is terrible about that (if true) is it is now like PUBG where people can turn down their settings for view distance and expose players using foliage etc for cover/stealth.
    That is utterly cheap IMO and ruins the experience and immersion of the game.
  • CSO7777
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Udonitron wrote: »
    What is terrible about that (if true) is it is now like PUBG where people can turn down their settings for view distance and expose players using foliage etc for cover/stealth.
    This has been how BFV has worked since launch. In the beginning I thought Twisted Steel was weird (got killed from weird places etc), but then I put undergrowth on low (from Ultra) and then I could suddenly see a lot more things clearly.

Playing with undergrowth on ultra is a big mistake in this game.
  • D5RAT
    1995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Staazvaind wrote: »

They edited the density of some fields so low spec PC users didn't gain an advantage
  • Udonitron
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    This has been how BFV has worked since launch. In the beginning I thought Twisted Steel was weird (got killed from weird places etc), but then I put undergrowth on low (from Ultra) and then I could suddenly see a lot more things clearly.

Playing with undergrowth on ultra is a big mistake in this game.

From what I understood they did counteract this previously in BF5.
    If they reversed it that is a definite step backwards.
  • everGreeeen
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem here as OP: perfromance decreased allot with this patch, cant hit the 144 fps anymore (always below 100 now) on my rtx 2080 ti. Gpu usage does not max out anymore which kinda explains the worse performance. Fix or revert this horrible patch, how can something impacting as this slip trough?
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I haven’t had any FPS issues in this patch I averaged 176 FPS in 1440p with all ultra except post processing set to low. This was on Rotterdam it was the only map I played since today’s patch.

[email protected] 2080ti and 32gb 4000mhz ram
    Dx12 no ffr

Definitely not saying there isn’t a problem I just haven’t had it yet but I have definitely had my fair share of stutters and high cpu usage but as of today and this patch no stutter yet.
  • everGreeeen
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    I haven’t had any FPS issues in this patch I averaged 176 FPS in 1440p with all ultra except post processing set to low. This was on Rotterdam it was the only map I played since today’s patch.

Dx12 no ffr

Definitely not saying there isn’t a problem I just haven’t had it yet but I have definitely had my fair share of stutters and high cpu usage but as of today and this patch no stutter yet.

On the new Nvidia driver? have not tried with that one yet...
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Dx12 no ffr

Yes new Nvidia driver

• HeadwarP
    Idk i just went and changed every advanced setting to low and gained no fps increases from it. Might try DDU later, but like I said previously - other titles are not experiencing negative effects from the new nvidia driver. Just BFV running screwy after today's patch.
  • everGreeeen
    edited January 15

Dx12 no ffr

Yes new Nvidia driver

still problems for me also with new driver, capping at 110 fps, gpu not on full load (about 70%) and not as hot as usual.... (below 39°C). Before patch i was ususally at the 144fps limit, having my gpu at full load always at 43°C..... same behaviour for me in the main menu btw, no 144fps there anymore too as it used to be.

edit: entertaining side note: friends msi 2080 ti x-trio just started to do these blue smiley artefacts in main menu and died, what a coincidence right?
  • ShltPlaYer
    edited January 15

Dx12 no ffr

Yes new Nvidia driver

still problems for me also with new driver, capping at 110 fps, gpu not on full load (about 70%) and not as hot as usual.... (below 39°C). Before patch i was ususally at the 144fps limit, having my gpu at full load always at 43°C..... same behaviour for me in the main menu btw, no 144fps there anymore too as it used to be.

edit: entertaining side note: friends msi 2080 ti x-trio just started to do these blue smiley artefacts in main menu and died, what a coincidence right?

I no longer cap frames I let her eat as the only reason I capped frames was to lower cpu usage but it honestly didn’t help much. The thing I noticed with a 2080ti is you lower settings it seems to make the frames worse to a certain point. I would unlock frames and see what happens and turn it up to ultra settings to see if your usage and FPS come back

My gpu runs 40 to 42 under water. I have yet to hear of a 2080ti under water fail I thinks it’s something to do with heat on the memory and without water cooling they get to hot but that’s my opinion. I sure hope mine don’t fail now lol I have had it since October and it’s a evga ultra xc
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I no longer cap frames I let her eat as the only reason I capped frames was to lower cpu usage but it honestly didn’t help much.

That will never help your minimal fps, it will help temps though. Ever ran Quake 3 at 1500 fps and checked temps?