Panzerfaust nerf is a mistake

unpronounceable
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It's unfortunate that DICE had to give in to the complaints of a minority of tank players.
Tanks were fine where they were before. They could do very well if you moved with your team and did poorly when they made stupid tactical choices or tried to be a one man army, just like every other role in the game.
I'm primarily an infantry player and terrible with a tank, but even I could easily get 10+ kills once I get in to a tank with very little that the enemy can do to stop me.
Tanks should not be an "I win" button, they should be an asset that you have to manage in order to bring an advantage to your team.
In a server of 64 players, at most there are going to be maybe 8 people in tanks.
DICE is making the game more frustrating for more than 85% of players to cater to the 10% of people who do nothing but play in tanks.
The tankers just want a return to BF1 where the anti tank options were woefully limited and people with no skill or knowledge of the game could go 50/0 in a single match, just by getting into a tank.
Battlefield is and has always been primarily a game about infantry.
Yes, there are vehicles, but it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of time you are meant to be playing as infantry.
If you really like tanks so much, there are other games that cater to you.
DICE, don't ruin Battlefield for the vast majority of your player base to cater to the small minority of tank players who don't care to improve their skills.

Comments

• qqq1942
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you still don't understand?
    Panzerfaust is air defense weapon.
  • DaMutha1
    1087 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the phrase brave and silly.
  • Paintpro_12
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s really unfortunate that people like you actually even bother with saying anything at all... let me guess you have never been in a tank before??? Being in the top 1% of tank drivers I would say I wouldn’t have such a big problem with it if assault players couldn’t hide behind a tiny rock while not receiving any type of damage at all but yeah they should actually nerf them...
  • doctorrocktor
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf more about infantry,have your brain cells gone to sleep.
  • Ploodovic
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been playing some today, and, frankly, I haven’t noticed any difference; I’ve killed several tanks, and have had my tank absolutely wrecked in no time. What I HAVE noticed, though, is that transport vehicles take more damage now. It makes sense, they were harder to destroy than some tanks.

Also, Battlefield isn’t “primarily about infantry”. Not now, not ever. That’s what makes it so unique.
  • SpeedStreaker
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF have always been about infantry vs vehicles to certain extent. Vehicles are a big deal otherwise its just COD
  • unpronounceable
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Apparently several free kills is not enough for the likes of the people on this forum.
    How many free, no skill kills do you have to get every time you click on the tank icon for you to be satisfied?
    20? 30?
    Tanks are already powerful assets that people want to get into.
    There is almost never a time when a tank is just left on the spawn screen unselected.
    Almost as soon as it is available, the tank is taken by one of the players.
    But somehow its under powered, even though it's already one of the most desired roles in the game?
    When I get killed as infantry or while in a tank, I don't whine about enemy weapons being overpowered.
    Instead I figure out what I did wrong and do better next time.
    Apparently that is beyond the ability of most tankers.
    DavTan wrote: »
    Battlefield is and has always been primarily a game about infantry.

Um

No it has not . It has always been about combined arms.

It's a combined arms game that focuses on infantry.
    Those two things are not mutually exclusive.
    If more than 85% of players spend their time doing x, that game can safely be said to be about x.
    In this case, that is infantry.
    Skyrim has crafting in it. Doesn't mean that the FOCUS of the game is crafting.
    It's really a simple concept and it's sad that you have trouble understanding it.
    Although I guess it makes sense. Your stats are pretty mediocre when you're not in a tank so you have reason to defend your position.
  • Sou1__0062
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    INCREASE SPLASH DMG FOR TANKS AND WILL BE FINE ! ITS A JOKE RIGHT NOW
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm glad they 1 shot planes again. Makes for some epic moments.

I think tanks are in a good spot other than class balance tipping towards assault causing many players in game having rockets. If the medic smg buff helps balance classes a bit more tanks will in turn get a buff.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just make the tanks more mobile and bring actual skill back to using them. It's beyond me why they made most of them so slow and horrible to maneuver and shoot with. Shooting on the move was never a problem in prior titles, now it's pathetic. Why they changed this is beyond me.
  • Masqerader
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    What nerf? Think what you mean to say is "I hate having to actually position carefully when engaging a tank now? and make my hits matter" instead of running at it head on, immune to tank shells while u fire PFs and throw dynamite or mines around it?

• Agent_Talon
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I would go even further with the nerfs and make it so you start with 1 and need to hit a station to get 2. Right now the meta forces tanks to sit on the sidelines and snipe. Sure I can go 65-1 but it's not fun, despite adding to the game by keeping an objective clear, it also isn't as helpful as being up in it.

Edit: Better idea is to leave them as is IF they buff splash dmg.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I would agree if most teams weren't chock full of Assaults, which makes being a tanker on any map other than Panzerstorm/Hamada a complete nightmare.

Maybe now you'll actually see tanks last more than a few seconds in combat areas.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would agree if most teams weren't chock full of Assaults, which makes being a tanker on any map other than Panzerstorm/Hamada a complete nightmare.

Well apparently medics are now op according to another post.
  • S_Markt
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    qqq1942 wrote: »
    you still don't understand?
    Panzerfaust is air defense weapon.

to be honest, its against deep flying pigs.
  • Masqerader
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well apparently medics are now op according to another post.

Most Battlefield players rationale

"Someone killed me with this gun, on this class its op and needs a nerf" - Since the series started