Dice, Is this a Joke?

OldSkoolzFinest
409 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm convinced Dice is trolling us at this point.
I wanted the kill cam fixed like most of the community with a more accurate and consistent location of where I was killed from.
I was expecting a consistent red outline of the player that killed me ,But instead they give us a huge in your damn face Strawberry .

Dice.....we're not all elderly people wearing Blue Blockers........

Comments

• OldSkoolzFinest
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    So, you’re now saying it’s too effective at its job? The things people find the energy to complain about…

I didn't say it doesn't work and I am part of the community who wanted it fixed, I'm just saying it's a pretty damn ugly way of implementing it.
    I was expecting it to be clean like the last Battlefield game .

Oh, and it took no energy at all, my thumb didn't break a sweat when I was typing my thread.
    How bout you? You use up any energy to reply to my post?

• xDJ_Cas
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    I would prefer if they remove it altogether.

Stupid idea right from the outset. Should have never been put into games in the first place.

Same as 3D sportting and suppressed icon stuff
  • OldSkoolzFinest

Stupid idea right from the outset. Should have never been put into games in the first place.

It's much needed information for the player that was killed and to be able to hunt down a camper especially since there's no traditional spotting, I just think they went overboard.
  • Paintpro_12
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My only issue is that it follows the person way too long... it should be a few seconds not 7-8 LONGGGGGG SECONDS
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not effective at what players wanted.

Players wanted information how they did. A lot of people suggested a proper killcard at the bottom of the screen. This should show info like.
    1. A short detailed list that showed where you took damage on your body for what damage and what player caused it with weaspon.
    2. The damage that killed you in the end.
    3. The distance of the shooter to you that killed you.

What would allow a player to figure out if he got engaged and hit by multiple people. If these people killed you from different distances and what eventually killed you. So you could figure out that you may took some damage from a guy relatively close to you and a sniper finished you off with a shot in the the leg that only did like 30 damage, but you already too 70 damage in total from other players.
  • 0SiGHT0
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just put it back to how it was in Bad Company 2..... there was no problem with that.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Forums in a nutshell here.

Kill cam isn't working well fix fix fix.

Gives bf4 kill cam.

Omg dice why would you do this reeeeeeeee
  • full951
    1928 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kill cam is lame af. the kill cam. should just point in the killers direction at the most and only for a split second. that's all you needed to know was the direction the threat was from
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The games still a mess and even with all the bugs gone I still don't think it would be a 'good' game. I am just accepting the fact that it's a bit of a boring mess that can just about keep me entertained until the next BF, or another decent game comes along.
  • Ploodovic
    1349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    So, you’re now saying it’s too effective at its job? The things people find the energy to complain about…

I didn't say it doesn't work and I am part of the community who wanted it fixed, I'm just saying it's a pretty damn ugly way of implementing it.
    I was expecting it to be clean like the last Battlefield game .

Oh, and it took no energy at all, my thumb didn't break a sweat when I was typing my thread.
    How bout you? You use up any energy to reply to my post?

Yeah, I did. Way too much energy. I sometimes wonder why I even bother.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can anyone make a video clip of the new kill cam. I wont be able to check it out till way later today and I'm curious af now lol
  • warslag
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

It's much needed information for the player that was killed and to be able to hunt down a camper especially since there's no traditional spotting, I just think they went overboard.

Without meaning to make you feel like I'm poking you in the chest, and with respect:

Why can't you just use your own eyes? Why do you feel that when you die you are entitled to extra help, from the game itself, to kill the player who killed you?

I think that your argument: "it's much needed information for the player that was killed and to be able to hunt down a camper", is unethical.

Because it takes away a players ability to remain concealed even though they haven't broken the rules.

What mitigation is there for the player who has been exposed by the kill cam? What does he get in return for having the camera on him?
  • rockin_master
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really this time, next patch will for sure fix the game. Really. Just go on the forums. Well sick the goon patrol on you while you wait. It'll be fun.

• ackers75
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it.
    It shows how ridiculous the lag compensation is!
  • ThePhasmid
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Bottom line is that we finally got a kill cam. I am grateful for that, particularly in a game where enemies easily blend in with the environment (hate campers who exploit these spots). Is it as fluid as I'd like it to be? Not entirely, and that's not the fault of the kill cam. It's the fact that they haven't fully integrated it with the extended "heal" mechanic yet. They would be wise to revert to BF1's simplistic version rather than force the player to watch themselves slowly bleed out. Once that is done, avenge kills are on like Donkey Kong.
  • munkt0r
    3007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More example of this community never being satisfied?
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    warslag wrote: »

Without meaning to make you feel like I'm poking you in the chest, and with respect:

Why can't you just use your own eyes? Why do you feel that when you die you are entitled to extra help, from the game itself, to kill the player who killed you?

I think that your argument: "it's much needed information for the player that was killed and to be able to hunt down a camper", is unethical.

Because it takes away a players ability to remain concealed even though they haven't broken the rules.

What mitigation is there for the player who has been exposed by the kill cam? What does he get in return for having the camera on him?

Some form of kill report information has always been available in BF games.
    At least since I've been playing since Bad Company 2.
    I'm a decent player regardless the shooter I play, some I'm much better at and others I'm average.
    I just like some form of info on the screen seeing as it's frustrating getting killed by a sniper miles away.......not knowing how you got killed from that distance would not sit well with a lot of players especially since some of the bugs in this game already affect a players awareness senses, such as inaccurate footsteps, bullet trace incorrectly showing the right direction it was coming from, poor player Visibility compared to past BF games and more.