15 Jan Patch Feedback

Aircool_212
764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Major disappointment.

Kill cam lingers too long on your killer increasing respawn time.

Still no kill card information as to why you've just died to one bullet - I (and other people) thought we were getting a detailed kill card of what hit you, where it hit you and how much damage you took.

KE-7 is still a better Assault Rifle than the StG-44. Why is a support weapon a better Assault Rifle?

M1A1 'macro-matic' is still overpowered on PC - the clue is in the name 'macro-matic'!

Hilarious incidents of enemies taking zero damage after being hit 7+ times, only for them to instagib you. Sure, this has been an ongoing problem, but it's such a huge issue some quality feedback from the developers would be helpful - why is the game acting like this?

Situational awareness is still a massive issue - no idea how to fix that one. However, footsteps are louder now, but the direction seems off.

Clambering over terrain appears to have been improved in places.

Last 50 rounds of aircraft cannons don't appear to have any animations... I have no idea if they are actually firing bullets.

For some reason, the StG-44 is more accurate whilst moving than it is when static, even if kneeling or prone.

Easier to find supply stations for vehicles.

Comments

• DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    frontlines is now a 8x8 mode
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ea has mentioned this is an unintended bug.
    Maybe next month theyll get it right 😂
  • Sou1__0062
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -STILL NO GETTING CC EVEN FOR DAILY NOW
    -STILL can't choose special missions for weapon skin in game only in menu
    -Footsteps sounds still sucks cant hear if enemy is behind or infront of me
    -Sometimes cant drop bombs in light airplane

Ok Dice Make Stuka sound in next patch even lauder to make my ears bleed XD
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, player speed, jumping and ADAD spam need addressing, along with the teleporting effect to due very low server -> client updates (or something.. I'm no expert but just look at aircraft jerking around at the sides of your screen, or someone in the distance spamming ADAD so they almost appear in two places at one, a sort of double-slit experiment, but with soldiers.
  • imdistorted
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    8v8 Frontlines mode is horsecrap. What kind of brainless people work there?
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    8v8 Frontlines mode is horsecrap. What kind of brainless people work there?

It's a bug. They will fix as soon as possible - as per EA who has posted in a couple threads about it today
  • ackers75
    2636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems exactly the same apart from they have definitely adjusted the lag comp.
    And it’s worse
  • Aircool_212
    Eventually, all Empires slide into decadence and decay...
  • Lemtix
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Indigology wrote: »

where did you get that info?
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lemtix wrote: »

On one of the first posts complaining about frontlines being 8v8, an employee from EA personally posted and said it was a known, unintended bug. I believe he also linked a reddit thread where they talked about it.
  • pointmanjeff
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While playing as a medic and someone's down I've noticed their ticker stays full. Ticker is probably not the appropriate term, but I now cannot prioritize healing.
  • SirSpectacle
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While playing as a medic and someone's down I've noticed their ticker stays full. Ticker is probably not the appropriate term, but I now cannot prioritize healing.
    Yeah, this is a great side effect of the new kill cam. Anything that prevents idiots from skipping revive is a great improvement.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lemtix wrote: »

Probably here
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hahaha, oh man, jumped on a match to give the new patch a go, and I couldn't stop grinning the entire time.

As mentioned here, the revive timer is broken, STG seems to be back to beta effectiveness, kill cam is atrocious, Frontlines is broken, but the one cute addition I noticed that seems to work as intended is the little timer on the availability of purchasable cosmetics. So I have 2 weeks to grind my way to 14k CC (when I finally started earning CC), or buy these rehashed assets outright with real world money.....

Bravo, EA/Dice, Bravo! Let me spread my cheeks right now and hand over all my credit cards. Take as much as you want!
  • superteds
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    one thing that i can't see anything specific for in the patchnotes is that my client's running a whole lot smoother

no idea why, but no complaints.
  • Aircool_212
    Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you EA/DICE's new theme tune...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019

LOL, how on earth does something this major get through QA testing?

Oh right, yeah, pretty sure QA doesn't exist in DICE HQ. Code, release, got it

Solid development practice right there.
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »

LOL, how on earth does something this major get through QA testing?

Oh right, yeah, pretty sure QA doesn't exist in DICE HQ. Code, release, got it

Solid development practice right there.

The 40 that left the company was probably the QA dept.

• PanamaLado
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i still get annoying bugs, like:

- Tripod issue not solved
    - sliding over ground not solved
    - spwaning without the ability of aiming with the weapons
    - shots not going through even with clear sight
    - bugged sounds

Apart from this and probably another 100 issues, it somehow feels better with the update, but not sure if this is just my positive imagination, which still lets me hope for this BF.