I can't get gold for Gewehr 43

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I've got gold for all my gun apart from the receiver (the best bit). I managed to unlock all the other gold parts just playing the game casually but for some reason this is taking FOREVER. I regularly cap falgs so i'm always on objectives, and I always go for headshots when I get the chance. It's been about 3 weeks now though and the progress bad just won't move from 1/4 of the way down. Are all the gold skins this difficult and drawn out to unlock?

Comments

• Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The assignment "kill 10 enemies into flag with headshot without dying" is too hard.
  • Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I completed it. You might lack skills?
  • Iightblack
    edited January 2019
    Smes0n wrote: »

Ufff, regardless my skill, that assignment is an enormous peak of difficulty compared with making gold weapons from others weapons tiers.

p.s anyway my stats are higher than your :open_mouth:
  • Vinotauro
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got it pretty easily as well no problem
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for your pure useless response.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    Iightblack wrote: »

Ufff, regardless my skill, that assignment is an enormous peak of difficulty compared with making gold weapons from others weapons tiers.

Are they all equally as annoying as this or is this just a one off?
  • Vinotauro
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Honestly I don't think it's useless. A gold gun should mean you completed a relatively DIFFICULT challenge and it does take SOME skill
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    Vinotauro wrote: »

Honestly I don't think it's useless. A gold gun should mean you completed a relatively DIFFICULT challenge and it does take SOME skill

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to quote you, I meant the Smeson BF God.
  • Iightblack
    Are they all equally as annoying as this or is this just a one off?

For what I saw, only Gewehr-like weapons (M1A1, Turner, etc etc) have this last very hard assignment compared with the others.
    Vinotauro wrote: »
    A gold gun should mean you completed a relatively DIFFICULT challenge and it does take SOME skill

You right, but the problem is that this is the only assignment so hard to be not comparable with every other "gold assignment". It needs too luck.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Um count your lucky stars you're going for the G43

I'm working on the Kar98, and I have either 1.) 10 headshot kills while prone in an objective area in 1 life OR 2.) 20 headshot kills while on an objective 1 one round.
  • Lt_Schofield
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've got gold for all my gun apart from the receiver (the best bit). I managed to unlock all the other gold parts just playing the game casually but for some reason this is taking FOREVER. I regularly cap falgs so i'm always on objectives, and I always go for headshots when I get the chance. It's been about 3 weeks now though and the progress bad just won't move from 1/4 of the way down. Are all the gold skins this difficult and drawn out to unlock?

Hey man yes I know its hard but here is a Tip, there is a unlisted assignment and I know it works cause i was in the same boat as you with the Gewehr 1-5.10 Hs in a life in Obj areas or 20 in a round, tried for ages, but all you need is 100 HS with it once you reach the last level. I got the last gold on reaching 100 HS , its a grind but it worked for me and others I know, just keep plugging away and you will get it.
  • Feradius
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As a person who's completed every weapon mastery assignments on each class, i can definitely say that there's this "hidden" third option on last part of weapon mastery assignment which requires overall certain amount of kills to do. I don't know if this is a bug or feature, i haven't read any official confirmation anywhere about this.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, couldn't get it either. 10-20 headshot in objective area nonsense needs to go. It is pretty circumstantial.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    There might be a hidden third option for 60 headshots in objecive areas overall.

I have the Gold receiver for the Turner and I for sure never got 10 in 1 life or 20 in a round. So just keep grinding away and you might get lucky like I did
    Post edited by ashar_saleem121 on
  • Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »

You have 0.6 kd 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
  • Iightblack
    You have 0.6 kd 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

@Smes0n https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Iightblack/overview... copy and paste my nickname.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There might be a hidden third option for 60 headshots in objecive areas overall.

I have the Gold receiver for the Turner and ai for sure never got 10 in 1 life or 20 in a round. So just keel grinding away and you might get lucky like I did

This is correct.

OP keep working at it, you will get it eventually.
  • CanonFodder23
    354 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I've heard this. I haven't done any of the weapon assignments yet so can't verify it just yet. Except that I heard it was 100 kills of whatever the 10 kills requirement is. So, yeah keep grinding and it should unlock.
    One note, however, if it's the objective kills, make sure that the player is in the objective area when you make the kill. Apparently, some players think that they have to be in the objective area when they make the kill and this is not true.

I have the Gold receiver for the Turner and ai for sure never got 10 in 1 life or 20 in a round. So just keel grinding away and you might get lucky like I did

• naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can verify it, I got it the same way for both the G43 and the m/42, got the 1-5 legit 10HS kills in a life though :p
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR

Yeah, I assume that's why the progress bar is clocking up, even though I haven't done the first challenge. It's 1/4 of the way through. So boring it's not even worth the hassle. It's just a joke that it's the only part of the gun you really see. I've done everything else.