Assault class needs a nerf

Dont_Kill_M3
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
They got 6 explosives ( if you pick up ammo at the supply station its 3 for each greanade launcher and piat or paunzerfaust ). I have seen level 50 guys spamming the piat and grenade launchers on infantry then they go back and refill ammo at the supply station and do it again. Every thing in this game is nerfed the bad one was tanks and planes but dice didnt nerf the assault class it is the most powerful class atm. No one is gonna use another class as it has good guns and explosives even the dmr's have 3x scope making the recon class a joke. The amount of explosives carried by assault class should be reduced to 2 atleast i think explosives should also have the same timer to reload at the ammo station just like the bomber.

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Every Class needs a nerf. The only thing i can see needing a buff, is the irrelevant infantry rifles, that are literally useless on this game (a WW2 game at that).
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Every Class needs a nerf. The only thing i can see needing a buff, is the irrelevant infantry rifles, that are literally useless on this game (a WW2 game at that).

Do you mean the bolt actions? Because the DMR's are pretty great.
    Post edited by skippylarue on
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing I think really needs to happen is they need to add glint and breath requirements to all 3x scopes. This will help address some of the many complaints people have about assault and support being so strong at ranged combat and give players reason to use something besides 3x 90% of the time.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Assault class needs a buff.
  • Dont_Kill_M3
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i think the timer to reload the explosives should be same as the bomber and assault should not have more than 2x scope available.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Do you mean the bold actions? Because the DMR's are pretty great.

No, i'm speaking of the Lee Enfield, or Kar 98, and other non scoped rifles, which were mostly fielded during the war. They're useless on this game, which makes no sense (as it made no sense on BF1). They should be buffed and medium and short ranges (like the shotgun), and then many more would use it.
  • Icemangooo
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    this ^
  • thebossman2202
    372 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Panzerfaust nerf is a big step in the right direction. Maybe now we'll actually see teams that aren't 70% Assault (25% Support/Recon, 5% Medic).

Indeed, however I have seen an increase of medics lately
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Panzerfaust nerf is a big step in the right direction. Maybe now we'll actually see teams that aren't 70% Assault (25% Support/Recon, 5% Medic).

So, what class is going to take over being the "most" aggressive pushing objectives?

Support?...mmm, nope. Not when +/- 90% of Support players are prone out of their minds behind "attacking" objectives shooting in. 10% don't make up much of the prone Supports. That's at least 7 out of 32 players who are aggressive as Support. Change my mind.

Medic?....kinda, but not really unless they are aggressive "smokers" that run-n-gun to the objective while reviving/healing throughout. Pocket Medics are always great to have in a squad/team.

Recon? (hysterically laughing) Ahhh..that's a good one right?

You'll just have less Assaults worrying about destroying tanks pretty much. Assaults will still be the most aggressive class out there. More assaults will just need to pony up and take out tanks together rather than solo with the new patch.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DMRs could do with a range decrease (decrease minimum damage, decrease damage drop-off distance, increase bullet drop), but overall I wouldn't say anything in particular is massively overpowered. However, the class as a whole needs some rethinking as currently the combinations of gadgets and weapons available allow it to deal too much damage and generally be too effective.
    I think a good step in terms of gadgets would be to switch the AT Pistol launcher gadget from the Support and the PIAT launcher from the Assault around. The PIAT feels more like a Support weapon personally, and as the AT pistol is a bit weaker than the PIAT it weakens the Assault slightly (and gives Support more AT capabilities). I think the pistol launcher and Panzerfaust are fairly similar in terms of balance, maybe there could be some tweaking so that the pistol isn't a downgrade of the Panzerfaust and instead just opens up a slightly different playstyle in terms of AT. Or even make the pistol the default gadget in that slot, and have the Panzerfaust unlock at the level that the PIAT does currently. Idk, just a thought.
    Limiting the assault rifles and at least some semi-autos to 2x scopes would definitely be better than the current situation (although they'd have to add a decent 2x scope for all weapons, because the Aperture 2x sight is horrible). The M1A1 springs to mind as a rifle that definitely doesn't need to be that accurate and easy to use at range given that it can shred people at medium and close ranges already, but using it with a 2x scope would still be nice just for mid-range.
    I have seen a suggestion to remove Dynamite from the Assault and give it to another class, but I'm not convinced. However, having it available on another class, perhaps Recon, could be nice, so that if they're scouting and encounter a tank or vehicle they can destroy it or create a trap if it's unattended, and also cut off routes to the fight for the enemy by destroying bridges etc.
    Those are just a few ideas to make the Assault slightly less powerful in relation to other classes.
  • Hawxxeye
    5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they could move the g 43/selb 1916 to recon, it would benefit the class a lot
  • Trokey66
    8240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Nah, just remove 3X from them.

Might not fix all but will be a good start.
  • Hawxxeye
    5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

the sights and scopes that are not x3 are pretty bad though, either bulky, or dark
  • Trokey66
    8240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

the sights and scopes that are not x3 are pretty bad though, either bulky, or dark

TAH DAAAAH!
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, they need to add a decent 2x scope (like the one from the Ag m/42 and I believe Selbstlader 1916) if they were going to do away with 3x scopes for Assault, because the current 2x Aperture sight is awful, completely obscuring your vision with an ugly and blurry reticle.
  • Poly020
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15

I agree.
    It'll force them to mid-range combat and actually assault the objective.
    So many times I see assault players just camping in the back playing sniper.

I'd remove it from support as well. Long range combat is a recon's job.
  • Hawxxeye

TAH DAAAAH!

nobody deserves to have to use these things. they should untint the reflex