Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update & Update Notes

Comments

• Ponytales
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Terrible patch, addresses so little of what was needed and introduces many new issues. The game played better pre patch. DICE definitely have lost their mojo, I'm close to giving up - I just can't be bothered anymore.
    Just a tip - if you could provide context/detail of what you're referring to, that would help.

-Braddock512-

The rest of us are actually pointing out our issues but we get ignored by you guys.

(Edit: Fixed spelling mistake)
  • Cale--wss
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Footsteps all around me same volume 20m to 1m very confusing
  • RunswithDog
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Hi Braddock.

What happened to Frontlines 32 players? 8 VS 8 is way too small. Thats what....2 full squads per team. This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Squads work together in 32 players teams. I really do not understand this decision. Please bring 32 players back. Also, the MP interface is not updated and doesn't show Rush but still shows Frontlines 32 players.
  • Exray2
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hang on, so if the 3, 6, or more bullets i needed to fire to take an enemy down did not reveal my location you are going to give him a camera to see exactly where my (perhaps!) tactful take down took place from? I take time and pride in finding a good spot to attack or defend from! Kill cam off servers coming? Hardcore mode w/200% bullet damage coming?
  • Adrock318
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hardly any fixes, added new bugs and changed a lot of things that were fine and did not need a change. Sniper glint is practically completely gone making it near impossible to see snipers. The recoil reduction nerf while crouched and prone is ridiculous and needs to go back. It effectively made some weapons near impossible to headshot at distances that I previously would land consistently with skill. Practically made accuracy drop about 20%. The nerf to the panzerfaust was unnecessary and ruins it. It's nice that it 1 hit kills a plane, but does zero damage to environment. You now need 3 rockets to blow up a side of a building where an enemy is? It was awesome when I would see someone in a window in a building hit them with a panzerfaust and at least get some damage if not get the kill. Now the same rocket doesn't even damage the side of the building and does no damage to the person inside. Put it back to how it was at launch, it was fine. Maybe nerf the damage to tanks only but environments should not take three rockets to destroy. There are a lot of other issues but my main concern which might make me stop playing the game altogether is this new stupid zooming of the death cam. Not only is it jarring and dizzying but it's completely unnecessary and now takes way too long to get into the "downed state." It now makes being revived and respawing back into the game insanely long and annoying. Also the increased airplane volumes are WAY too loud. All I can hear now are planes flying around like they're 2 feet above my head and I can't hear anything else. Very distracting and very annoying this is something that was completely unnecessary. Still no fix for the lack of vibration on controller in Grand operations. The infinite black load screen still exists and overall aiming of guns feels clunky with the recoil reduction when crouching and going prone being nerfed. Honestly, two of the only things I can say that was positive about this patch is the buff to the medic weapons and the fixes to vaulting. Everything else is unnecessary and honestly kind of disappointing and game-breaking.
  • Dreb1n893
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi.
    First of all, happy to see some of these fixes and weapon balancing.

Please give us an option for disabling killcam. I don't think BF needs it at all. It's enough that we have a hit direction marker, we can just check the kill log to see our killers name. Who in their right mind thought the kill cam was worth extending the death screen time? What was wrong with the solution from bf 1? At least you could blend the kill cam with the skip revive screen. People want to play more, not watch their killer.
    Also, somehow the ttd is worse (at least for me). Instant deaths seem more frequent.
    Another problem i found after the update is that sometimes dynamites will not damage tanks.
    The hit indicator will say i damaged my oponent for 70 hp, yet my death screen shows them having at least 60 hp left.
    I noticed an update for prone players. Can you please stop making it more and more viable for players to play a whole game in prone position? Or at least make corpses stop moving, so we don't confuse them with prone players.
    The damage from debris seems random and not physics based.
    I know everyone has been asking, but can we please have 24/7 servers? For instance, i enjoy very much playing on panzerstorm, and find it annoying that i have to cycle trough all maps to play on it.
    Footsteps are a big part of the update and it seems to me that the mechanic is going in a wrong direction. They seem too loud for distant players and you always hear people as they would be next fo you. Sometimes you can hear your own footsteps as if they were next to you.
    Most of the time you can't hear enemy gunshots when they are next to you. Or they are muffled and quiet.

I absolutely love the game you created and hope you see this comment as constructive criticism. I want to be playing it for a long time, but with updates like these, i feel the game is becoming less and less Battlefield and more and more your average generic shooter.

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    404 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 16
    Can we put a hold on the MMG's and just Bi-Poding in general? I think the prone meta of BFV has reached it's peak now. Lets not over do all the fun of entire teams lying flat on the floor for long stretches of time.

The medic guns now feel fantastic though, really good job on them.

Let's see that Assault nerf next and the classes will be looking a lot healthier.
  • hops911
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like the new killcam over the old one but, get rid of the part where the camera pans away to nothing. Go right to the bleed out screen after seeing your killer.

Sound is louder, but doesn't aid in situational awareness. Footsteps sometimes seem like they're coming from everywhere at once. BF1 sound design was brilliant. Use that as your benchmark. Sound settings: Auto/Headphones tried 3D Headphones also. Using Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X

On Xbox, VOIP isn't always off despite the menu setting. I have to turn it on than off each match. When it's on it causes some loss of sound fidelity.

Vaulting seems better.

Revives seem much easier to execute.

Would like to see all classes get to carry at least one smoke grenade.

Love the garden gnome on Arras.
  • DeadGuyOz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from the footstep, KillCam, Prone player, and other repeated issues; why were the specializations for the Spitfires and 109s changed and where is that in the notes?
  • spateri1
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you please give us option to turn off killcam? Its rly annoing, not working good and u should let players decide if they want to see it or not???

Yes please. Orrible addition to the game. Just let us turn it off if we dont want it.
  • spateri1
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where are the rented servers? We like to scrim sometimes...just saying.
  • MrM3741h34d
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So...they didnt fix company coin issues? Or headshot detection/death? Just added stuff we dont want without fixing the things that are broke basically?
  • curlytailz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Adrock318 wrote: »
    Sniper glint is practically completely gone making it near impossible to see snipers.

You're right. Just realized that it was non-existent; couldn't understand why I was getting picked off from snipers out of nowhere.

Dunno, I thought the game yesterday was nearly perfect. Big steps back today, esp killcam.
  • MrM3741h34d
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE why are you not listening to your players
  • warmachine8689
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Why do they continue to make the game worse? The weapons are extremely ubalanced, tanks are overall way to easy to destroy, and I’m sure I’m not the only person who continuously gets shot in the back after leaving the spawn... the list goes on and on and on. It’s funny that people would rather still play BF4 than BF5 and it’s over 4 years old. Can you please stop being like every other game developer and release a complete game not something players need to help you develop after it’s been released. Yes I agree you should listen to your player base but come on dice get your stuff together and give us something worth waiting on!
  • MrM3741h34d
    What's wrong with Battlefield V?

At launch, only a few things

However, the bugs and issues have now gotten completely out of control. So called "fixes" have only made the game worse. They added more bugs instead of fixing what was broken in the first place.

The TTK is completely screwed. I will spray someone down with 10+ shots of an MG 42 and get nothing for my trouble except a quick death from a pistol. I will shoot somebody in the mouth with a sniper rifle with a correctly set zero and will get a body shot. The smgs have become more balanced but lackluster. I find myself putting multiple rounds into people's heads without them dying.

Now let's talk about the planes and tanks. Planes now are overly loud and STILL tanky. I can hit a plane with accurate AA fire and watch it sail into the sunset without a care in the world. I will spray the wings, engines, and fuselage with my plane's main machine guns and they will overheat before I see the enemy plane smoking. This is ridiculous. I know that the dev's dont want to be the game too challenging, but the amount of damage planes can take is ridiculous. Secondly, the tanks. I know that they are tanks but they can also take a ridiculous amount of damage before being destroyed. People will drive around in tanks the entire round while taking rocket after rocket, dynamite after dynamite. On the other side of that coin, I shot a half track 4 times with a TIGER yesterday, and the half track drove off without even smoking. What is this damage balance?

Finally, we have the issue of Company Coin. I have been level 50 since Week 1. I have no ways to get company coins to upgrade my weapons or vehicles, other than the 300 you get per day from daily orders. However, I will go into my post game match summary and see that i earned 2000 Company Coin from experience gained after max rank. I dont understand if this is a bug, or something that is meant to be in the game that I am not receiving.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed this game upon its release, but now I am close to putting it out to pasture like Battlefield 1. I will take great satisfaction in putting rifle rounds through this game if it is not fixed. Please DICE, fix this game in the series that I have been a fan of since Battlefield 1943.

Sincerely, ADrunkenScot