This Week in Battlefield V - January 14th - Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
edited January 16
6ol0v245rga21.jpg

Welcome to This Week in Battlefield V for the week of January 14th!

We’ve got a stacked week of goodness for you coming up! It all starts with the Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes trailer, update notes, information on the new content rolling out, and more. So, let’s get into the mood with the all-new trailer just released today.

All-new Battlefield V Update - Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes trailer!

Now, let’s get into the highlights that this Monday cures of any work-related blues:
50qywwvbrga21.png
As always, timing on the below can always shift. We’ll do our best to keep you updated of any changes.
  • Monday, January 14th
  • Wednesday, January 16th
    • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week – Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
  • Thursday, January 17th
    • Fix Update – Company Coin & Tides of War Mission Tracking Issues – We will have additional information for you coming out of the weekend’s fix testing we performed. Hopefully we’ll have these two issues resolved and tucked away. For more information on what we’re doing, please refer to last week’s Weekly Debrief.
    • Launch – Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Weekly Events Begin – With the full update rolled out by Thursday, we kick off the in-game weekly missions and rewards.
    • AMAA – Reddit Ask Me Almost Anything About Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes – Hopefully you’ve digested the Update Notes and got hands on with the latest update by this point. Swing by our AMAA where we’ll answer almost any question you have for us as it relates to the new release.
  • Friday, January 18th
    • Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.
wzfboiverga21.png

wa2bszbfrga21.png

ji0s0hrfrga21.jpg
Nyxi, Battlefield Mixer Stream Team Manager, mixer.com/nyxi

Edit:
  • OIB Moment - Moved OIB Moment of the Week to Wednesday. The week's winner has been announced here.
  • CC & ToW Fixes - Company Coin and Tides of War Mission Tracking issues updates moved to Thursday. We're still working on some of the server fixes and hope to have good news for you once they're confirmed as successfully rolled out.
  • Reddit AMAA - Reddit AMAA cancelled this week. Rather, we will be focusing on a comprehensive Q&A in this week's Weekly Debrief.
Post edited by danmotoxx on

Comments

• HelmutHasstdich
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Thanks for all the hard work.
  • -1PARA-wendola
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hope it will more enjoyable. Thanks
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let the raging proceed in 3...2....1... :D
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CAN DEAR EA finally make possible to choose Special mission in game not only in menu !? its so anoying every match need leave server to pick another special mission for weapon skin....
  • FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sou1__0062 wrote: »
    CAN DEAR EA finally make possible to choose Special mission in game not only in menu !? its so anoying every match need leave server to pick another special mission for weapon skin....

Its better to level the guns out to 10 to get a lot of them and then stack the full 4 so you're not leaving every game.
  • FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank EA for sticking through the bs! I cant wait to see whats in store for us with the new patches and i have faith that we will get some changes to Medics! Love that class no matter what! Thank you, thank you, thank you! BLESS YOU EA
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sou1__0062 wrote: »

Its better to level the guns out to 10 to get a lot of them and then stack the full 4 so you're not leaving every game.

LOL DONT CARE
  • Paintpro_12
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have only one gripe as far as the new patch... the killcam follows the player way too long and sometimes when you’re being revived right after being killed you will have to have the kill cam actually finish before being able to play again.
  • BatareykinS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After update a small aircraft (Stuka) carrying a bomb lost a target for bombing from a 3-person view (C).
  • gregt5150
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it, but when are we going to see the M1 garand, the BAR, M1903, Carcano? We're missing some influential content of WW2
  • Alcoolakoi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    where is the blessed solution of infinite loading between one game and another! ??? It has more than 1 month and nothing yet solution! EA taking a beating from the bug!
  • neon__never
    god please make it so you can cancel reloading the sniper shot of a M30 and switch to buckshot, die too many times cause i cant switch
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've watched the Firestorm trailer, and at one point it says 'Game Engine Footage'. I don't believe this is actually true because at no point in the trailer do I see any of the soldiers bunnyhopping and ADAD spamming, getting stuck jumping though windows or sliding around on the floor whilst prone. At one point, the squad leader gives hand signals that are clearly visible to other soldiers, yet at no point does he scream 'ptfo youdum noobs' before a racist/sexist argument breaks out alongside suggestions to uninstall or press ALT-F4. The trailer also displays a OHK melee takedown... that's so unrealistic as at no time does the soldier swipe ineffectively at the enemy, before said enemy turns round and OHK's them with a pistol.
  • Borg_GR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thx for the passion and hard work
    I hope very soon a fix for the bipod.
  • Sgt_CoolFart
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CC!!CC!!!
  • Lanzx84
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gregt5150 wrote: »
    I love it, but when are we going to see the M1 garand, the BAR, M1903, Carcano? We're missing some influential content of WW2

No Americans yet it's just British duh
  • Asalavana
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Wednesday, January 16th
    Fix Update – Company Coin & Tides of War Mission Tracking Issues – We will have additional information for you coming out of the weekend’s fix testing we performed. Hopefully we’ll have these two issues resolved and tucked away..."

WHERE IS IT???
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Asalavana wrote: »
    "Wednesday, January 16th
    Fix Update – Company Coin & Tides of War Mission Tracking Issues – We will have additional information for you coming out of the weekend’s fix testing we performed. Hopefully we’ll have these two issues resolved and tucked away..."

WHERE IS IT???

Wondering the same thing.....
  • Googlebright
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm super happy to see that Chapter 2 continues to make use of the broken "...as a squad" assignment criteria. These only work for the person who actually performed the action, the rest of the squad never gets credit. In Chapter 1, my friends and I all had to take turns as squad leader getting rocket kills and calling in reinforcement vehicles. Looks like we're going to have to do the same again so we can all call in ten (!!!) supply canisters each.
  • Crazy_T0815
    We need more CONQUEST MAPS!!!!! DICE WAKE UP!!!!!!