Weekly Debrief

Origin -> Automatic Game Updates

BobNoxiousUSA
268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
While I sit here watching, waiting forever, for this update that wont fix company coin to load - I would like to ask EA to have the Origin Automatic Updates actually work. I had to go in and click the game to get this slow-azz update started. yawn.

Comments

• Carbonic
    1389 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Origin doesn't constantly check for updates to your games, if that was the case it would stress your system way more than would be appropriate.
    You can manually check for update if you are in a hurry and you know an update just released.
    Steam and other gaming clients work the same way.
  • Trashkan1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why have an option for auto updates then?
  • bigguyhawaii
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think its origin updates not game patches
  • Trashkan1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It specifically says auto update games under settings. There is also an auto update origin box as well.
  • BobNoxiousUSA
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    auto update should update the game with the latest patch - when i am not playing the game or if i am not at my pc. instead i waited an hour (not my internet connection, but EA's download speed), to play the updated game.
  • nikon56
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    just do it the same way as steam, i'm fed up having the game updating only when i try to launch it despite origin being up for HOURS while the comp is not used. especially given the crap speed your servers achieve (100Mb/s connexion, when testing i get roughly 95/98Mb/s, yet origin tank at 460Kb/s)
  • BobNoxiousUSA
    Sure wish the game was updated automatically when I got home from work today... but that would be a big "negatory"... but at least it is downloading fast today.
  • StingX71
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PC was on last night so it would update, but you guessed it, it didn't.
  • fragnstein
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was thinking this same thing as I was updating. Why is there a toggle for keeping game and origin up to date if they don't work
  • DiarrheaTasty
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    It would sure be nice if this feature worked.
    Origin support recommended this fix but I'm not sure if it will actually work. I'm hoping it does because these crappy download speeds every update are frustrating
    Completely log out and close down Origin
    Hold down the Windows key and R
    Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
    Now open the Origin folder.
    Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
    Hold down the Windows key and R
    Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
    This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
    Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
    Open the Local folder here
    Delete the Origin folder listed here
    Restart your PC and log back into Origin
    Post edited by DiarrheaTasty on