BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Sorry to be the negative one here but you guys are beating a dead horse. Activision successfully transitioned their playerbase off rented/3rd party servers. They are still very successful in selling their game. EA is taking a page from their book. The vast majority of players in BF games don't care about rented servers. This is proven through the extensive and growing use of Quick Match and countless complaints over the years about 'Badmins'. The people interacting on these forums represent a very small pecentage of the overall playerbase. [/

Badmins is such a stupid term . This game will die if rental servers are not available . Quick Match stinks ! Teams are never balanced . Games start with 10 player advantages . Losing team gets rolled game after game . No way to switch teams . It doesn't work . Since you have had this game for 2 days , you will figure it out .

As far as representing , I represent over 50 players from my group . We are a hardcore Battle Field clan . We have been around since 2006 . How many players do represent ? As far as beating a dead horse you may be right about that .
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA isn't going to allow rented servers. Rented servers with modified rules are a big problem for games that are built around micro-transactions because they lead to farming.

If little Johnny joins a rented server that's set up to farm Company Coin he probably isn't going to ask Mom and Dad for $10.00 to buy a Golden Gun Pack. He's going to farm the gun pack. Then he's going to tell his friends about it and some of them will farm for their Golden Gun Packs as well.

EA isn't going to allow users the opportunity to poach. Poaching. It's a bigger concern to them than piracy, which makes sense, when two thirds of their revenue stream are micro-transactions.

Not to mention we are all just playing Disposablefield V: Assignment Edition. Pre-orders for Disposablefield VI start in just a little over 12 months.

EA treats it's user base like dairy cattle in a chute, moving them pen to pen. Open one door, close the last. Milk milk milk. Repeat.

i fail to see how private servers = stats padding as you can go stats pad on official servers as well.
  • Amp1776
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pro4TLZZ wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. Why is RSP so important to have in the game?

so you can ban players that are better than you

So I can use the tank, and kick / ban any who any who dare use it. lol jk
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So you can find another server if they do!

• -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do the developers even check these boards ? I never see a response to any concerns on here . Truly sad that no one from EA / Dice has the balls to respond to anything . Bad business .

Yes, they (Braddock) responded a few days ago in the Toxicity thread, so they must still be reading these boards.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh they read them. I have even gotten responses from them.

They just do not make any significant changes. Well at least they haven't since the launch of BF1 over 2 years ago.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Icemangooo wrote: »
    private servers will essentially mean that the game will stay alive for longer then it will without.
    It's helps the clans and general community to stay active longer, like it did in the games before bf1./

It certainly does..by having past and present titles populated can only put future titles on the front foot for the next purchase..

• CrashCA
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA just does not understand that, Metal
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Quicker death?
    A month after launch and the game is half off. That I think I a record in the gaming industry.
    Most of the players that Pre-Ordered it have left the game already leaving just the players that bought the game for half off.

It would seem the game might be dead before EA lets DICE finish making the game.

Well when you ignore customers, this is what happens.
    When you market a game to people who do not play games this is what happens.
    When you call the people who do buy your games ignorant and uneducated then this is what happens.
    When you release half of a game at full price then this is what happens.
    When you do not put in basic features (RSP) that are expected and have no plan to put those features into the game then this is what happens.
    When you advertise a game as historically accurate but it is only accurate in the "Alternate Verse" and not real world history then this is what happens.

Yes to the all the above, and I'd add one more:
    When you make a game that is low content and quite frankly, just isn't very good.
  • Wikstone
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just posted this to another thread: With third party servers platoons would move to next battlefield ( and have some old servers up ), now platoons are looking for other games.
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wikstone wrote: »
    Just posted this to another thread: With third party servers platoons would move to next battlefield ( and have some old servers up ), now platoons are looking for other games.

Dude you need to get over it..... There are no more 3rd party servers coming... Never, nada, not going to happen.

Yes private or custom servers are possibly coming and we should be asking them to be provided for free not RSP.

Go look at the top 10 games on steam charts and tell me how many of them have 3rd party servers. ??

Those days are over for AAA titles because you can't be trusted with them. Ask yourself this .... If you had admin control in the game, and the squad leader in your squad who is a random was not deploying the V2. How long would you give him to deploy before moving him to the other team or just kicking him so you could drop the V2 ????

• Raif71
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Our group is still growing - playing BF4! ( and they are mostly over 35 , with jobs etc.)
    Those that play BFV are in for a few days then complaining for a lot more... doubt it will survive unless major changes - stop with the political bs, get with history, release RSP so we can cultivate the climate once again!
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA obviously doesn't want to sell any more copies of this game . They are only interested in the games roll out , what a foolish business strategy . Instantly discounting this game right after the roll out , wow . You know EA if you did this right you would be able to sell this game at full price all of 2019 and actually make more money . 40 of my group did not buy this game because of the lack of RSP .
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Dude you need to get over it..... There are no more 3rd party servers coming... Never, nada, not going to happen.

There is a "tweet" (god i think thats so stupid) by a DICE dev saying a specific option will be available thru RSP..

• Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    After Chapter 3.
  • Hercules728
    After Chapter 3.

Unfortunately very much like BF 1 it will be too late . Sales will die just like in BF1 . What a horrible business strategy .
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought that this was really funny ...

Apparently going for a ride on a tractor is a big deal!!

https://i.redd.it/q38kftb49pa21.jpg
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Yes private or custom servers are possibly coming and we should be asking them to be provided for free not RSP.

Go look at the top 10 games on steam charts and tell me how many of them have 3rd party servers. ??

Those days are over for AAA titles because you can't be trusted with them. Ask yourself this .... If you had admin control in the game, and the squad leader in your squad who is a random was not deploying the V2. How long would you give him to deploy before moving him to the other team or just kicking him so you could drop the V2 ????

BF has always had community servers and it's an expected feature. It's also one of the reasons why my community has chosen BF. If there wont be any, it's time to look other title for the future game.
    What comes to your question: " How long would you give him to deploy before moving him to the other team or just kicking him so you could drop the V2 ????" as an admin, I would not move or kick him of course not but as a player I could notify him to use V2.