Heh.... When will this community be happy?

Comments

• smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a toxic forum filled almost exclusively with negativity. Theres very little positive discussion pertaining to the game. Theres really only 4 or 5 different topics repeated over and over again. Theres exceptions of course but that's mainly what this forum is all about.

Negativity probably means something...

negativity mean something to an extent but how far the community takes it is absurd.
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Nobody asked for the killcam to be changed.

Not true ... lots of requests for that.

Also as "compensation" for the insane fast TTD, lots of players had no clue from where they were shot from and now they know.

Funny part is, it now is even more clear the TTD and Netcode are broken like crazy, the new kill cam shows that even more clearer.

That's why you scope with recon and if you stick to your squad you will get a revive. I don't care where the enemy is to be honest. Half the time I spawn so far away it makes no sense knowing or even knowing what weapon killed me. The surprise adds to the difficulty which keeps people playing longer. Now DICE are making an arcade style shooter.
  • NLBartmaN
    3054 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's why you scope with recon and if you stick to your squad you will get a revive. I don't care where the enemy is to be honest. Half the time I spawn so far away it makes no sense knowing or even knowing what weapon killed me. The surprise adds to the difficulty which keeps people playing longer. Now DICE are making an arcade style shooter.

Getting instantly killed by campers and not knowing what killed you is a big reason why people quit the game ... a Killcam needs to be in a FPS like BF.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I recall people asking for the kill cam to work more. Not zoom crazy close and have the camera follow them to the point where I almost get a headache watching it. Zooming in on low rez textures. Terrible.

I recall people asking for more consistant footsteps so people aren't right behind you and you didn't hear them. They didn't ask for footstep volume to be the same whether you're 3m away or 15m away so it's disorienting.

People want patches to fix things, not break them. The revive counter bug is unacceptable.

Why are we the beta testers after paying full price for the game?
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Getting instantly killed by campers and not knowing what killed you is a big reason why people quit the game ... a Killcam needs to be in a FPS like BF.

BFV was designed to be closer to real life. And in a real life war, people take cover. With a killcam DICE should just make colorful cartoon style graphics to go along with the killcam as well too.
  • NLBartmaN
    3054 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

BFV was designed to be closer to real life. And in a real life war, people take cover. With a killcam DICE should just make colorful cartoon style graphics to go along with the killcam as well too.

In real life, everyone would know were a soldier shooting was at, but with the poor sound and insane TTD in BF V that does not work ...

The Killcam is very much needed!

Soldiers need to reposition after a Kill or get killed, just like in real life.
  • thebossman2202
    372 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys ever heard of Logic the rapper? Here's a verse Im just gonna leave here.

"Fans want what they want how they want it when they want it"

Thats just the case for communitys man
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feedback will generally be negative because those with no complaints are either busy enjoying the game, or don't play it anymore but aren't BF fans who feel let down.

Most of the negativity is justified. The game is riddled with bugs, have finished features and bizarre choices. However, what rankles many people is the fact that this has happened so many times in the past that they've lost their patience. It's easy to become jaded and cynical when you keep buying stuff that just doesn't work and is half finished, but repeats the same mistakes made so many times before.

People are angry. They bought a game which was half finished and broken, then watched it go on sale 4 days later. 3 months later and non of the big issues have been tackled, but don't worry, you can drive a tractor next week!
  • Gianshopao
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thats because this forum is filled with noobs and children. Have you notice people post here as if its their diary or something? They post the most insignificant garbage. I understand fixing real issues like bugs and actual problems with the game such as balance and content but the more I lurk around here the more i notice that most of the people here really dont know how to play this game.
  • ThePhasmid
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    I'm happy with about 80 percent of the changes. Hell, when I go back to BF1, BF IV, and BF III, I actually find myself pressing the default "C" button to instantly restore health. I love the fact that you don't have to wait forever for the automatic health refill (a relic of COD style nonsense). I also subconsciously search for crates despite having tons of ammo left. It's just the **** that happens between the time of death and revive/respawn that rubs me the wrong way. I am clearly not alone with this. Many people have been vocal about it since day one, and it surprises me DICE remains adamant to keep it the way it is. Those 10-15 seconds don't feel intuitive like previous BF games. Seriously detracts from the tactical elements. If they fix this one TTD/TTK issue, this will honestly one of my favorite BF games (in terms of infantry gameplay).
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 16
    Ya all ask for buffs, dice gives buffs... But ya all ain't ever happy about anything they do. I am having fun with the new patch. It actually reminds me closer to the betas gun game

Your question is flawed, this community is never once the same entity, members come and go, people change their opinions over time and opinions expressed aren't always well worded or misinterpreted on the other end. Long answer short; Never.

I'm quite happy to be on a break, I'd love for this game to appeal to me, so far nothing about it does but I do like the drama.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When the community asked for louder footsteps, i doubt they thought dice would go and pop a lucio ultimate on us.
  • aseveredfoot
    2445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    They won't ever be happy. I just posted the same sentiment in the stickied update discussion thread. This community is literally divided when it comes to every conceivable facet of the game.

We have dozens upon dozens of people incessantly making requests for changes, and when some of those changes are implemented we then get dozens and dozens of people saying the changes are bad or that THEY never asked for such changes.

At this point I'm honestly surprised DICE hasn't stopped this nonsensical "change the game based on what the community is crying about" way of going about things. They can't implement a single requested change without there being some extent of backlash.

The best part is, so many people will call you a sheep or a fanboy if you happen to utter this sentiment. No matter how long you've been with the franchise or been reading the forums, you're apparently just a nut-hugger if you call the community out for being hypocritical and confused.

Also contrarily you get told you're mad becuz bad if you don't like something about the game. I think I'm pretty fair in judging things that I need to work on improving at vs. things I think that should be adjusted and I'm very against ****-talking the devs. I've pulled a 2.24 (or something) KD with a sorta ok spm and I'm always after flags so it bugs me that the "mad becuz bad" automatic response exists.

But anyway I firmly blame the salty communities for a lot of things wrong on gaming as a whole. The devs are having a rough go here and I have plenty of complaints but I'm not gonna raise hell on social media because of them.

I LOVED the beta. I was sad when it was over because I never got frustrated playing it. I liked I had to think a lot more due to ammo shortages. I liked the feeling of danger. But people complained about the whole attrition system and now I think the game is an arcade shooter with a tiny hint of tactical play. I don't really care for it.

Anyway I'm rambling. But I agree that listening to the community probably isn't doing bfv any favors with the meta evolving before you've had a chance to learn it.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    When there are countless threads complaining about how worthless the game's killcam is and incessant nagging for change in that regard, and then those changes are implented, it really portrays the sheer toxicity of the community when those changes are then lambasted as the worst aspect of the patch as a whole, despite DICE essentially doing what large portions of the vocal community asked.

The same happened with, say, the sound volume of footsteps and the Stuka siren. Footsteps volume was one the MOST complained about topics on all platforms of BF social media, now that it's changed there's incessant complainong that they're too loud. A metric boat load of players wanted a louder Stuka siren that mimics the siren in real life (a deafening sound), but now that it's been applied an equally large portion of people are insisting its too loud and desfens you - what a shocker.

It really lends to how split this community is, and how vitriolic they'll be to dice if they don't get exactly what they want or ask for. It's got to be an immensely stressful job to be a game dev in an age where gamers feel like they're entitled to whatever they desire.

Kill cam and sound issues are related to the visibility issues in the game. Instead of addressing that head on, they are beating around the bush tweaking things like making the kill cam zoom and raising the overall sound by 150%...