Weekly Debrief

Heh.... When will this community be happy?

Comments

• Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ya all ask for buffs, dice gives buffs... But ya all ain't ever happy about anything they do. I am having fun with the new patch. It actually reminds me closer to the betas gun game

Just the lack of, Hardcore, weapons, maps( good design), netcode, , but naa, i'll take a kill cam over all of that.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing that BFV made clear for me is that BF needs normal and hardcore servers because these two groups of players will rarely agree on anything.

No matter what the devs do there will always be some people that hate the changes and others that like them and the only thing this brings to these forums is more negativity because people are always fighting over the most ridiculous stuff.

Like @Loqtrall said, everybody is so divided on almost every aspect of the game there's just no way for the devs to change anything without making a portion of this 'community' mad. Rare are the people that have the same vision of what Battlefield should be.

We all have different expectations when it comes to Battlefield and I think that's probably normal for a franchise that's been with us for so long.

Instead of trying to enjoy this game for what it is, some people want a return to BF2, others would like something like BFBC, some players want another BF3, BF4 and the rest want something closer to BF1 because these are the games that made them fall in love with Battlefield in the first place or that they loved the most in the entire franchise.

While I don't like every Battlefield game, one thing I respect from DICE is that every once in a while the devs are not afraid to try something new. Sadly, whatever it is, everytime the devs change something they run the risk of pissing off a portion of this community and I think that the overwhelming negativity that we see on these forums is proof of that.

At this point I also think that DICE should just make the games that they want to make and if people are not happy with them they can just leave and go play something else. That's what I did with BF1 and I didn't waste my time complaining about it on these forums, I just accepted the fact that I didn't like certain aspects of the game and moved on and I think that a lot of people here should probably do the same with BFV. Believe me, I speak from experience, you'll be much happier.

Just to be clear, I know that a lot of players come here to voice legitimate concerns but it's usually done in a way that's not really productive and that's a shame.

Call me a fanboy or whatever other excuse you can find to dismiss what I just said but after 7 years on these forum the only thing I have left to say is that, if that's how players are going to react to every change that DICE makes, I honestly don't know if I want to be a part of this community anymore. This place is pathetic!

This x18,000
  • Bamsmacked
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    The community is never happy because Dice/EA can't make a game right.

One step forward, 11 step back. Every. Single. Battlefield title.

Learn from your mistakes of previous installments and build on it.

It's actually pathetic that as long as Dice as been around we still continue to experience the same "legacy" bugs and problems that we should haven't to experience because Dice has had years to correct it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bamsmacked wrote: »

It's actually pathetic that as long as Dice as been around we still continue to experience the same "legacy" bugs and problems that we should haven't to experience because Dice has had years to correct it.

And what is "right" may I ask?
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played every BF game since 2142 and I gotta say, if this is the core community - the 'I'm so hardcore' players - well, they annoy the hell out of me. I feel bad for DICE. Yeah they screwed up things in this patch but it doesn't matter if they did or didn't - we'd still have the complaints. I think 90% of those complaining about everything the most are the worst at the game, and keep expecting a patch to make them better, like magic.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regular player: BFV is black and white.
    Hardcore player: BFV is white and black.

Fight!
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bamsmacked wrote: »

You damn right!

Like the bug when you can't use the order's wheel, it s been there since battlefield 4.
  • Asalavana
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No company coins-- no weapon upgrades-- not happy
  • G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly when DICE try to "fix" stuff they either go insane on the lever or they try to "fix" one thing by making or changing an other thing to mask the original bug.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When will this community be happy?

When people stop selecting recon.
    When blueberry medics stop running over my body.
    just kidding! :)
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ya all ask for buffs, dice gives buffs... But ya all ain't ever happy about anything they do. I am having fun with the new patch. It actually reminds me closer to the betas gun game

Your question is flawed, this community is never once the same entity, members come and go, people change their opinions over time and opinions expressed aren't always well worded or misinterpreted on the other end. Long answer short; Never.

I'm quite happy to be on a break, I'd love for this game to appeal to me, so far nothing about it does but I do like the drama.

Was it a question? Or was it an opinion of observation? Hmm, I may never know :)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There are a lot of folks who love to complain, and will react to petty issue with a level of theatrical suffering that is really something to see. As I pointed out in another thread, with a little scrolling you can read threads about how DICE hates Medics, DICE hates Recons, DICE hates Supports, and of course hates tankers and pilots too--apparently it's only a matter of time until we can read about how DICE hates Assaults and the circle will have closed.

On the other hand, DICE sometimes makes blunders so annoying that some of the unhappiness is understandable. We asked them to make footsteps a little bit louder--instead they made it sound like we're wearing iron boots and stomping around on a floor covered in lightbulbs and potato chips. An opponent walking 20 or 30 meters away sounds like he's right beside you. In classic DICE fashion they a) over-reacted, b) went too far with a change, and c) didn't test it enough to realize what they had done or decided to release it anyway in hopes players would accept it.

There used to be a Community Test Environment where these changes could be tried out and dedicated players could provide feedback before the patch went live and was installed in the retail release. They got rid of that, and this is the result, a change they're probably going to have to roll back or modify because it seems to be unpopular with most players. Will DICE ever learn?
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How can one defend a Developers that even cant follow basic common ground that is normal for FPS shooter for a decade like switching teams/players after a round ?
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »

Just the lack of, Hardcore, weapons, maps( good design), netcode, , but naa, i'll take a kill cam over all of that.

I can see why hardcore has been left out. Maybe you will too in time. But, the reason is gun balance in the game. Well, it's not balanced. Can you imagine hardcore at this current state of the game? I remember in bf1 hardcore there was only one broken /OP gun .. that was the RSC. Being a one hit kill self-loading. That was fair. This game if they implimented the same settings (200% damage) there would be at least 7 to 13 guns with a 1 hit kill.. the whole mode would just end up being trash.
  • smokintom214
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    How can one defend a Developers that even cant follow basic common ground that is normal for FPS shooter for a decade like switching teams/players after a round ?

This thread isn't about defending the devs lol
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    This is a toxic forum filled almost exclusively with negativity. Theres very little positive discussion pertaining to the game. Theres really only 4 or 5 different topics repeated over and over again. Theres exceptions of course but that's mainly what this forum is all about.

Negativity probably means something...

Not when it involves literally every facet of the game, regardless of whether said facet is legitimately broken or not.

When there are countless threads complaining about how worthless the game's killcam is and incessant nagging for change in that regard, and then those changes are implented, it really portrays the sheer toxicity of the community when those changes are then lambasted as the worst aspect of the patch as a whole, despite DICE essentially doing what large portions of the vocal community asked.

The same happened with, say, the sound volume of footsteps and the Stuka siren. Footsteps volume was one the MOST complained about topics on all platforms of BF social media, now that it's changed there's incessant complainong that they're too loud. A metric boat load of players wanted a louder Stuka siren that mimics the siren in real life (a deafening sound), but now that it's been applied an equally large portion of people are insisting its too loud and desfens you - what a shocker.

It really lends to how split this community is, and how vitriolic they'll be to dice if they don't get exactly what they want or ask for. It's got to be an immensely stressful job to be a game dev in an age where gamers feel like they're entitled to whatever they desire.

Let me point out one issue, namely that when DICE devs admit that some feature or some change in the game hasn't worked like they wanted it to, then maybe some player complaints are justified. Apparently that is the case with the kill cam change. It's a non-issue for me but it seems some devs have already admitted to it not working like they thought it would, or so say the folks who follow them on Twitter and elsewhere.

I entirely agree that this forum is full of near-hysterical whiners, I can understand the devs not wanting to spend much time here for that reason. But occasionally there are things they need to hear, e.g. the change to the sound of footsteps was so heavy-handed that IMO it has had a negative impact on the game. Yes, people asked for a change, but it would be unreasonable to think they asked for this change. DICE has done this as long as I've played BF, they over-react, they go too far, then they end up having to fix the fix because it made things worse. On this issue the comments don't seem to be evenly split, it looks like a strong majority are not happy with the change, so maybe in this case we have an example of DICE doing something most players do not like.

We used to have a CTE where these patches could be tested before going live. It's hard for me to believe they seriously tested the footstep audio change, it's so over the top that I just can't see them not realizing they had gone too far if any significant testing had been done. I'd like to see the CTE come back, maybe it will catch some problems before they make it to the game.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps when the game is in a state that's remotely acceptable?
  • PanamaLado
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They won't ever be happy. I just posted the same sentiment in the stickied update discussion thread. This community is literally divided when it comes to every conceivable facet of the game.

We have dozens upon dozens of people incessantly making requests for changes, and when some of those changes are implemented we then get dozens and dozens of people saying the changes are bad or that THEY never asked for such changes.

At this point I'm honestly surprised DICE hasn't stopped this nonsensical "change the game based on what the community is crying about" way of going about things. They can't implement a single requested change without there being some extent of backlash.

Well, this is because the game is pretty unfinished and bugged from the very start and people did pay a lot of money for an unfinished product. Dice promised fixes and creates new bugs or worse, does not even fix it. We all know and we can live with a few bugs, but this ammount here affects the gameplay much more than in any other BFs. This is why! They did a crappy job! We had negatives in every BF Game Forum so far, but BF5 is worst, bacause the game is!
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    They should just release a BF3 remaster with updated netcode and movement system, while also implementing those deadzone and acceleration sliders.

We would have a far more popular, polished, content full and fun game than whatever we have now.

• ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They won't ever be happy. I just posted the same sentiment in the stickied update discussion thread. This community is literally divided when it comes to every conceivable facet of the game.

We have dozens upon dozens of people incessantly making requests for changes, and when some of those changes are implemented we then get dozens and dozens of people saying the changes are bad or that THEY never asked for such changes.

At this point I'm honestly surprised DICE hasn't stopped this nonsensical "change the game based on what the community is crying about" way of going about things. They can't implement a single requested change without there being some extent of backlash.

Community: Dice, change the thing!
    Dice: Alright, the thing is changed!
    Community: REEEEEEE! We've never asked for such change! Revert it back!
    Dice: We'll do our best to make it right next time.
    Community: REEEEEEE! You're not listening to us! Fools! The worst game ever!

And the cycle goes on and on.

This.

Between the people who whinge nonstop and the devs who actually listen to them it’s really taking the franchise to a strange place. I wish people wouldn’t complain so much, though plenty of complaints are logical and should be voiced. I also wish dice would just say screw the community and make a game the way they want to make a game. Hate it? Too bad

This.

DICE obviously had a vision for their game, they should just grow a pair and make it the way they want.

All I ask for is a polished, bug free game.

I actually hate the last patch because it made the game more unstable for me. I can't believe I still can't run this game in DX12 without it constantly crashing every 5 mins or that I still suffer through micro-stutters when playing in DX11. Or how about that horrible netcode? These are the real issues that will make me drop the game if they're not fixed soon.