Is this really Possible!?

EXILE157
214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it true that someone with XBox One (( Gameshare )) account, can go log into a friend or brother's Xbox One console and share the same account, making it possible for 2 players to play BFV online at the same time under the same account???

From what I'm being told, I can't believe this is true?

Comments

• MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    yeah, just have the account(that owns the game)logged into on the non home xbox and you can play at the same time someone is on the home xbox. You can gameshare xbox live gold and the game pass too plus all the digital games owned by the account.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yes it's a perk to buying digital. I game share with my brother we. buy everything digital. ea access and games pass shares too as well as gold membership. there's some nuance to the way you do it. what im describing is different from what the op is about. so you can do what im describing and still logg into any other xbox and do what's described in the op. also understand you can have like ten people game share with you and you don't have to game share back. one account can only game share with one other person at a time.
  • KarlosFantano
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    full951 wrote: »
    yes it's a perk to buying digital. I game share with my brother we. buy everything digital. ea access and games pass shares too as well as gold membership. there's some nuance to the way you do it. what im describing is different from what the op is about. so you can do what im describing and still logg into any other xbox and do what's described in the op. also understand you can have like ten people game share with you and you don't have to game share back. one account can only game share with one other person at a time.

So your saying that me and my pal who gameshare and just split the cost halfs(last 2yrs) and we could of done this with gold instead of me and him both paying separate for the year? or you meaning you and your brother share 1 console?
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So your saying that me and my pal who gameshare and just split the cost halfs(last 2yrs) and we could of done this with gold instead of me and him both paying separate for the year? or you meaning you and your brother share 1 console?

Gold benefits transfer to both Xboxes. I do this at home, I pay for gold on my account (and my Xbox) while my account is also on my wifes Xbox (it's set to the home Xbox) and she gets to use gold for her account.

It apparently also applies to all profiles on your Xbox. I created an account for my daughter on my Xbox thinking we would keep it as a silver account but she's able to play online on her account. Not terribly happy about it because we discovered this when she started playing Sea Of Thieves without us knowing it, but I'll take the savings of not having to pay for more gold accounts in the future.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be clear though, when gamesharing, there needs to be 2 Xbox accounts and two consoles. When using one console, you can have multiple accounts on that Xbox benefit from Xbox live gold on one account associated with that Xbox per DarkestHour's post. But for two people to play simulteaneously using the gameshare option, you need two Xbox's and two accounts, but just one has to own the digital copy. Then you just follow the gameshare instructions and you're good to go. Please note when gamesharing, often only the purchaser of the game gets the pre-order exclusives, ect. But both accounts will be able to play the full game with no limitations to mainstream content.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    This is one of those sweet perks for which Microsoft doesn’t get enough credit. My brother and nephew do this. Does Sony have an option like this, too?
  • sabersun
    68 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crazy. Didn't know this is possible.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun wrote: »
    Crazy. Didn't know this is possible.

As Mishkin put, it is a boon Microsoft rarely gets the praise it deserves for. But I caution people to make sure of the person you want to gameshare with (for people just finding out about gameshare). Remember this person has ALL of you Xbox account information and is able to use whatver credit card you have on file if they choose. Gameshare was developed for families in order to help reduce the costs within a home with multiple gamers. A wonderful idea. But as is always with the case with humans, we will always find a way to take advantage of a good thing and turn a positive into a negative. So just be sure the person you gameshare with is someone you trust without reservation. Help keep gamesharing a positive for gamers by protecting yourself with good decisions if you choose this option. :)
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15

nope. I live at my house and he lives at his house. two xbox ones. we both play online multilayer at the same time. we both pay for Xbox live gold but I've been told by lots of people that only one person needs it for both of you to play online.
  • full951
    it's true about the pre order perks not sharing. but all dlc & season passes share
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I have 2 xboxes in mt house and I gameshare everything between them. 1 gold covers both and all the digitals transfer. Just be aware that the owner of the items(gold,games) must be logged into the no "home" home xbox, but just logging in any other account at the same time as the owner on the non home with transfer all of the items to it.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is what Microsoft wanted to do upon Xbox one release but everyone crapped a brick about the log on and check in to ensure licensing if the game.

They ditched it and brought it back and everyone praises them.

I wish they never abandoned their original vision.
  • EXILE157
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I'm trying to get answered is this -

If you have a (BFV Account) with your own (GUID Name) and you decide to GameShare with your brother, How can your brother play your (BFV Account) game at the same time as you with a different (GUID Name)...???....How is that even possible???

You're buying a $60 - $80 ((Single Player)) Multiplayer Game, but it can be used by (2 Players at the same time) because of GameShare???

It doesn't make sense to me?

I was told that by a friend and I wan't to make sure he isn't lying about it.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 wrote: »

If you have a (BFV Account) with your own (GUID Name) and you decide to GameShare with your brother, How can your brother play your (BFV Account) game at the same time as you with a different (GUID Name)...???....How is that even possible???

You're buying a $60 - $80 ((Single Player)) Multiplayer Game, but it can be used by (2 Players at the same time) because of GameShare???

The second player still has to have all their own accounts, they just get to use the license to the game through gameshare.
  • Aflag666

You should be able to look up how to on YouTube, ect. But Gameshare is a thing. You need two Xbox consoles and two Xbox accounts. Then you can have both Xbox accounts benefitting from a single digital purchase. I know quite a few families that use it to keep the cost of gaming down in their households without everyone having to use one profile.
  • EXILE157

The second player still has to have all their own accounts, they just get to use the license to the game through gameshare.
    Aflag666 wrote: »

You should be able to look up how to on YouTube, ect. But Gameshare is a thing. You need two Xbox consoles and two Xbox accounts. Then you can have both Xbox accounts benefitting from a single digital purchase. I know quite a few families that use it to keep the cost of gaming down in their households without everyone having to use one profile.
    How is that possible for a game that’s designed as (( Single Player Multiplayer )) be able to be (( played by 2 simultaneously ))??

Again, I can understand that you can share games, but to have (( 2 people simultaneously )) play a ((single multiplayer online game))

It’s like a (key generating hack)

( 1 BFV Account with 1 GUID Name ) can be used by (((2 simultaneously))) and the 2nd person can create his own unique GUID Name, under that same (1 BFV EA/DICE account)

That’s interestingly insane how EA/DICE as greedy they are allowing themselves to lose Millions and at the same time it’s unfair to those that have purchased a copy of BFV for each individual in order to play together online.

Where now I’m learning that you can just buy (1 copy per 2 people) thanx to GameShare.

I’m still baffled by this (Buy 1 BFV Single Player Online Multiplayer Game) and magically create a free “Clone Copy” for the next person with his own GUID Account Name.

I always thought (both party) has to have their own physical or digital copy in their system.
  • DarkestHour138

How is that possible for a game that’s designed as (( Single Player Multiplayer )) be able to be (( played by 2 simultaneously ))??

Again, I can understand that you can share games, but to have (( 2 people simultaneously )) play a ((single multiplayer online game))

( 1 BFV Account with 1 GUID Name ) can be used by (((2 simultaneously))) and the 2nd person can create his own unique GUID Name, under that same (1 BFV EA/DICE account)

That’s interestingly insane how EA/DICE as greedy they are allowing themselves to lose Millions and at the same time it’s unfair to those that have purchased a copy of BFV for each individual in order to play together online.

Where now I’m learning that you can just buy (1 copy per 2 people) thanx to GameShare.

I’m still baffled by this (Buy 1 BFV Single Player Online Multiplayer Game) and magically create a free “Clone Copy” for the next person with his own GUID Account Name.

I always thought (both party) has to have their own physical or digital copy in their system.

And to add on top of that, EA Access works on both machines also. You can't download the app on to the second machine as it will ask for you to sign into your account, but the second person can go to the game hub of the EA Access game and download directly from there without getting charged.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It does seem like a hack, but it’s totally legit.

My brother and nephew gameshare this way. My brother downloads the digital on his Xbox, and my nephew has acccess to it also.

My brother always gets POed, though, when my nephew runs out and buys a physical copy or downloads a game with M$ on his own system on a whim.

• Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone else confused as to why this guy is making such a huge deal over game sharing? Its been a thing for a long time. Its a great benefit of buying digitally.

If you dont have enough information in this thread, just google game sharing. I dont see the problem here.
  • LithosMike
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it's great for a household with more than 1 Xbox, but it's not some magical game copy cloning system.

You own two licenses for each game. One is attached to your home xbox and can be accessed by anyone using that Home Xbox, and the second is attached to your Xbox Live Gold Account. Both can be used separately or simultaneously.

Remember, you can't change your account's Home Xbox more than twice in a year. I think it's twice, maybe three times.