What is the worst bug(s) you can remember from any BF title (Including BF V)

Astr0damus
2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • For me, it was BF Bad Company (2?) on certain places like the rock on Par for the Course where people could shoot out from under the rock but you could not shoot them.. or the other map on Bad Company where one could jump inside the corner of that building on the Oriental map and shoot out but could not be shot. And other places where one could go under the map and shoot up at people capping a flag and the person under the map could not be killed.
  • The second worst bug was when AT mines disappeared after death (BF 3) but it was eventually fixed.

The following are in no particular order:
  • BF V: Go to revive downed teammate (standing on top of their body) and either swap weapons or reload your own weapon instead
  • Spawn on dead squadmate (numerous titles)
  • Skip reload animation for quick reload (BF 3?)
  • Hit teammate in face with glowing dart so they can't see for 2 minutes (BF 3)
  • Spawn on the end of a Cavalry lance (BF 1)
  • Try to spawn on flag, instead spawn at home base (BF 3)
  • BF 1: Flying in a plane when round ended caused one to fly out of bounds and get extra death.
  • BF V: SL can be stolen when order has already been given (this is left over bug from BF 1)
  • BF V: SL cannot mark all objectives.. seems like only the central flags can be marked.
  • Message board: Posts/Threads disappear after editing (EA forums)

What else ya got?

Comments

• SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    There's plenty to choose from but right now, the bugs in this gmae that are getting on my nerves are the spawn issues, freeze then crash/disconnect issues and not being able to change assignments or perks in game.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Update:
    The bug in BF V where suddenly for no reason your kit has a Ruby pistol instead of 1911, a scout knife instead of Kukuri, and a pistol grenade launcher(?) instead of AP mines. This is a rather annoying one. Good thing it only happens once every couple of days.
    Edit: XBOXONE
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't know where youre getting that SL cant mark objs. Im SL 99% of time and never had an issue.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me, the most disruptive and constant bug I've had to deal with was the Stutter Bug brought on with BF1's TUTI DLC (I think? Maybe it was APOC instead)

An odd bug that if you had already completed certain tasks to unlock weapons, it broke something about the game, and each and EVERY time you did ANYTHING that got you points (spotting, shooting enemies, vehicle destroys, any second spent capping an objective) your screen/display would de-sync from what was actually happening in the game.

It was every game mode, all servers, even the vanilla game wasn't saved. And since it happened EVERY TIME you got any points at all, for me it was the most "up in your face" while also being the most disruptive since it actually affected what you're trying to accomplish in the game.
  • FocalCapybara34
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4 rubber banding
  • Astr0damus
    edited January 17
    Indigology wrote: »
    I really don't know where youre getting that SL cant mark objs. Im SL 99% of time and never had an issue.

Hi... It would be more helpful if you stated whether you play on XBOXONE, PS4 or PC (or mobile device) :)

PS: I'm not making it up.. I suppose I could post a video of me struggling but it won't show whether I'm clicking the button or just hovering. Can anyone else confirm or deny who uses XBOX?
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    731 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M26 DART. need I say more?
  • Borg_QC
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 black screen & freezing Xbox 360 most of the time at its beginnings...

BF4 rubber banding, the bad netcode of BF4...
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Day 1 bf4. Cant even call out a bug because I couldnt play for about 3 weeks.
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Indigology wrote: »

Hi... It would be more helpful if you stated whether you play on XBOXONE, PS4 or PC (or mobile device) :)

PS: I'm not making it up.. I suppose I could post a video of me struggling but it won't show whether I'm clicking the button or just hovering. Can anyone else confirm or deny who uses XBOX?

I am on xbox. Not one problem, ever.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The freshest ones in my mind are the broken TTD in BFV and the no Company Coin bug. Totally ruins any kind of enjoyment when you're dying instantly and then get no reward afterward to top it off.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Day 1 bf4. Cant even call out a bug because I couldnt play for about 3 weeks.

BF4 was insane on release, there where so many gamebreaking bugs...
    Like when certain levolution effects got triggered, the server would crash or game crash on map change, infinite loading screens, etc....

Always makes me laugh when people say that "BFV IS BROKEN" and "BF4 WAS SO MUCH BETTER".
  • SirSpectacle
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Spawning a tank in BF1 with no guns at all.
  • BigAulTitties
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf3 invisible glitch..

Get killed, and when you were revived, before accepting it and still laying prone get killed by a grenade. You would be invisible with full functionality of your guns etc, and no one could see you.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does saying "BF4 launch" count as a single bug, or do I need to mention everyone of them?
    Because there are far more than there can ever be in BFV :D
  • PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M26 DART. need I say more?

This was awesome.

The worst for me was every time you loaded up Dawnbreaker in BF4 the whole server crashed.

Or people getting in the floor and ceiling of Operation Metro in BF3 and able to shoot into B flag, but not be shot.
  • Astr0damus
    The freshest ones in my mind are the broken TTD in BFV and the no Company Coin bug. Totally ruins any kind of enjoyment when you're dying instantly and then get no reward afterward to top it off.

Your reward is in heaven.
  • Astr0damus
    Spawning a tank in BF1 with no guns at all.

Yes, that and the part where you had to quickly spawn in a bland tank.. if you took 10 seconds to apply your particular loadout/skin you missed the chance at getting the tank (not really a bug I suppose, but just bad design)
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    MAV riding and OHK collisions in BF3
  • Astr0damus
    alienstout wrote: »
    MAV riding and OHK collisions in BF3

I think it was pretty awful how you could be going 99 mph toward a Soldier standing in a field and if he shoots an RPG at your jeep, even 2 feet away from his body the jeep just defied physics and disintegrated leaving the Soldier standing there unscathed.

But the Jihad Jeep was a pretty fun tactic to use.