Weekly BF

Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update & Update Notes

Comments

• T_Green1971
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also, if you do flank a group and start killing them, if any are in a 'talking' squad your location will be communicated ASAP... Advantage lost.
  • Goldensn1per
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    The KillCam changes suck hard... It is way to much detailed. No more sneaking and finding good spot..
    It was perfect before.. it was in between hardcore and normal.. You could have an idea where you die from without knowning exactly.. Moreover it is a global scale war.. you dont always know where you die from..
    Chat looks broken indeed.
    Steps change is OK.

Well I go play Squad until the KillCam is fixed, I dont buy a battlefield to play a Call of Duty..
  • DblDutchVDB
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I think you have really done it now. I really have wasted £65 on a game which really looked cool. But,... the women in it, the S10 looking respirators, the uniforms that look alike on both sides, the constant hacking reported and nothing gets done about it, the request of private servers ignored falling on death ears, the nerfing of stuff when they don't even know the mechanics them selves. And that is but a few things gone wrong. It pains me to say but EA you suck and I mean SUCK!!! Get your **** together and listen to your clients, not the hacker but the down to earth members. Stop wanting to make money because it ain't working. I am still playing because you are the only company with the game type, games with second world war material and destructible environment, the real feel (well that is what I thought). What i can't get my head around is, why have a real proper 2nd WW feel, with some real facts and honouring the fallen in the single player,.... and then destroying it by doing all the above. And by the way, there were no women in the front line in those days, maybe in the underground and resistance, i agree there but in the game the way you done?... really!!!? I know its a game, but come on!!! Sort it out please. Thank you.
  • r8c3fan
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kill cam is absolutely horrible, the way it was was perfect. If you play the game the way intended your squad mates killed whoever killed you and revived you. Now you might as well make me glow after I kill someone. Ridiculous if the killcam stays I'm trashing the game.
  • MarkyPancake
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've put many hours into this since early access and this new update has made it terrible to play. So many little tweaks that the gunplay now feels off and new bugs.

This really is the Battlefront 2 of the Battlefield series. I had more fun playing Hardline.

Such a shame, as Battlefield was my go-to multiplayer experience
  • bodkelly2
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Wow dice what have you done,;

Kill cam now awfull , why not just stick a big arrow on your killers head

Ambient sound so load and confusing there's no chance of listening for who is close, just a mess of noise from all directions

Tried a dozen local UK servers over 3 days all laggy and rubber banding

Have all the bipods been nerfedd now seem to bounce around all over the place

Ttk , a full clip to kill someone with smg
    unless headshot

Please reverse the last patch

Ps all just my thoughts, others may live it
  • Goldensn1per
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    I really like how it was.. And was waiting to pay extra to have some cometic things but improve my camouflage now this Killcam is ruining the game..
    Put it back how it was... even with the old killcam, you can not stay hidden/camping forever.. it can be easy countered : A scope of a recon in that direction and you are marked.. No need of this ghost non-sense to unbalance the game.

I am sure you will not put back.. and probably do something in between.. but I am sure it will not be enough.. Well you lost a good Veteran player that was advertising the game around..
    And I think I am not the only one..
  • bodkelly2
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's actually made my game a lot worse.

Footsteps are now coming from everywhere and all at the same volume, I can't tell if enemies are getting closer or further away as the volume seems constant.

In regard to the TTD it's had the opposite effect, on PS4 insta deaths are far more numerous for me now.

My team mates and enemy avatars keep stuttering and then teleporting to a new position.

The hit reg is indicating I've been hit through cover, in this case the cover was the side of a mountain on Fjell.

I checked the 'Ping' in all my games where I experienced these issues and it was solid for myself and the other players in game.

Does anyone know if reinstalling the game might fix some of these issues?

I ve unistalled for now, this patch has completely peeeed me of with the game it now plays like a beta. Going to leave bfv for next week to see if it settles down. Hate to say it but back to cod ww2 for a stable gameplay that doesn't take 10 min to load up a game. (Sorry for the cod ref mind you ;0)
  • _LIBEERTE_
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dice just stop it!! with every patch game is worser and worser... why are you doing this? who asked you to increase time to spawn(what was done in sooo sneaky way with this "kill cam"), who asked you to play with foot steps(it is so flat now when you are close to enemy - no up/down feeling, no distance)? who asked you to turn off animation on review icon (for sure it is not a bug but another try to increase revive rate), why you changed the bullet registration without explaining- even my character kills now when Im not anymore targeting target(with 30ms ping on my and 50 on the enemy) what also shows your new kill cam as often enemy is already far behind a line of sight when we dies, new fps down spikes- this was not here before the patch, no, no..... we asked for: possibility to have own servers or at least more options regarding map rotations, ticket rates, time limits... possibility to change skins, weapons configurations, tasks during the play... MORE CONTENT, NEW MAPS WITH EPIC HISTORICAL BACKGROUND, new epic weapons... I don't want to play on rotterdam or narvik... where are Stalingrad, Berlin, Omaha, Ardennes? where is WW2 feeling...?

BF3 was the best, not because of the style, but because you and we were a team.

I'm so disappointed.
  • Goldensn1per
    edited January 16
    Even if I always hated the introduction of the scope glint since BF3.. I prefer it to be like it was instead of this unbalanced KillCam..
    What I really love in BF5 was the ability to play Recon as.. Recon.. the 3D spotting OFF, only available in certain conditions..
    I used to find a good recon spot, take my recon scope ( googles, not sure what is the name in the game in english) spot some guys and take my sniper rifle to kill one or 2 before spotting again. It was not easy with the Scope glint but well still manageable if you are accurate and fast. Now with the killcam, you kill one.. and you are done.. Either the game get revived quickly by a medic and take you down, or he respawn and kill you as he knows exactly where you are. I spent a lot of time spotting ( I have litteraly 20% of my play time in spotting scope). And usually when I was focusing the scoping, I was helping the whole team a lot.
    This is so sad to destroy such a good gameplay like that.. :(

One solution to that would to introduce a Hardcore mode but still.. If it is as hard as BF1.. it will become unplayable with only snipers everywhere.. There was a nice balance really.. damm.

Reguarding another change.. I, appraciate the fact that you had put longer range for the trown knifes.. but again this killcam ruins the stealth you could have with it.. Also I think it would be better to re-increase the number ( at least 3?) and reduce the range.. Only 2 is not a lot, especially that you give up the possibility to have a grenade when choosing the knifes.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And who asked them to reduce the damage of the mobile AA against planes ? We asked for reduced damage against other tanks and not being able to fire over the whole map. But now Planes can circle easily above you, not caring at all.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you all not understand that they will not undo these changes they made? They had a goal, to get new players in or old players back that felt they died too often and too quickly (mostly because they were oblivious to their surroundings). So they created a paint by numbers, or the new kill cam. Next will be a voice over saying, "HEY, THE GUY THAT SHOT YOU IS OVER THERE, NO...OVER THERE." And yet you will still start getting players come to the forums or reddit or wherever and complain they still can't figure out why they get killed so quickly and from where....it'll never end.
  • MrM3741h34d
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another thing that is broken and STILL isnt fixed is the whole "The deploy point you selected is no longer available" as well as "The class you have selected is violating server rules" I had to quit several games because of this bs
  • TheMotorizedKiwi
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this chapter NEEDS to be put on hold till the massive bugs are fixed... infinate loading screen, company coins etc. these are game breakers that i dont see how it is fair that the chapters continue without every1 being able to play properly
  • ReFlanaghan
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice does not care at all. they're incompetent and it's a fact.
  • DblDutchVDB
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WOW it seems you have achieved one thing DICE......and that is to **** every one off........ your members. Does that not tell you anything!? I haven't seen any praises to anything you have actually done to the game. As said before, you are listening to the wrong crowed. Don't listen to the hackers..... Again sort your **** out!!! I paid to play a broken game, NOT GOOD. FIX IT!!! Oh, I agree with the guy about the WW2 comments. It seems this game is a modern game dressed up in WW2, kit that didn't even exist in the days of WW2. What can I say...........
  • soot999
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really disappointed with this latest patch, I know u can't please everyone but please ,please someone!! Never had a problem before ever now I'm getting constant lag. The footsteps sounds are way over the top,apparently less noise for stealth play?? Blank loading screens. Why does it have to be a month for bug fixes they should be rolled out weekly. I know we could never really understand the amount of work that goes into these games, that said don't charge full price/(half price after 3 weeks) for a game that's nowhere near where it should have been from the very start . Thanks

• soot999
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    soot999 wrote: »
    Really disappointed with this latest patch, I know u can't please everyone but please ,please someone!! Never had a problem before ever now I'm getting constant lag. The footsteps sounds are way over the top,apparently less noise for stealth play?? Blank loading screens. Why does it have to be a month for bug fixes they should be rolled out weekly. I know we could never really understand the amount of work that goes into these games, that said don't charge full price/(half price after 3 weeks) for a game that's nowhere near where it should have been from the very start . Thanks

Also can we have each day scores added up in grand operations then shown at the end as whole when it's complete.
  • 2Qic
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Holy **** this community is toxic as ****. I blame the internet..... Good job on the patch Dice. Keep it up
  • KwikyKoala
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since the update my gaming experience has gone back to how it was with all the old bugs. TTK/TTD, ammo crates falling through floor, tanks and planes OP again, no coin, game crashing when I open armoury, players using cheats in game.