Heh.... When will this community be happy?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    I am quite content with the changes.
    The only issue that I have is with the MMGs getting a bit too much recoil on prone now.

This.

DICE obviously had a vision for their game, they should just grow a pair and make it the way they want.
    I cringe every time that a game developer (or someone defending them) says they have a vision. Unless it is a pure developer like CDPR, what devs these days have are not "vision" they are (out of touch) brainfarts.
    The "vision" of most devs who use such buzzwords these days is a usually disastrous attempt to innovate by breaking the things that were already working on previous games.
  • BiscuitFrenzy
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I’m pretty happy. I get frustrated when things don’t work, like not tracking assignments, but I don’t want or expect changes in mechanics. I didn’t ask for or particularly mind TKK changes in either direction. I didn’t think the killcam was much use before but hadn’t complained about it, now they’ve fixed it I’m much happier - the slightly annoying dead period in between the killcam and the revive/bleedout screen will be patched eventually.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    They won't ever be happy. I just posted the same sentiment in the stickied update discussion thread. This community is literally divided when it comes to every conceivable facet of the game.

We have dozens upon dozens of people incessantly making requests for changes, and when some of those changes are implemented we then get dozens and dozens of people saying the changes are bad or that THEY never asked for such changes.

At this point I'm honestly surprised DICE hasn't stopped this nonsensical "change the game based on what the community is crying about" way of going about things. They can't implement a single requested change without there being some extent of backlash.

Community: Dice, change the thing!
    Dice: Alright, the thing is changed!
    Community: REEEEEEE! We've never asked for such change! Revert it back!
    Dice: We'll do our best to make it right next time.
    Community: REEEEEEE! You're not listening to us! Fools! The worst game ever!

And the cycle goes on and on.

This.

Between the people who whinge nonstop and the devs who actually listen to them it’s really taking the franchise to a strange place. I wish people wouldn’t complain so much, though plenty of complaints are logical and should be voiced. I also wish dice would just say screw the community and make a game the way they want to make a game. Hate it? Too bad

This.

DICE obviously had a vision for their game, they should just grow a pair and make it the way they want.

All I ask for is a polished, bug free game.

I actually hate the last patch because it made the game more unstable for me. I can't believe I still can't run this game in DX12 without it constantly crashing every 5 mins or that I still suffer through micro-stutters when playing in DX11. Or how about that horrible netcode? These are the real issues that will make me drop the game if they're not fixed soon.

Too bad that nobody would like their " vision " of a game.
    But as you said its not only about that. When cant get the damn technical basics right like the netcode, you as a Dev are just simply incompetent.
    Same with so many other technical and gameplay issues that were fixed or common in previous games but the Developers act like they never ever knew about them before.
    And this fixing forth and back just happens because they had no red line or basic idea right from the start. They created this game like a child that watches his parents cooking and it copies them by simply throwing everything it gets in its hand into a bowl and mix it around, believing it will create something great like mum and dad.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When? When we get a game that WORKS as advertised.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The only issue that I have is with the MMGs getting a bit too much recoil on prone now.

This.

I cringe every time that a game developer (or someone defending them) says they have a vision. Unless it is a pure developer like CDPR, what devs these days have are not "vision" they are (out of touch) brainfarts.
    The "vision" of most devs who use such buzzwords these days is a usually disastrous attempt to innovate by breaking the things that were already working on previous games.

A brain fart is trying to change something like the TTK a few in weeks in from launch.

I have no issues if devs want to innovate, in fact I welcome it. I definitely don't want a glorified re-hash of the previous title every 2-3 years.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16

This.

A brain fart is trying to change something like the TTK a few in weeks in from launch.

I have no issues if devs want to innovate, in fact I welcome it. I definitely don't want a glorified re-hash of the previous title every 2-3 years.
    Well I crave every two years for a BF3 re-hash.

Guess what, not a single title that has been released since then has matched its quality. Sometimes I think it was ahead of its time, because for the love of god, this franchise has lost its way.

We had the extremely messy BF4 launch which was not that great of a game (even when they fixed almost everything), a cops and robbers themed BF (wtf), the super casual BF1, now the hardcore-lite BFV which happens to be lacking in content, riddled with bugs and had the worst marketing campaing ever which leads to a quite unpopular failure of an AAA game.

What has happened to Dice? Is this called innovation? More like a regress.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Don't worry, dice have seen all this a billion times before. The community is never 100% happy. Go and browse the old bf3 forums, it was the same old **** back then.
  • SunTzuTactics24
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like alot of people who enjoy the in the bum from corporation's pretty pathetic no matter how crappy of a company or how bad the industry gets on the verge of another gaming crash you still have the same 8 guys licking Ea's boots In every single thread hope your getting paid for your shilling.
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like alot of people who enjoy the in the bum from corporation's pretty pathetic no matter how crappy of a company or how bad the industry gets on the verge of another gaming crash you still have the same 8 guys licking Ea's boots In every single thread hope your getting paid for your shilling.

And as 8f by magic........
  • BtheReaper49
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "When will tis community be happy?" Umm..when they give us a game that we paid $80 of our hard earned money for thst was broken at launch and gets continually worse. That's when we'll be happy...
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll be happy when they revert the audio changes. People who were essentially deaf couldn't hear them. Now to campers its practically ringing the door bell. Audio in general is just borked. Gun fire sounds are a lot harder to pin point.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    "Heh -shut up and be happy"

Your's truly, The forum Goons.

Typical, scummy, EA forum shill behavior.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Some people actually like the game, and are mature enough to understand that the bugs will eventually get fixed. It's the typical, scummy, unemployed 30 year olds who still live in Mummy's basement, that whine and cry about every damn thing Dice does that are the most annoying.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Some people actually like the game, and are mature enough to understand that the bugs will eventually get fixed. It's the typical, scummy, unemployed 30 year olds who still live in Mummy's basement, that whine and cry about every damn thing Dice does that are the most annoying.

Yeah sure " eventually "...Meanwhile every new Patch brings more nasty surprises.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Regular player: BFV is black and white.
    Hardcore player: BFV is white and black.

Fight!

I think it's this in a nutshell. You have BF players, who don't like the direction of this or the last game, as compared to the hardcore enthusiasts, who like the latest iterations.

The divide in the BF Community, to the extent it is now, really did start with BF 1 TTK.20. I never saw it that bad. Now we get to this title, and the same thing happened. TTK too fast, and hardcore like play that turned off half the community, while the other half enjoys it, and don't like the changes traditional in BF games.

I come from the console world, and played BC1 when i was already in my early 40's. I was able to grasp the game, in a way, someone who started playing BF 1942 on a computer, at 10, could not grasp.

And the one big issue that causes the divide, are folks saying BF was always a "tactical hardcore" game, which is just blatantly untrue. What the difference was in BF as my choice, as compared to COD at the time, was BF had better sounding guns, visuals, access to vehicles, and bigger maps. That was it. Not that it was at ALL "hardcore or tactical". It was a casual game in the truest sense.

And so i don't understand these folks, that tell me it's something it never was. Hell, i just had a guy question me on another thread, asking if i was "serious", in that i didn't know what the "Symthic" site was. Well, who in the hell spends their time on that? That's not the average BF gamer. That's the hardcore enthusiasts, who are a very small portion, as compared to the masses who play an hour a day, if that.

So, what DICE has to do, is really dismiss this small but vocal community (the so called 'core community"), and start making BF what it always was. A casual fun game, with great visuals, sounding weapons and the huge maps it was known for.

We see what folks thought of "Hardcore Mode' on past iterations, and had very small playercounts, if not dead within a matter of months.

And if we don't want this game dead within a matter of months, i suggest DICE turn off Reddit, turn off the You Tubers, and start sending out surveys to those who bought this game, in what WE want, because this tact is not, has not worked for them.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Bamsmacked wrote: »
    The community is never happy because Dice/EA can't make a game right.

One step forward, 11 step back. Every. Single. Battlefield title.

Learn from your mistakes of previous installments and build on it.

It's actually pathetic that as long as Dice as been around we still continue to experience the same "legacy" bugs and problems that we should haven't to experience because Dice has had years to correct it.

You damn right!

Like the bug when you can't use the order's wheel, it s been there since battlefield 4.

Well this guy "Indiology" says it doesn't happen (But he failed to mention whether he plays on XBOX, PS4 or PC)

He said:
    Indiology wrote:
    I really don't know where youre getting that SL cant mark objs. Im SL 99% of time and never had an issue.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    I should add that they did get one thing right.. they stopped people from team-switching for the win. They also seemed to fix the lopsided 30 vs 20 servers (where 2 new people join and are put on the team with 30 to fill it up). *whew* that's gone.
  • Hawxxeye
    6355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17

This.

Innovation for the sake of innovation just does not work. It has to be something inspired. In addition one is not supposed to throw away half the things that worked well in the past and people expect.
    Just who though that in a game that makes infantry more mobile than reality the tanks need to be less mobile than reality and that this wont cause problems?
    *and the bullets slower than reality
  • AngryVyper
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, no. This so called community will never be happy.
    There always will be some people that rage when it comes to changes that affect their comfort zone.

Back in the day we had to deal with the self proclaimed true veterans which spoke in the believe that having played BF 1942, Vietnam and 2 made them bearers of a holy truth, when it comes to the question how a real, a true BF shall bee. What in the end resulted in demanding a reskin of the titles they loved.

Nowadays we have to deal with these spoiled snowflakes that go crazy when something changes in their very small comfort zone. Everything is considered a personal attack, an insult, an offense, a micro aggression (Oh, how do I hate that term.) and just happens to hurt them.
    They game has exactly to be how the like it to be or their little narcissistic and selfish egos got hurt too much.

Look at these assault only guys that do not want tanks to be stronger so that they do not endanger their precious k/d and at the same time accusing players that use tank just to care about their k/d.
    Why do such a few players revive? They want either to not endanger their k/d or do not treat other players a good score.

Why do only such a few players do not repair tanks? Either they do not know that the support can do it or they do not treat the tanker his success or want he next spawning tank for them selfs. I tend to believe it is the last two ones.

Despite all bugs and decisions we maybe can considered bad concerning basic aspects of shooter games in general and BF in special (I refer to aspects like, in comparison to cars, it has to have four wheels, instruments, a steering wheel, if it is a sedan, it has to have four doors and a trunk, nowadays it has to have an AC and a radio by default etc. I think you got the picture.) BF V is not a bad shooter game. It serves general needs, unfortunately it lacks some aspects that are expected because they have been there in former titles (Last years model had AC, new models offers it for an extra fee.) and aspects are expected due to the brand. (Who wants a Bavarian car with 3 letters as name to be comfortable? For comfortable you by one with a star on the hood.)
  • Stahlmach
    AngryVyper wrote: »
    Well, no. This so called community will never be happy.
    There always will be some people that rage when it comes to changes that affect their comfort zone.

Back in the day we had to deal with the self proclaimed true veterans which spoke in the believe that having played BF 1942, Vietnam and 2 made them bearers of a holy truth, when it comes to the question how a real, a true BF shall bee. What in the end resulted in demanding a reskin of the titles they loved.

Nowadays we have to deal with these spoiled snowflakes that go crazy when something changes in their very small comfort zone. Everything is considered a personal attack, an insult, an offense, a micro aggression (Oh, how do I hate that term.) and just happens to hurt them.
    They game has exactly to be how the like it to be or their little narcissistic and selfish egos got hurt too much.

Look at these assault only guys that do not want tanks to be stronger so that they do not endanger their precious k/d and at the same time accusing players that use tank just to care about their k/d.
    Why do such a few players revive? They want either to not endanger their k/d or do not treat other players a good score.

Why do only such a few players do not repair tanks? Either they do not know that the support can do it or they do not treat the tanker his success or want he next spawning tank for them selfs. I tend to believe it is the last two ones.

Despite all bugs and decisions we maybe can considered bad concerning basic aspects of shooter games in general and BF in special (I refer to aspects like, in comparison to cars, it has to have four wheels, instruments, a steering wheel, if it is a sedan, it has to have four doors and a trunk, nowadays it has to have an AC and a radio by default etc. I think you got the picture.) BF V is not a bad shooter game. It serves general needs, unfortunately it lacks some aspects that are expected because they have been there in former titles (Last years model had AC, new models offers it for an extra fee.) and aspects are expected due to the brand. (Who wants a Bavarian car with 3 letters as name to be comfortable? For comfortable you by one with a star on the hood.)

Oh if you would only knew the reputation BMW has in Germany. Especially about the owners of the 3er series....