M30 Drilling switch firing modes

Altair68
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
After the patch it's no longer possible to switch firing modes while the reload animation is playing. This really takes away a lot of use from the Drilling if you miss your rifle shot on close range and need to wait for the reload to switch to the other already chambered shots. I didn't read something about this in the changelog so I guess it's a bug of some kind.

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Slightly off topic, but about a week ago, I complained to my squad that I got shot from across the map by a drilling... yeah I forgot about that rifle round.
  • Klavionik
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing today early with the Drilling I briefly noticed that but thought it's just me. Now I see. Great, the list of bugs with the new patch just expanded.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep just played a few rounds. Really affects how versitile the weapon is. Got killed multiple times because I couldn’t switch from rifle to shotgun while reloading.
  • DonCleaveOne
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah noticed this aswell, not liking this at all really ruins the fun of that gun..
  • DonCleaveOne
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been doing quite a few games since my last post and now i have reason to believe that this is a bug since 1 time i could Still change firemode while reloading. Doesnt make sense but my hopes are that this is just bugged
  • AzafTazarden
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, I noticed that as soon as I started playing. It kinda ruins the gun, imo, as you often need that quick change on firing mode to get people close range. I mean, it already has the single most limited fire rate, as it can only shoot 3 times before it needs to be reloaded, and now it barely can shoot 3 times if you're quick enough to change modes before you start reloading. I hope this gets fixed soon, otherwise it's a huge nerf to the Drilling.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Somehow they couldn't fix the pistol switching without breaking the gun.

Another symptom of the rushed patch.

They need to stop going on long holidays while their game is flopping
  • 1tass
    35 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep definitely an issue. I can’t change fire mode while reloading from both modes
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    52 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is that bug still present where if you throw ammo to someone while changing fire modes your weapon goes whack and you can't ads with the gun?
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is that bug still present where if you throw ammo to someone while changing fire modes your weapon goes whack and you can't ads with the gun?

Not sure but I had a game a few days ago where I couldn’t ADS or fire any weapon. I’ll have to rewatch the recording to see if I had tried to throw ammo and switch modes just before it happened.