I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    I don't think EA's manual review system can keep up. BattlEye was banning 1 million cheaters a month. Imagine EA trying to manually review that many accounts per month. Not going to happen.

This is probably why it's taking months to ban a single cheater. EA is probably swamped with reported players and can't keep up.

I recall a tweet or a post on Reddit from a Dev basically saying they don't majorally review. It would take to much man power. This was back in the bf1 days. They said they relied on automation of ff
  • OskooI_007
    707 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I don't think EA's manual review system can keep up. BattlEye was banning 1 million cheaters a month. Imagine EA trying to manually review that many accounts per month. Not going to happen.

This is probably why it's taking months to ban a single cheater. EA is probably swamped with reported players and can't keep up.

I recall a tweet or a post on Reddit from a Dev basically saying they don't majorally review. It would take to much man power. This was back in the bf1 days. They said they relied on automation of ff

I have my doubts about Fairfight auto banning anybody. I'm pretty sure after Fairfight auto banned legit players who went on massive kill streaks with the bomber in BF1, DICE stopped auto banning and switched to manual review.

That's the problem with statistics based anti-cheat systems like FairFight. There's always going to be players scoring outside the norm, and auto bans can't be trusted based purely on stats.

I'm pretty sure the DICE employee simply meant they don't watch YouTube videos because it's too time consuming. Plus, I'm sure EA doesn't want to pay it's employees to sit at their desk and watch YouTube all day.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Majorally? Is that like manually?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No shame.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9nebvk/battlefield_v_reddit_amaa_on_fri_oct_12th_at_9am/e7m013y/?context=0
    danmitre
    Global Community Manager
    10 points
    ·
    3 months ago
    Anti-cheat efforts is of HIGH priority for us. We want the battlefield to be enjoyable and as fair as possible. With every release and update we improve our anti-cheat systems to mitigate against new and existing cheat programs, bots, etc. Battlefield V will have the latest and greatest, and we will continue to dedicate resources to improving throughout Tides of War.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    The above means, "they are going to make a better anti-hack, and the hackers are going to pay for it."
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have my doubts about Fairfight auto banning anybody. I'm pretty sure after Fairfight auto banned legit players who went on massive kill streaks with the bomber in BF1, DICE stopped auto banning and switched to manual review.

That's the problem with statistics based anti-cheat systems like FairFight. There's always going to be players scoring outside the norm, and auto bans can't be trusted based purely on stats.

I'm pretty sure the DICE employee simply meant they don't watch YouTube videos because it's too time consuming. Plus, I'm sure EA doesn't want to pay it's employees to sit at their desk and watch YouTube all day.

I believe it was juju manilov . May have gotten his first name wrong but on Reddit, he comments on the "why did I get banned posts" him and another Dev does so. They aslo review the evidence they say they have.

I'll try to find it if I can but I forgot his Reddit handle.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Dan has a really nice house. Dan has some really nice cars. Dan has a lot of nice toys. Dan has a lot of money.

Dan isn't working hard to ban people that pay for everything he has. Dan is a con man. Dan isn't going to stop lying.

Dan is going to keep on doing what Dan does best.

Grift.

• supamariomite
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 17
    I'm currently playing on a server right now as I'm writing this and there is a guy on the enemy team getting 63 kills to 2 deaths KD as an infantry player on Rotterdam with his friends saying in chat that "he's not hacking, he's just a good player and everyone else is a noob" when he's killing players through walls in 1 shot. Not funny or enjoyable at all. This is why we need an RSP so hackers and their trolling buddies that troll and defend hacking in chat can get banned from servers by real human server admins. Your official Fairfight servers suck **** at detecting hackers.
    Post edited by supamariomite on
  • STOPchris
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm currently playing on a server right now as I'm writing this and there is a guy on the enemy team getting 63 kills to 2 deaths KD as an infantry player on Rotterdam with his friends saying in chat that "he's not hacking, he's just a good player and everyone else is a noob" when he's killing players through walls in 1 shot. Not funny or enjoyable at all. This is why we need an RSP so hackers and their trolling buddies that troll and defend hacking in chat can get banned from servers by real human server admins. Your official Fairfight servers suck **** at detecting hackers.

Levi?
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That is a common misnomer. If you have RSP, sure.. you're going to get that rage hacker. What you're not going to get is the other people who are cheating but not going insane doing it. The solution is not RSP. The solution is for EA/Dice to not be incompetent and implement an effective anti-cheat system.
  • Gizmo180
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's kind of funny to see how many people don't realize that this problem exist. Show proof and they have a rebuttal along the lines of that isn't enough evidence. Sad really.
  • RKB_szarospincsi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped playing because the game sucks in this form. Now I have a new reason... the cheaters.
  • FantaPantz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gizmo180 wrote: »
    It's kind of funny to see how many people don't realize that this problem exist. Show proof and they have a rebuttal along the lines of that isn't enough evidence. Sad really.

A lot of the time there isn't enough evidence. Legit players do get accused of cheating just like plenty of cheaters fly under the radar. Here in lies the problem. There needs to be a much better detection and deterrent in place.
  • amkingchar
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why don't they use any type of program that will kick them from the current server that they are actually playing on?
    Even if they try to go in another server they will be kicked until they realize that if they want to play they need to disable the program that helps them cheat! I think that's more helpful if you don't have to ban somebody for reasons such as (EA) "financial interests", and force them to play as anybody else does!
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    the one on the right went 97-14 over about 15 minutes with an lmg, and the player has a 1.8 kd, so it was very much lower before he started botting. His kd in bf1 is 1.2. So, add up the stat history and the pretty much full on rage bot in the match, that's a cheat. The other 2 are very similar.

For some reason the exact match you posted is not found on Battlefield Tracker, but the preceding and following matches in that Grand Ops are. Whilst I couldn't find the guy you detailed above (perhaps he only joined for that one match), I did find one highly suspicious player. Otherwise there was a couple of skilled players with consistent stats history to more than plausibly explain the perfectly normal scores on those two matches. I repeat, I couldn't check the exact match in question, so I can't speak to any abnormalities there.
    The suspicious player has sub-1 KD and slightly above 0.5 KPM. However, on Aerodrome Breakthrough he went 9 KD at 4 KPM without a single revive. What is most striking though is that he had an over 60 percent headshot hit ratio with the Bren. So for this player, I'm gonna side with Micas.
    I guess we can also put to rest the placebo concept that patches would mean a short calm in cheating. Only those that actually contain some AC measures need reworking cheats. This one clearly didn't.

There were a couple high kill players in that match that did not trip any cheater-sense with me.. so ya, I can tell when somebody is legit good at the game.

That sort of leads into something I get a lot. I get accused of hackusating without any justification other than I'm just mad or something, or because I can't believe there are players better than me.. and on and on. The truth of the matter is that I have a process.. starts with somebody getting too many unusual kills too fast, is very consistent with it, and eventually you can tell by the angle, the constant facing, and the ttd that he's botting, and the rest of the server screaming "cheater!" helps. That's the first bit.. so I go look at stats, look at previous matches, previous incarnations of BF games.. on and on, and generally speaking, you can pretty much say something like "January 1st, 2018, Bob bought himself a bot to ring in the new year" and has been having a blast playing BF5 since then.

It wasn't just 1 guy obviously cheating in that match. It was 3 guys, one of which I did not even hide his name (I'm a bad man) in the screenshot.. all in my very first match in about a month.. and I was having a nice beer and laughing so hard at the irony of it all that some of it was coming out of my nose, which is a shame since the beer is Dragon's Milk and it's like a billion dollars a bottle (try it).

And you know what else? Those 3 guys were pretty much on the edge of rage botting. Know who wasn't? The other players that were trying not to be obvious, but you play this game enough and you can start to sense those types as well. My cheater-sense picked up on 2 likely subtle cheaters, but you know.. I could be wrong about that.. even though I'm sure I'm right.

So - I know for sure there were 3 cheating, I think there were 2 others being subtle, and that was only on the other team. I don't know about the side I played on,. I get that there is no AC in the game and people can rage bot without consequence (unless they have a conversation with a popular streamer about it and it gets posted on youtube), but there's a lot more subtle cheaters than there are obvious ones. It would be hard to imagine that there are not subtle cheaters in every match.

The moral of the story is; there's a whole lot of cheating in BF5, the likes of which I've never seen in any previous BF game. EA/Dice doesn't seem to care. They certainly won't talk about it. And our Savior Ban Wave has yet to have a second coming.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA will not ban players using cheats because of Origin Access Premier monthly payments. The players using cheats know this and probably use a new Origin Access Premier monthly account just for BF5 just in case they do get banned then they will not lose the other games they have paid for in the past.

That makes no sense. I have been reading up on some hack sites the past week since i stopped playing the game due to the cheating problem and there has been talk of bans recently. The admin (the guy who wrote the hack software) has been advising them to play on a seperate account for bf5 in case of bans and then if they do get a perma ban they can just open a new account(which EA has no ID verification to prevent) and pay premier again to get the game. So EA must know that the cheats they ban will actually go and buy premier again which helps them financially. The more cheats they ban the more these cheating gaming addicts will buy other copies of the game. Then they just come back and cheat less....for a while. I have read some positive things about Fairfight doing it's job in these forums. They seem to be picking up on esp even and some of the sites have advised the cheats to not use aimbot and if the overlay dissapears(flag for fairfight detection) to go back to legitimate play for a few days. I had one game today which wasn't so bad but haven't played for a couple of weeks prior so don't know if it's getting any better and these bans are having an effect.
  • sHAYM4N
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really p*ssed off with this now tbh. It's only gotten worse since BF Hardline. BF1 you did away with private servers. This was the mainstay of your community - they kept the titles going way past their sell by date. Majority of all servers were private and the admins on the decent ones were active - it was easy to at least find a game where you knew you would find a fair game.

BF1 - saw the end of punkbuster, and hello to fairfight. Stats based cheat detection which is way too easy for the cheats to get around. Sadly I'd come across an obvious hacker in 1 - 10 games maybe after this. Fairfight messages in the log at least let you know that something was working, but again only the obvious cheats would be banned.

WORSE than this was the introduction of RSP - it was half baked. The headline game mode Operations wasn't available, most admin options had been nerfed from what was available on the old private servers. Many clans left and went back to BF4.

So here we are at BFV - a few months after launch no RSP at all, so the whole game is a roulette wheel of whether you will get a fair game or not and to me right now it seems 50/50. Im getting clever cheaters (those that keep their kdr and accuracy reasonable by firing off missed shots - allowing deaths etc) the obvious ones - seriously I had a guy teleporting round the map just generating points reviving people the other day. Absolute f******g joke. Now here comes the chinese cheat streamers - DouyuTV and the likes pretty much blatantly cheating & boasting about it every game they are in.

I'm close to being done
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They don't just do manual reviews. Fairfight automatically collates statistics and flags players with highly unusual activity. Remember they have data on what the habits of non cheating players are. Some might be better than others but that doesn't mean they can see enemies in buildings 100m away. So if a cheat using esp was consistently making unusual kills this would be a flag. I've read on some cheat forums that if the cheat overlay dissapears that means the account has been flagged for suspicious activity. If PUBG can ban 13 million accounts then EA should be able to clean this game up. There really can be no excuses except for them being cheap(cost cutting on anti cheat efforts)This is a company with around $1.5 billion turnover annually. No excuses for this level of cheating going unanswered
  • Salutcestmoi
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We didn't saw a cheater since start of BF5.
    People call for cheat when they see high score, with low death, which means nothing.
  • RKB_szarospincsi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We didn't saw a cheater since start of BF5.
    People call for cheat when they see high score, with low death, which means nothing.

Ever tried the spectator mode mate? You'll see... and it's not only about the "high" score cause i saw many superlowskilled player in spectator mode with normal K/D and points and meanwhile they were cheating with ESP/damage modifier.

This discussion has been closed.