Squad Conquest is just flat out AWFUL

Comments

• FF_smart27
    1956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know if there is more maps than Arras and Hamada on this gamemode?

It's three maps. The third is Rotterdam
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm just not sincerely understanding what the rationale is for these modes. All they're doing, is lowering the amount of players on the match, but at the same time, only giving you a quarter of the map.

Which is to say, it's the same crap. Where as if you had 32 players, on the original Conquest Maps, that would make sense.

You're giving folks time too breathe and plan, in maps that would seem much bigger, and get away from the maelstrom these past couple have games have gone too, with 64 players on consoles. It just seems a huge waste of time. This is Domination with 16 players is all this is.

32 Player Conquest please.
  • FF_smart27
    1956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just not sincerely understanding what the rationale is for these modes. All they're doing, is lowering the amount of players on the match, but at the same time, only giving you a quarter of the map.

Which is to say, it's the same crap. Where as if you had 32 players, on the original Conquest Maps, that would make sense.

You're giving folks time too breathe and plan, in maps that would seem much bigger, and get away from the maelstrom these past couple have games have gone too, with 64 players on consoles. It just seems a huge waste of time. This is Domination with 16 players is all this is.

32 player cq but keep the small scale maps. And add Devestation. It will be mayhem!
  • ElliotLH
    5784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Having played a lot more I mostly don't mind this mode but do not think it's not really necessary. It's also really shows when you're on the weaker team as you just get destroyed.
  • BobAble
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just finished my first three games on this mode. And I have to say it's the least fun I've had so far in BF5. It was down right miserable. Really not looking forward to having to slog through it for the win at the end of this weeks assignment. If I wanted 8v8 I'd play another game.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FF_smart27 wrote: »

32 player cq but keep the small scale maps. And add Devestation. It will be mayhem!

I understand man, but many of us DON'T WANT MAYHEM !! THIS COMPANY MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM, WITH THE PAST THREE ITERATIONS, AND NO 32 PLAYER CONQUEST!!

It's like they're allergic to this idea, even repelled by it, even though we on consoles are accustomed to only 24 players on this game !!

STOP THE NONSENSE DICE, AND BRING US THE DAMN 32 CONQUEST !!

Geez. I'm sorry guys at this time of morning, but this company is literally braindead at times.
  • slenderman564
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I personally love the mode and this game. Anybody who says otherwise is just mad I guess. I have played since it released and have enjoyed it since. A rare bug here and there but nothing they haven’t tried to fix. This only problem I come across is **** squadmate. That and people who will complain and **** but still play the game. PTFO OR GTFO
  • FF_smart27
    Played about 10 games and more than half ended in spawn traps. The result is empty server after a couple rounds.
  • ElliotLH
    5784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FF_smart27 wrote: »
    Played about 10 games and more than half ended in spawn traps. The result is empty server after a couple rounds.

Yep. I'm currently doing an experiment and staying on the same server to see how many losses I get. On to 7 in a row now and 5 of those matches weren't even close.
  • BigWyrm
    322 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally love the mode and this game. Anybody who says otherwise is just mad I guess. I have played since it released and have enjoyed it since. A rare bug here and there but nothing they haven’t tried to fix. This only problem I come across is **** squadmate. That and people who will complain and **** but still play the game. PTFO OR GTFO

Do you even listen to yourself? So anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is just mad? People who play the game and complain are "a problem?"
    Your arrogance is only surpassed by your ignorance of everything that you don't personally experience.
    Also, Internet "tough guys" are usually extra soft in real life.
  • slenderman564
    Lol you mad dude
    I read your opinions ( not yours personally but I think I can assume)and they are ****. A bunch of complaining and nothing constructive. Don’t like the way it’s going bug off my guy. I have come across actual people while playing the game correctely and with the squad is only a handfull of times but an experience I love. I am sorry you can’t grasp playing video games correctly.
  • doctorrocktor
    1748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone tried the new medic gun,i just unlocked it but haven't tried it yet.
  • BtheReaper49
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I only played one game of it this morning on Rotterdam and I kind of liked it for the following reasons:
    1. The capture points were closer together so you felt like you were with your team more. In normal conquest people are just all over the place running from one flag to the next and squads and teams seem to constantly be broken up
    2. I didn't feel like I was being shot in every direction because there are less players. I definitely felt like I was in the fight more and could be a little more tactical

3. Because of the shorter engagement ranges it feels like more weapons are useful at just about all ranges.

Hey to each their own but I could see myself playing a few of these matches with some of my regular squad mates.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So after completing the assignments for this weeks ToW, I can safely say that I hated it at first. Thought it was godawful but it turned out alright as I played. It's not my thing surely, I wouldn't actively load it up, but I don't think its terrible either
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been enjoying it loads - medics are not only useful, but the restricted player count makes the SMGs really shine. Sure, you're going to die if you come up against two or more players at the same time, but there's space and room to think and act strategically.
  • ElliotLH
    Anyone tried the new medic gun,i just unlocked it but haven't tried it yet.

I quite like it and to me it feels close to the MP40/Sten but with a blood.
  • 0SiGHT0
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Why did they make it so much like Domination? Why do they keep trying to avoid giving us conquest small, the staple of every BF game for as long as I can remember? It's just not the same people working at DICE anymore folks, and it's a real shame.
  • 0SiGHT0
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why are the flag capture zones so tiny and wide open? This reminds me of a DICE LA beauty from the previous titles.....
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This is not entirely true though. At any given time in conquest there are rarely more than three flags contested, and there are certain hotspots that always see more traffic. This means that you will encounter a large player density in these areas. The actual relevant area at any given time is likely just as big as the whole SQ-map, but with 2-4 as many players. You will absolutely not get into as much situations where you are simply overwhelmed by a sheer mass of enemies. So it is more a traditional conquest experience with a lower player density, not unsimilar to Metro or even the CQ expansion in BF3 with 16 players.
  • slenderman564
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Why did they make it so much like Domination? Why do they keep trying to avoid giving us conquest small, the staple of every BF game for as long as I can remember? It's just not the same people working at DICE anymore folks, and it's a real shame.

I disagree with you on the basis when I saw “critical analysis” of battlefield. Get out of here dude with that nonsense lol