Squad Conquest is just flat out AWFUL

Comments

• trip1ex
    4220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Game has too many similar half-**** modes.
  • beat_strandh
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Why did they make it so much like Domination? Why do they keep trying to avoid giving us conquest small, the staple of every BF game for as long as I can remember? It's just not the same people working at DICE anymore folks, and it's a real shame.

CQ Small and rental servers is a must for clans to play matches. Hope it will come one day but I doubt it.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I'm just not sincerely understanding what the rationale is for these modes. All they're doing, is lowering the amount of players on the match, but at the same time, only giving you a quarter of the map.

Which is to say, it's the same crap. Where as if you had 32 players, on the original Conquest Maps, that would make sense.

You're giving folks time too breathe and plan, in maps that would seem much bigger, and get away from the maelstrom these past couple have games have gone too, with 64 players on consoles. It just seems a huge waste of time. This is Domination with 16 players is all this is.

32 Player Conquest please.

This is not entirely true though. At any given time in conquest there are rarely more than three flags contested, and there are certain hotspots that always see more traffic. This means that you will encounter a large player density in these areas. The actual relevant area at any given time is likely just as big as the whole SQ-map, but with 2-4 as many players. You will absolutely not get into as much situations where you are simply overwhelmed by a sheer mass of enemies. So it is more a traditional conquest experience with a lower player density, not unsimilar to Metro or even the CQ expansion in BF3 with 16 players.

I understand, but who wanted this lol. Incursions flopped. So, i'm just not 'getting it", in that they come out with modes relatively nobody wants, and ignores what folks DO want. And it gets a bit maddening at times.

Another issue, is there was a bit of a misunderstanding in what exactly this Update would bring. Coop, Rush, a fix to TTD (that fell off the radar screen) etc. We have no roadmap, we have seemingly 20 and 30 somethings (nothing against them, but they need experience) running a 14 billion dollar corporation into the ground.

I mean, what else could go wrong?

This game and company, needs MAJOR reform, from top to bottom. Maybe Microsoft will buy them over as rumored. They need games, and this company much better management.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also complain about game modes I don't have to play.
  • MyBhole69420
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't a fan of squad modes in previous Battlefields. It's kind of a frustrating game mode to play solo. You are at the mercy of the terrible matchmaking. Get thrown in matches with randos that have had the game for 5 minutes versus teams of premade squads that are all working together and probably on headsets.

Granted, I will play in those squads with friends and maybe have a good time. Don't see myself playing this game mode ever again after completing the Tides of War assignments though.

Was there enough clamor from the community to justify adding Squad mode? Nobody really played it before. The same could be said for Rush and BF1. I played 17 matches scoring 20k points and I am still in the top 16 percent of points scored years later. I'd rather have Gunmaster than either of these.

• BaronVonGoon
    6187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's great. Don't like don't play it. I don't like operations or frontlines, I'm not complaining. Stop the entitled attitude you whinners.
  • LEGATUS_AUGUSTI
    303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like this mode
  • BigWyrm
    322 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol you mad dude
    I read your opinions ( not yours personally but I think I can assume)and they are ****. A bunch of complaining and nothing constructive. Don’t like the way it’s going bug off my guy. I have come across actual people while playing the game correctely and with the squad is only a handfull of times but an experience I love. I am sorry you can’t grasp playing video games correctly.

Not even remotely mad. I just call out jerks and douchebags whenever possible because no one likes them except other jerks and douchebags.
    Trying to berate me and my opinions only shows how desperate you are. Creating a flawed straw man argument that states I don't know how to play games is yet another desperate attempt at distraction. If you had actually read my posts , you would see plenty of helpful suggestions and not simply complaints.
    What you fail to realize is that no distraction in the world will prove that you're worth knowing.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why did they make it so much like Domination? Why do they keep trying to avoid giving us conquest small, the staple of every BF game for as long as I can remember? It's just not the same people working at DICE anymore folks, and it's a real shame.

I disagree with you on the basis when I saw “critical analysis” of battlefield. Get out of here dude with that nonsense lol

Sorry you can't think at a higher level
  • slenderman564
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Soo mad my guy
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    Lol you mad dude
    I read your opinions ( not yours personally but I think I can assume)and they are ****. A bunch of complaining and nothing constructive. Don’t like the way it’s going bug off my guy. I have come across actual people while playing the game correctely and with the squad is only a handfull of times but an experience I love. I am sorry you can’t grasp playing video games correctly.

Not even remotely mad. I just call out jerks and douchebags whenever possible because no one likes them except other jerks and douchebags.
    Trying to berate me and my opinions only shows how desperate you are. Creating a flawed straw man argument that states I don't know how to play games is yet another desperate attempt at distraction. If you had actually read my posts , you would see plenty of helpful suggestions and not simply complaints.
    What you fail to realize is that no distraction in the world will prove that you're worth knowing.

Wow so upset I don’t care to read the “helpful suggestions” that just say you want the game your way. I have played this for a long time and you are just like the other worthless people who complain about anything and everything. And to the whole berating you thing. Calm down snowflake learn to accept criticism
  • ragnarok013
    2003 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I disagree with you on the basis when I saw “critical analysis” of battlefield. Get out of here dude with that nonsense lol

@slenderman564 Keep it civil, no need to get personal.

• slenderman564

@slenderman564 Keep it civil, no need to get personal.

Okay then but I still disagree
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's domination with tanks following the rules of conquest. It's not bad, it'll be fun with a few of my squad mates.

That usually means a terribly balanced gamemode on too small maps with vehicles camping near the out of bounds. No thanks.

Not really. Igiven I only played one game this morning I didn't see any tanks camping in the zone they're all out in the middle they all died pretty quick against assault so that I'd say its pretty well-balanced but when I get home I'll find out once more players get into it.
  • BtheReaper49
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been enjoying it loads - medics are not only useful, but the restricted player count makes the SMGs really shine. Sure, you're going to die if you come up against two or more players at the same time, but there's space and room to think and act strategically.

Absolutely spot on!
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Worst part is, only other game mode that has more than 2 servers is Conquest.
    16 players takes up the same server space as 64 players. DICE only has limited servers so EVERY server is running SC.
  • Lesinator
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why are they forcing us to play a poor version of a poor game mode to get unlocks, since it’s easier to get the unlock by p,aging squad conquest it’s like they know people are only going to play it as much as they have to then drop it completely. They could have spent this development time on making grand operations a better experience.
  • Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Ahaha.. I keep loading into squad conquest games where I am on the losing side and the score is like 3-140. Not only does it take ages to find a game, but the matchmaking also seems to be complete and utter garbage.

Probably because nobody with a little brainpower wants to play this garbage gamemode. Not touching this after I (if it's even possible) to finish this week (since you have to win one game).
  • Mrcleanjeans
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's domination with tanks following the rules of conquest. It's not bad, it'll be fun with a few of my squad mates.

That usually means a terribly balanced gamemode on too small maps with vehicles camping near the out of bounds. No thanks.

Let us know when your game is finished.
  • slenderman564
    Just played my first two rounds of this game mode and it was a lot of fun actually. People just complain about everything. I can't stand all these whiners anymore that whine about nothing.

That what I have been saying lol