Support (MMG) is now NERFED back to the stone age in BF5

Thacyoon
90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 13
Hello all,

I think this is my first post in the BF5 forum, and it will probably be my last. I just can't take this abuse by DICE/EA any longer. After the last patch, the support class is now completely useless. Let me give you a short list of problems with support as a MMG user:

1. Lastest patch introduced a huge increase in (vertical) spread/recoil when beeing prone and bipoded.
2. Lastest patch introduced a kill cam. Now everybody can see where the I am forced (by DICE) to camp bipoded with my useless MMG
3. Abosolutely NO suppresion effect of any kind (never was in BF5, and never will be)
4. No (zoom) optics (never was in BF5, and never will be)
5. DICE talk (twitter/redit) about removing the possibility to deploy the bipod when lying on the back
6. The "visibility" will changed in next patch. It will be easier to spot stationary players. Another nerf to support (MMG)

It is clear to me now that DICE/EA and probably the whole "core community" just want a twitchy/COD/Running/CQB/Infantry/Land type gamestyle.

As a MMG user I am just a low life noob camper that should be banned for laying prone bipodded with my useless MMG. I am just a target for any sniper/assult/medic/airplane, especially if I empty my 1200 ROF MG-42 in their face. They can all just headshot me by aiming at the source of all the tracer rounds.

Yes, I am pissed, VERY pissed. This is not a "Battlefield" game. And EA, 2 weeks after realease you cut the price by 50% - that is just ANOTHER middlefinger to me!

Puhh, I better stop now....this is not my batteldield any more. You guys take care, and have fun with this game if you can. And DICE/EA I will NEVER ever buy anything more from you - ever!

EDIT 1: I edited the title and added (MMG) after "Support" since this post is mainly about the poor state of the MMG's in BF5. And I added point 5 to the list of NERFS

EDIT 2: After reading all the posts in this thread I suggest these fixes for Battlefield 5:

1. MMG: Reduce recoil when prone and bipoded with a MMG (yes, folks, the MMG's are far from laser weapons as it is now).
2. ALL WEAPONS: Remove the bipod from all weapons when prone and on the back (I don't care).
3. ALL WEAPONS: Increase the duration and effect of the (already implemented) weapon sight swaying when hit (it is barely noticeable as it is now).
4. MMG: Implement a stronger swaying duration and effect when hit by a MMG.
5. ALL WEAPONS: Add global weapon sight swaying when ADAD twitching.

The effects and duration must be fine tuned with testing. This change will affect all classes, and the game pace will slow down a bit. The twitchy left/right/left/right (while taking damage) headshooters will be dealt with. This will also indirectly give all weapons "suppression effect", and the MMG's will get a little stronger "suppression effect".
Post edited by Thacyoon on

Comments

• Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really? This is great news!
  • Draugen11
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I totaly agree with this. Since bf4 i have wasted money on bf1 and bfv not any more this is the last straw. 😣
  • Hawxxeye
    5349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Aww... What's wrong? You can't camp anymore with your bipod out behind cover/ proned out and laser anyone that happens to run around the corner? I'm welling up with tears...

Eh..., no that will still happen.
    What has changed is that in mid to long range now the mg 42 will spray anywhere but the target.
    No more countersniping that is all. If you are close enough to just fit in the bipoded hipfire reticle , the bipoded mg will still get you no problem
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Via con dios hombre
  • TEKNOCODE
    10798 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t remember reading about a nerf to support. I know that the prone/crouch benefits were adjusted for all weapons.

Luckily, I don’t prone, so I assume that my Lewis/Bren will continue to work perfectly.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I don’t remember reading about a nerf to support. I know that the prone/crouch benefits were adjusted for all weapons.

Luckily, I don’t prone, so I assume that my Lewis/Bren will continue to work perfectly.

They do. Both of them still excellent.
  • Cerben1
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lets give recon same dmg as mmg on ther semis and same recoile as mg and i think we will her ther angry protests
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    OP, what is an MMG? Mega Machine Gun? I've heard of LMG, but please excuse my ignorance.
    Also, you don't mention on what platform you play.
    Lastly, why do you say no zoom optics? I have a 3x scope on my KE-7... what is meant by no suppression? That is a specialization that you can equip (suppress more and receive less suppression).

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. I suggest trying out a different kit when things get boring. There are myriad ways to play Battlefield.