Weekly Debrief

What's happened to Support-Weapons?

donthurtm3
47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Can someone explain me what's happened to the supporter class? The Weapons and bipod is now completly useless. The recoil is so extreme after patch that it makes it impossible for me to play as supporter. The whole Game is different now. I have the feeling that Battlefield 5 is getting worse from patch to patch. Is it just me?

Comments

• anken555
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes there is a big nerf on bipod vertical recoil reduction.
    "The vertical recoil reduction when crouching or prone no longer stacks with the
    reduction from using a bipod."
  • StgGorman
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    oh oh - my MMG isnt a laser at 100m anymore - i cant play BF any longer.

i can imagine though that it is annoying if a weapon someone get used to feels different.
    but i guess you just profited from a bug and it wasnt intended that the reduction stacks.

so someone cant really cry about not longer able to exploit a bug.
  • anken555
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A Bug ? You mean the stack between prone recoil reduction and bipod recoil reduction was not intented ?
  • Nijikox3
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    anken555 wrote: »
    A Bug ? You mean the stack between prone recoil reduction and bipod recoil reduction was not intented ?

meanwhile all other full caliber guns have no recoil at all but dear god mg42 is useless now you are better off using assault only than they can delete the 3 other classes
  • l_Grand_Vizir_l
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just my opinion, but as long as we don't have th bipod fix we can't judge the support class real efficiency.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    donthurtm3 wrote: »
    Can someone explain me what's happened to the supporter class? The Weapons and bipod is now completly useless. The recoil is so extreme after patch that it makes it impossible for me to play as supporter. The whole Game is different now. I have the feeling that Battlefield 5 is getting worse from patch to patch. Is it just me?

Single shots from a bipod are causing the sniper crybabies to whine that they are getting shot and it is hurting their K/D.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why couldn't they get the bipod fix in first, then nerf the support weapons? They have an entire class of weapons now (MMG), which are 90% dependent on the bipod mechanic. I know the bipod fix is coming later this month. I think it would have made more sense to roll the support weapon nerfs in with that update, instead of this one. But, someone probably had a checkbox.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    StgGorman wrote: »

i can imagine though that it is annoying if a weapon someone get used to feels different.
    but i guess you just profited from a bug and it wasnt intended that the reduction stacks.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated.
  • Udonitron
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StgGorman wrote: »

Have you ever shot a real gun (both semi and full auto) prone on a bipod?
    Obviously not.
  • donthurtm3
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Nijikox3 wrote: »
    anken555 wrote: »

meanwhile all other full caliber guns have no recoil at all but dear god mg42 is useless now you are better off using assault only than they can delete the 3 other classes
    They are historically correct + the weapons are also historically correct. I mean, who does not know the "FULL AUTOMATIC" Winchester Model 1907 without recoil..?...?.
    Oh ohh and don't forget the historical accurate soldiers who can walk 60% faster to left and right while aiming...!

I agree 100% with you. They should give the assault also 6x scope and throw away all the other classes! It's my last Battlefield...