The nerf to engineers and anti-aircraft turrets has made planes god mode

Comments

  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ah, so that's why planes have been more powerful? I couldn't figure out why something was up but the planes felt like BF1 one again.
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    That pilot can only do it if your whole team just simply allowed him to do so. Where are your pilots and aa tank?
    This patch didnt nerf the range of aa tank, it can still cover the whole infantry fighting area ,where plane can get kills, from your first flag if not your uncap.

    Our pilots were not so good, so fair game for him.

    The problem is with the players and not with the vehicles. If both teams have planes the match is fair. How do you expect EA DICE to balance BFV so that players who cannot play are equal to players who can?
    Shrediron wrote: »
    But I am very good at anti-aircraft turrets

    I don't mean to be rude but, I find this statement embarrassing. It's like being able to use a tricycle to beat a professional road cyclist.

    The AA is basically a plane that doesn't fly. It's weapons cover the whole map whereas a plane has to fly it's weapons to an area of the map. The difference is that a plane is more effective against ground targets whereas AA doesn't fly.

    You should reject the AA and learn to play the planes.

    This all comes down to the way EA DICE skews the structure of Battlefield and then has to add things like kill cams and AA.

    But if you're going to claim that planes are OP when you don't even use them, then I find that silly.
  • SirBobdk
    3933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Tony-yingc wrote: »
    In my opinion, there are too many planes and too many vehicles on the ground, which makes it quite difficult to balance. In any case, the number of planes should not exceed three, preferably two, and so should the number of tanks.
    You must be new around here...
    The numbers of ground an air vehicles is on an all time low since BF1 and after.

    Spot on. BF have never been more infantry oriented since BF1 and even more in BFV.
    This game need larger maps with more vehicles, but it also need fixed slots for vehicles. It shoudnt be possible to choose 2-3 bombers or 2 MAA. Every type of vehicle should be present in fixed slots. You could even argue that the same should be for infantry. Red orchestra got commander, squardleder and squards right. The fact that we can choose everything just create imbalance imo.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Tony-yingc wrote: »
    In my opinion, there are too many planes and too many vehicles on the ground, which makes it quite difficult to balance. In any case, the number of planes should not exceed three, preferably two, and so should the number of tanks.
    You must be new around here...
    The numbers of ground an air vehicles is on an all time low since BF1 and after.

    Spot on. BF have never been more infantry oriented since BF1 and even more in BFV.
    This game need larger maps with more vehicles, but it also need fixed slots for vehicles. It shoudnt be possible to choose 2-3 bombers or 2 MAA. Every type of vehicle should be present in fixed slots. You could even argue that the same should be for infantry. Red orchestra got commander, squardleder and squards right. The fact that we can choose everything just create imbalance imo.

    Where did you get that from? Fjell has six/five vehicles as I just learned. Panzerstorm has has 7 tanks and 2(?) planes, Twisted Steel has 4 tanks and 2(?) planes, Hamada has three tanks and planes, right? Rotterdam has one tank, as does Devastation, Narvik has 1(?) tank and 3(?) planes, did I miss a map? There is no map without vehicles and besides Fjell you can always spawn 1 Sturmtiger and 1-2 Pakwagen at all times. Transports are also pretty darn strong since attrition is so prominent, so the half-tracks could count.
    Half the BF3/4 maps had less vehicles than that, some did not even have one, or were based around a single vehicle like Damavand and Seine, while even vehicle focused maps rarely had more than seven, let alone nine. And that is including ALL DLCs and free maps, over two games. I mean I could check back through battlelog, but I daresay BF4 and 3 especially was very infantry-focused.
    Matter of fact, BF1 also had a lot of air assets, they only reduced the number of ground vehicles, but not by as much as people think they did, and the BF1 tanks played a huge role, too.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

    Where did you get that from? Fjell has six/five vehicles as I just learned. Panzerstorm has has 7 tanks and 2(?) planes, Twisted Steel has 4 tanks and 2(?) planes, Hamada has three tanks and planes, right? Rotterdam has one tank, as does Devastation, Narvik has 1(?) tank and 3(?) planes, did I miss a map? There is no map without vehicles and besides Fjell you can always spawn 1 Sturmtiger and 1-2 Pakwagen at all times. Transports are also pretty darn strong since attrition is so prominent, so the half-tracks could count.
    I don't know about tanks, but the planes are as follows:
    - Fjell 5 planes per team plus one variable spawn on C flag
    - Panzerstorm 2 planes per team
    - Twisted steel 3 planes per team
    - Hamada 2 planes per team plus one variable spawn at G
    - Narvik 2 planes per team
    - Arras 2 planes per team

  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »

    Where did you get that from? Fjell has six/five vehicles as I just learned. Panzerstorm has has 7 tanks and 2(?) planes, Twisted Steel has 4 tanks and 2(?) planes, Hamada has three tanks and planes, right? Rotterdam has one tank, as does Devastation, Narvik has 1(?) tank and 3(?) planes, did I miss a map? There is no map without vehicles and besides Fjell you can always spawn 1 Sturmtiger and 1-2 Pakwagen at all times. Transports are also pretty darn strong since attrition is so prominent, so the half-tracks could count.
    I don't know about tanks, but the planes are as follows:
    - Fjell 5 planes per team plus one variable spawn on C flag
    - Panzerstorm 2 planes per team
    - Twisted steel 3 planes per team
    - Hamada 2 planes per team plus one variable spawn at G
    - Narvik 2 planes per team
    - Arras 2 planes per team

    Thank you, I am rather unsure about vehicle counts in this game, I mostly play infantry and rarely look at the spawn screen in the beginning of the round. In any case the vehicles come in abundance in BFV.
  • Tr34
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Upgraded Valentine AA is op af, it can instantly kill a bomber. Use it whenever you are at british side.
  • StingX71
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find most people don't know how to use AA. Most shoot at the target vs leading the target, sometimes by a considerable amount. Having said that, I'm pretty good on AA, but they did go a tad to far with the nerf. Had a bomber lofting in the air while I was hitting him with the AA. They had all day to line up their bombs on me while I barely put a scratch on him.

    If they don't buff AA, they have to at least make it so there's some sort of ramification for being pummeled by the AA. Maybe bombing sights go away or the planes handling behavior is negatively effected while in flack.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »
    I find most people don't know how to use AA. Most shoot at the target vs leading the target, sometimes by a considerable amount. Having said that, I'm pretty good on AA, but they did go a tad to far with the nerf. Had a bomber lofting in the air while I was hitting him with the AA. They had all day to line up their bombs on me while I barely put a scratch on him.

    If they don't buff AA, they have to at least make it so there's some sort of ramification for being pummeled by the AA. Maybe bombing sights go away or the planes handling behavior is negatively effected while in flack.

    There was no nerf to the AA damage or the shell explosion proximity. It's bugged since the patch.
  • Rabiiiere
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    stop saying that the MAA is well balanced if you have not tried it since the patch (full upgrade MAA is the same...), go out your planes, try the mobile AA for 1-2 rounds and you can see how is a joke now...
    Before, ok it was a little too powerful about the range and damage but now the range is very reduced and the damage also= useless as anti air.
    A plane (with beginner pilot too^^) can go straight on the MAA from the middle of the map then turn around and have time to repair and you will never manage to neutralize it with the MAA.

    now the planes don't claim any skill to kill on ground (on air VS air is perhaps OK) whereas before the good pilots could destroy any MAA.
  • ghos7bear
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah getting hits with AA is very hard now, unless very up close.
  • BobAble
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a terrible pilot and I've actually started to rank up the Stuka now that the AA now longer pose a threat. Seriously, did several rounds yesterday where I just ignored the AA, both stationary and mobile, for the most part. At best they are a bit anoying if they get a lucky disable while you are in a dogfight with someone else, but thats it.
  • Raptor_i81
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    AA is broken and bugged after the patch, shells no longer work as FLAK , it doesn't explode near the planes anymore.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

    The only time you can solo tanks is if the tanker is not very good.


    I wonder if you could avoid my AT Mines at flag F on Arras, hidden in a field of yellow wheat?
  • eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Balancing AA is nearly impossible because there is no restriction on the types of tanks players select. The vehicle selection and spawning mechanic is 100% broken. Each map should have a number of vehicles that spawn at the base, players then spawn at the base and grab an available vehicle. DICE used to do this but moved away from it because "wah wah base-r**e" could be heard on the moon from this weak community.
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only problem I see with aa turrets is their line of sight. Seems half of them are right beside trees and walls so that their vision is limited. Trying to destroy these with the gun usually end in suicide as well.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Raptor_i81 wrote: »
    AA is broken and bugged after the patch, shells no longer work as FLAK , it doesn't explode near the planes anymore.
    Its confirmed bugged. Sigh. How long till the new patch?
  • fragnstein
    431 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    eMartinez wrote: »
    Balancing AA is nearly impossible because there is no restriction on the types of tanks players select. The vehicle selection and spawning mechanic is 100% broken. Each map should have a number of vehicles that spawn at the base, players then spawn at the base and grab an available vehicle. DICE used to do this but moved away from it because "wah wah base-r**e" could be heard on the moon from this weak community.

    There is a couple reasons. The enemy could constantly destroy vehicles that spawned or have a Co pilot jump out and steal it from the base.
    This also gives dice the ability to make who ever is driving, pilot load out. This prevents players from using planes as personal taxi's.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    eMartinez wrote: »
    Balancing AA is nearly impossible because there is no restriction on the types of tanks players select. The vehicle selection and spawning mechanic is 100% broken. Each map should have a number of vehicles that spawn at the base, players then spawn at the base and grab an available vehicle. DICE used to do this but moved away from it because "wah wah base-r**e" could be heard on the moon from this weak community.

    There is a couple reasons. The enemy could constantly destroy vehicles that spawned or have a Co pilot jump out and steal it from the base.
    This also gives dice the ability to make who ever is driving, pilot load out. This prevents players from using planes as personal taxi's.

    But people still do that, just because you only have a Sten doesn't mean you are worthless in a fight. DICE could have just do a hybrid system where the vehicle you choose spawns upon entering. The stuff you mentioned did happen, but the amount of it and the effect was blown out of proportion. If this was the reason to change the spawn system then the reaction was vastly overexaggerated.
    The vehicle spawn system (as in choosing what the player wants) is bad for gameplay in every way. If one vehicle is clearly superior you will only see that one as it is the flavour of the month. It creates consistency issues, because on one round you might see no planes in the air because everybody and their mother chose to spawn an MAA, while on others they rule the skies because noone did.
    It creates a balance hell as well, each vehicle needs to be equal to the others for it to be picked or excel greatly in a certain niche and that niche must be big enough to be noticed.
Sign In or Register to comment.