Frontlines Ruined

2»

Comments

• MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I don't believe it was unintentional.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was actually pissed at first cuz it's my most played mode but after playing for a while I kinda like it. It feels more intimate and tactical.
    Still loved 16 v 16 though.
    And yes it is confirmed unintentional by Dice.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was actually pissed at first cuz it's my most played mode but after playing for a while I kinda like it. It feels more intimate and tactical.
    Still loved 16 v 16 though.
    And yes it is confirmed unintentional by Dice.

Glad someone speaks the truth!
  • ElToroFFM
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ec400 wrote: »
    I would assume on the next update.

You mean patch? I hope not, that probably won't happen very soon.
    They updated the TTK Server Side, I hope they fix it the same way.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KD and high scores per kill are what ruin team games. KD was important when the only real game modes were Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, but with objective based games, they're a distraction.

If people want to play a KD game, they should play Team Deathmatch, but it's far easier to get a higher KD in game modes where people are trying to take objectives.

KD and high scoring per kill should go. More points should be gained by playing objectives or playing to a classes strength such as:

Assault gain more points when capturing and possible more points for killing armour.
    Medics obviously gain lots of points for healing and rezzing.
    Support obviously gain points for supplies and pinning (sorry, suppressing).
    Recon gain more points for spotting, spawn beacons and perhaps being the first to start capping an objective.
  • 1Tap2TapBF
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    If there was any quality control, they would instantly have realized 50% of the players were missing.

But there is none, you already bought the game, so who cares?

Not EA, that´s for sure.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElToroFFM wrote: »
    Any Idea about the timeline? Shouldn't be hard to fix me thinks.

It’s fixed already.
    I don't believe it was unintentional.

It was.
  • Oracl3man
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But they messed up the flag icons at top of screen
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Glad it's back to normal.
  • RunswithDog
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    But this is the problem...the developers lack of attention and detail for the game.
  • ElToroFFM
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But this is the problem...the developers lack of attention and detail for the game.

Or the lack of quality control...
  • Balzano
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a bug it's not intentionally 8 v 8

This whole game is a bug. ^^
  • ElToroFFM
    Just checked, for me it's still 8vs8 and no one is playing it apparently...
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElToroFFM wrote: »
    Just checked, for me it's still 8vs8 and no one is playing it apparently...

They all playing squad conquest ;)
  • OrionPherrit
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Setting aside gameplay & team size, this week’s patch seems to have borked Frontlines. 🤬 While it’s nice to now have a clearer picture of who killed us, the tradeoff is that the gamemode is messed up, at least on Xbox.

We no longer have a progress report screen in between matches. Worse yet, we don’t get credit for playing either. Yesterday’s assignment du jour was to score 1K points in that mode, but after more than an hour of playing I received zilch, nada. No 100 cc. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. I hope my kills at least count on my record, but hard to check that… :#

This is not a problem that can be overcome by skill, unless you mean the people upstairs need to “git gud” at programming & debugging… 😑
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Setting aside gameplay & team size, this week’s patch seems to have borked Frontlines. 🤬 While it’s nice to now have a clearer picture of who killed us, the tradeoff is that the gamemode is messed up, at least on Xbox.

We no longer have a progress report screen in between matches. Worse yet, we don’t get credit for playing either. Yesterday’s assignment du jour was to score 1K points in that mode, but after more than an hour of playing I received zilch, nada. No 100 cc. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. I hope my kills at least count on my record, but hard to check that… :#

This is not a problem that can be overcome by skill, unless you mean the people upstairs need to “git gud” at programming & debugging… 😑

Of course they have to get good, appart from recycling stuff from BF1 what did they achieve so far?

Squad conquest ahahah