Support (MMG) is now NERFED back to the stone age in BF5

Comments

• plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    Hello all,

I think this is my first post in the BF5 forum, and it will probably be my last. I just can't take this abuse by DICE/EA any longer.
    After the last patch, the support class is now completely useless. Let me give you a short list of problems with support as a MMG user:

1. Lastest patch introduced a huge increase in (vertical) spread/recoil when beeing prone and bipoded.
    2. Lastest patch introduced a kill cam. Now everybody will see where I am forced (by DICE) to camp bipoded with my useless MMG
    3. Abosolutely NO suppresion effect of any kind (never was in BF5, and never will be)
    4. No (zoom) optics (never was in BF5, and never will be)

It is clear to me now that DICE/EA and probably the whole "core community" just want a twitchy/COD/Running/CQB/Infantry/Land type gamestyle.

As a MMG user I am just a low life noob camper that should be banned for laying prone bipodded with my useless MMG.
    I am just a target for any sniper/assult/medic/airplane, especially if I empty my 1200 ROF MG-42 in their face. They can all just headshot me by aiming at the source of all the tracer rounds.

Yes, I am pissed, VERY pissed. This is not a "Battlefield" game. And EA, 2 weeks after realease you cut the price by 50% - that is just ANOTHER middlefinger to me!

Puhh, I better stop now....this is not my batteldield any more. You guys take care, and have fun with this game if you can. And DICE/EA I will NEVER ever buy anything more from you - ever!

Agreed completely. I'd adapted to a support MMG role, covering the flanks and providing supressing fire, both offence and defence on breakthrough, shotty when neccessary. Now I may as well be throwing pebbles at anything more than close range. This game is "Assaultfield".

It's clear the direction the devs want to take this game is COD tier with roving assault classes blasting everything in sight, hell you can't even use a tank for effective assaults unless you hang back less you get blown to smithereens. You can literally see assaults gathering in anticipation of a tank kill, 3 or 4 together until you hear the inevitable "ching" of a tank round hitting you from behind. All but the heaviest rounds cause laughable damage to lone infantrymen and the heavy MMG seems to cause less damage now as well. That 3 pounder is near enough useless.

And please spare me the "git gud". Came back to me when you stop using M+K or when you know 100% you'll shut up when the next patch nerfs your play style *cough ahem* pilots.
  • Hawxxeye
    6397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    OP, what is an MMG? Mega Machine Gun? I've heard of LMG, but please excuse my ignorance.
    Also, you don't mention on what platform you play.
    Lastly, why do you say no zoom optics? I have a 3x scope on my KE-7... what is meant by no suppression? That is a specialization that you can equip (suppress more and receive less suppression).

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. I suggest trying out a different kit when things get boring. There are myriad ways to play Battlefield.

Lmg = light machine gun
    Mmg= medium machine gun.

In this game mmgs are the ones you need the bipod in order to aim like the mg32
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As an MMG gunner you have to camp for the most part to be effective past 5-10m.

The kill cam currently forces players who can defend a section of the map to constantly be moving for no reason. Like, MMG gunners already have it pretty hard when it comes to ranges beyond 75m since we are not very accurate. Any butt with a DMR, which is 80% of the players, can tap you out faster then you can respond since we get only a 1.5x sight.

I find it to punish players with certain playstyles and favor others. Its not very fun or fair for those who play defensively; sorry you get killed by me but when you can just whip out a piat or grenade launcher to one shot anyone you can't really complain.
  • Hawxxeye
    6397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17

The kill cam currently forces players who can defend a section of the map to constantly be moving for no reason. Like, MMG gunners already have it pretty hard when it comes to ranges beyond 75m since we are not very accurate. Any butt with a DMR, which is 80% of the players, can tap you out faster then you can respond since we get only a 1.5x sight.

I find it to punish players with certain playstyles and favor others. Its not very fun or fair for those who play defensively; sorry you get killed by me but when you can just whip out a piat or grenade launcher to one shot anyone you can't really complain.

Let me share a solution on the playstle that I came up with.
    You need to bipod in a location that while it has sight to the place you want to defend, it has enough cover so that you are safe on your flanks and not exposed to distan enemies in front of you.
    This way you can limit the opportunities of the enemy to engage you in their terms
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

You need to bipod in a location that while it has sight to the place you want to defend, it has enough cover so that you are safe on your flanks and not exposed to distan enemies in front of you.
    This way you can limit the opportunities of the enemy to engage you in their terms

Oh yeah! Not like I've never thought of that.

Next you are going to tell me to make sure I cover choke points to make sure my spread is most effective amirite?

This might blow your mind but a lot of positions still have spots where you can get shot from long range.... EVEN! Even, if they are in front of you.

Mind bomb. *explosion and glitter* Takes 2-3 hs with a Assault DMR which is pretty simple at longer ranges.

But all joking aside, yeah its pretty obvious that you should cover your area.
  • Hawxxeye
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Oh yeah! Not like I've never thought of that.

Next you are going to tell me to make sure I cover choke points to make sure my spread is most effective amirite?

This might blow your mind but a lot of positions still have spots where you can get shot from long range.... EVEN! Even, if they are in front of you.

Mind bomb. *explosion and glitter* Takes 2-3 hs with a Assault DMR which is pretty simple at longer ranges.

But all joking aside, yeah its pretty obvious that you should cover your area.

I am telling that cause there are a lot of people who lean with their MGs over the edge of a base, presenting their heads to everyone available
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    heresPaul wrote: »
    Aww... What's wrong? You can't camp anymore with your bipod out behind cover/ proned out and laser anyone that happens to run around the corner? I'm welling up with tears...

So how exactly are you supposed to play with a MMG?

Exactly. You can't. There's nothing else to play them as. They can't be used standing/crouching without being up in the enemy's face.
  • thebossman2202
    399 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As a support main I disagree completely. Support is still a great class and MMGS although not the monsters they once were still can get the job done.

I actually made a post stating that Supports were so good because they bring almost every playstyle to the table.
    Shotguns, LMGS and MMGS, each gun offering either more accuracy, higher fire rate, or more control compared to others. There 12 guns that can change the way you approach support and I think its important to know that.
  • Nesodos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aww... What's wrong? You can't camp anymore with your bipod out behind cover/ proned out and laser anyone that happens to run around the corner? I'm welling up with tears...

Funny thing is that there are more camping assaults/medics now than ever before and nobody cares bc they love their crutch guns
  • TEKNOCODE
    11201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nesodos wrote: »

Funny thing is that there are more camping assaults/medics now than ever before and nobody cares bc they love their crutch guns
    Camping medics? I have to chuckle at that.
  • thebossman2202
    399 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nesodos wrote: »

Camping medic....say wha???
  • clayface0187
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if you're having problems landing head shots with a bipod on then maybe maybe BF isn't for you either. Have you tried minecraft?
  • bavneet7
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hahahahaha bye bye camper nobody will miss ya
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good. Less campers is what this game needs. Use an LMG. They're very strong.
  • GeneralXIV
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im very happy the support was nerfed. It was definitely necessary :)
  • Rattoner
    209 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    I agree OP and you are 100% on the mark! Ignore all the anti-campers. Playing defensively prone in a corner is a very effective and desired playstyle by many, don't let the troglodytes tell you otherwise, they are just butt hurt that they lost to someone playing defensively with all their **** bunny hopping and ADD twitch playstyles.

MMG's are pretty useless now. They don't offer any suppression at all and are utterly useless outside of close range.

The proof is in the pudding. When assault, medics, and recon stand up to you (while you are laying down 1200 RPM) get their head shot, its EXTREMELY indicative that the game is unbalanced in their favor because the support MMG player is clearly not being seen as a threat.

Just like how planes dominate the field even WORSE than they did before. When a plane flies DIRECTLY at an anti-air turret or tank, its because the player feels no threat...again, unbalanced, broken, bad game design.

Post edited by Rattoner on
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They just need to give MMGs ADS. Not super accurate, but something better than the terrible hipfire they have. There's not much utility in these weapons right now, at least not something that couldn't be accomplished just as easily with a different class or weapon.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're writing as if Dice is forcing you to run around like madman, hipfiring everything that moves. They don't. Support is still amazing at close/mid range combat. If you want to do mid range, there is Bren, Lewis. For close range, FG42, KE7.

I said it when first Alpha test was launched, and I will say it now, MMGs was a terrible terrible idea, Dice should've never implemented it. Now we're having a gigantic camper problem that they're trying to fix by making those MMGs absolutely useless. I think they should change MMGs back to normal LMGs and have them perform as normal LMG, except with very high accuracy to combat high RPM. As for the bipods, Dice must do a complete revamp to prevent players placing them while laying on their backs, and on thin AF surfaces like handrails and fences.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    I am sure all ladies being happy for MMG’s nerf are assault or medic class. I’d love seeing an Assault class nerf as well. As a MMG user who plays strictly objective and ranks top 3 every time, and have put the hours to master this weapons(240H), I find it odd and strange how MMG’s behave after patch. Completeley unnecesary nerf DICE, mid-long range is kind of useless now, it just sprays bullets around, not in the target. I’ve noticed playing 2 hours this morning aiming while in prone position is more difficult now. Oh well, time to adapt again and maybe switch to another class. Thank you DICE, we all appreciate your little improvements!

Lol master the weapon you mean lay down and have nearly perfect accuracy and good rpm. Laying down as support to get a kill takes little effort.