Remove killcam

Lew003
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Who actually likes the new killcam? Yeah, let’s watch the person who killed you for 10 seconds who will inevitably move and make the whole killcam a waste of time. It actually infuriates me to the point where I’m rushing back into the game because I’m waiting so long, only to result in getting killed again, and the cycle continues. I’ll not be playing this game again until they remove it.

Comments

• Grufferson
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it's pretty pointless. On top of that it also adds 3-4 seconds before you go into your downed state and it increases the downtime overall. Also, the whole reason people wanted 3D spotting removed was to make the game more "strategic" so that people could outsmart, outmaneuver the enemy. This way they know how they've been outplayed.
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It serves no purpose to me. If someone kills you up close then the killcam will zoom in above their head so that you can't even see what they look like. I preferred the killcam in Battlefield 3 where it would show the enemy from the front in a 3rd person camera up close. It showed who killed you, you can physically see what weapon they are using, it subtly showed where they were without completely giving their position away, and it was a good way to show off weapon camos and uniforms as well.

Now half the time my killcam only shows a red blur behind a wall or hill. Sometimes it doesn't even do that because it's so buggy. It was just ok before the patch, better in BF1 and BF4, and best in BF3.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Old killcam was absolutely fine.

It gave you a quick glance of the enemy and got you staight back into the action.

DICE really need to add back a CTE.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Old kill cam was buggy.

The new kill cam just needs some tweaks.
    Make it short, and less of a zoom

However all this nonsense that it gives away your positioning, and it some how takes away the skill is laughable.

How about you demonstrate some skill and move around the flag zone. You can still defend, just adapt and be smart.

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Day of Defeat...

Red Orchestra...

The Old Battlefields...

They all had good kill cams. This Kill Cam is a disgrace... it's like you idiots didn't even test it out. Get a public test server, make micro transactions if you need to, we are willing to pay for an awesome game, but not if you dish out crap changes like these. These are Rookie mistakes, Dice.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The killcam itself is fine. It needs some fixing but overall it's good addition.