SLI & mGPU are Dead!

Comments

• bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »
    bee144 wrote: »
    That’s rather telling about the future state of SLI considering this is an NVIDIA sponsored title.
    It's not "telling" about anything. NVidia and Dice are still working on a proper SLI profile for BFV according to NVidia. So you're free to believe what you like, but you're incorrect. :-)

Maybe but how many people will still be playing the game when support finally arrives? The game is already 50% off and already has low sales.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe but how many people will still be playing the game when support finally arrives? The game is already 50% off and already has low sales.

I'm not going to play "Move the goalposts" with you. Run along, now. Contribute when you have something useful to say.
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'm not going to play "Move the goalposts" with you. Run along, now. Contribute when you have something useful to say.

By that metric you and nobody else have anything to contribute to this thread as the latest update lacks mGPU support and NVIDIA is only focusing on DXR in their latest drivers.

As creator of the thread, I should just delete it.
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

By that metric you and nobody else have anything to contribute to this thread as the latest update lacks mGPU support and NVIDIA is only focusing on DXR in their latest drivers.

Do that, and i will create a proper one.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

I think the renaming of the thread is probably premature. SLI isn't dead. In your own thread, someone posted a link to the Geforce forums where NVidia themselves said: "We are working with DICE and hope to release an SLI profile at a later date."

That doesn't mean SLI is dead. It means they haven't had time to work on the profile with Dice as of yet, likely because, yes: they are focusing on the RTX stuff right now. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Fortunately, several of us figured out how to get SLI working. Some of us (*ahem*) even made videos showing folks that it works with BFV.

As for mGPU: I'll bet one of my sizable paychecks that Dice at least reconsiders that stance in the near future. It was added to BF1; there's little reason to believe they won't also add it to BFV.

• CartierOne
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So i made it work the sli with the last driver, but i get only 50-60% usage from my video cards,anyone knows how to make them work at 80-90% ? thanks.
  • Kranden
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CartierOne wrote: »
    So i made it work the sli with the last driver, but i get only 50-60% usage from my video cards,anyone knows how to make them work at 80-90% ? thanks.

You have to use Future Frame rendering in DX11 to get that. I have 2 1080TI but its honestly not worth having a delay from FFR to get SLI to work properly. If anyone knows how to get SLI to work properly without FFR let me know.
  • l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kranden wrote: »
    CartierOne wrote: »

You have to use Future Frame rendering in DX11 to get that. I have 2 1080TI but its honestly not worth having a delay from FFR to get SLI to work properly. If anyone knows how to get SLI to work properly without FFR let me know.

Is working for me with the same 2 1080ti, nvidia inspector and modify the profile and you will get the SLI working back again but picture look blurry in any vehicle in movement but SLI will work, a lot of tutorials are posted here so no sense to repeat any thread to give the config
  • Nzz1
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any utdates on DX 12 sli with RTX?
  • DanishThor
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a guy on YouTube showing a workaround for sli.
  • Ovrclck
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Freezoide wrote: »
    You should be able to clone both BF1 + Inspector when being accurate with the following:
    https://i.imgur.com/nsqfBYA.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Y23xrEi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/hGKj2mU.jpg

The GPU-z's both indicating different voltages/GPU Load shows they're firing up in the menu already.
    Hopefully it works for you!

P.S. I do remember that Future Frame rendering took effect a couple of seconds after exiting the menu going back ingame, other than that I really don't know why else it works for me.
    P.P.S. Turning all on High and TAA High works fine too for fps. Thus TAA isn't that much involved in SLI performance apparantly :)

Thanks man! Working good now on 417.22
  • bee144
    Nzz1 wrote: »

DICE laughed at mGPU in an interview about Ray Tracing. They are clearly focused on other items at the moment. I doubt they'll fully implement it. By the time they do, if ever, they'll already be onto the next game.
  • KiIlBiIl
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    4 month, still no SLI on Battlefield 5. Thanks Dice. Thanks Nvidia for nothing! You are disgusting
  • RayD_O1
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KiIlBiIl wrote: »
    4 month, still no SLI on Battlefield 5. Thanks Dice. Thanks Nvidia for nothing! You are disgusting

Yep totally agree.
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Then it is fortunate that it is easy to get sli to work by yourself.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam wrote: »

Then it is fortunate that it is easy to get sli to work by yourself.

More sad than fortunate that you need to do anything other than enable SLI in the NVCP to get it to work in a BF title.
  • Fadeeaway
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't it quite common that new games don't have sli profiles right away? And that some drivers cause issues and such along the way, at least it was a few years ago when I used it. Which is also the cause why I'm not using it any longer.
  • Dragam
    Fadeeaway wrote: »
    Isn't it quite common that new games don't have sli profiles right away? And that some drivers cause issues and such along the way, at least it was a few years ago when I used it. Which is also the cause why I'm not using it any longer.

No, usually AAA titles recieve official sli support right away, or within a week. That is if they actually get an official sli profile. Usually when months has passed without an official sli profile arriving, it means that there won't be one at all.

Nvidia did the exact same thing with assassins creed origins, a series that up until that point had also always had official sli support, just like battlefield. When the game launched, they said they would give sli support later on... then after several months and alot of angry posts from sli users they confirm what everyone suspected... the game would not recieve sli support.

I suspect the same will happen here, with the exception that nvidia is just gonna keep quiet, rather than angering their customers by confirming that they are butt facking them once again.

For the same reason i am saying that it is fortunate that it is very easy to get sli working in this game by yourself, because otherwise you wouldn't get to use sli in this game most likely.

And fyi i think that nvidia are scumbags aswell.
  • Nzz1
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nzz1 wrote: »

Bump !
  • Nzz1
    :'(:'(

No official respons in this forums ever,?