Heh.... When will this community be happy?

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A brain fart is trying to change something like the TTK a few in weeks in from launch.

I have no issues if devs want to innovate, in fact I welcome it. I definitely don't want a glorified re-hash of the previous title every 2-3 years.
    But it also makes no sense to throw out things that worked well and replace them with things that don't work. Can anyone think of a good reason we have to leave the game to activate assignments, often resulting in sitting in queue when we try to rejoin our friends? For that matter why do we have to activate assignments at all? Change and improvement are not interchangeable terms, but in BFV DICE seems to have changed some things for the worse, as if just changing them was all they needed to do, they didn't need to make them better. And then there is the network performance, which has been shown to be worse than in BF1 and I suspect in late BF4 as well--how on earth did they manage to mess up that?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AngryVyper wrote: »
    Look at these assault only guys that do not want tanks to be stronger so that they do not endanger their precious k/d and at the same time accusing players that use tank just to care about their k/d.
    Why do such a few players revive? They want either to not endanger their k/d or do not treat other players a good score.

Why do only such a few players do not repair tanks? Either they do not know that the support can do it or they do not treat the tanker his success or want he next spawning tank for them selfs. I tend to believe it is the last two ones.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say you like to play in tanks as much as possible.

I repair tanks whenever I can, whether I know the driver or not, because I try to help my team. I also revive and heal as much as possible when I'm a Medic, again because I want my team to win the game.

If you are seriously saying that Support players don't repair tanks because they don't want other players to get a good score in tanks, or they're hoping the tank will be destroyed so they can get its replacement, that is an absurd statement, bordering on paranoia. I often am repairing a tank only to have it drive away, leaving me to fight off opponents by myself. Does that mean I should speculate that tank drivers don't want Support players to be successful and get a good score? That would sound very silly, wouldn't it. Well guess what.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    A brain fart is trying to change something like the TTK a few in weeks in from launch.

I have no issues if devs want to innovate, in fact I welcome it. I definitely don't want a glorified re-hash of the previous title every 2-3 years.
    But it also makes no sense to throw out things that worked well and replace them with things that don't work. Can anyone think of a good reason we have to leave the game to activate assignments, often resulting in sitting in queue when we try to rejoin our friends? For that matter why do we have to activate assignments at all? Change and improvement are not interchangeable terms, but in BFV DICE seems to have changed some things for the worse, as if just changing them was all they needed to do, they didn't need to make them better. And then there is the network performance, which has been shown to be worse than in BF1 and I suspect in late BF4 as well--how on earth did they manage to mess up that?

I just cant understand how you can simply step back with almost every release and patch.
    Something like scrambling teams after each round to keep up balance isnt some new invention. And yet something so fundamental to multiplayer shooters is just not there!
    I could think of countless other examples like the netcode or the server list not working at all but it still leads to the point where i cant get my head about the simple fact that these Developers just dont know to to make a game.
    Post edited by Stahlmach on
  • gamma_greeen
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    most of us have complained about abnormal behavior of DICE/EA.
    no one expected improvement of killcam brought extension of dead-time.
    talking about what should buff or not is a general discussion.It does not matter that there are many opinions.
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with OP , so many toxic people now , yes still issues but this patch change heaps of things for the better , this game is already better than every other title that has been released for the same amount of time it has been playable , people really have short memories for huge amount of major glitches nearly all of the other titles had and how long it took to fix them. Thanks Devs and I am looking forward to the next patch
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never, because most players want different things. The BC2 to BF4 crowd want one thing, the BF1942 to BF2 crowd want another, and the BF1 crowd wants to ruin everything.

I think the problems is that most BF games are different, fundamentally the large scale combat 32v32 is there, but how they go about it is different. BF3 felt nothing like BF2, and BF1 felt nothing like BF4, and BFV really doesn't feel like any of them, so depending on what you enjoyed most that's the experience you want to have again.
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How can the community be happy when the players like the OP are sensitive enough to mention that this latest patch feels more like the beta? It's still the gall darn same game lol.

• smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    How can the community be happy when the players like the OP are sensitive enough to mention that this latest patch feels more like the beta? It's still the gall darn same game lol.

Sensitive about mentioning the beta?? LMFAO.... I loved the beta, the game all around received a buff in reduced recoil. Not just SMGs. ARs and SAs seemed to have less recoil. Alot of non SAs have a tighter spread as well as more range.. the beta was near perfect for bfv's setting.
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18

Sensitive about mentioning the beta?? LMFAO.... I loved the beta, the game all around received a buff in reduced recoil. Not just SMGs. ARs and SAs seemed to have less recoil. Alot of non SAs have a tighter spread as well as more range.. the beta was near perfect for bfv's setting.

Just proving my point. 1 notch change in recoil on some weapon at some range and someone doesn't know what to do with themselves. Yet the OP asks the question when will the community ever be happy? lol.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Just proving my point. 1 notch change in recoil on some weapon at some range and someone doesn't know what to do with themselves. Yet the OP asks the question when will the community ever be happy? lol.

You are completely blind as to why I made this thread lmfao. It's more of a hysterical laugh at the indecisive community in what they want but they don't want it that way, they want it the other way, or that's too much, that's too loud or too big ... It's just too comical because dice is trying to please a 7 headed Hydra that keeps spawning two heads per thing they do that the community asks for.
  • Sw0rdmouse
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    1: People are starving for company coins despite hundreds of hours in game, and zero cosmetic purchases.

2: AA is a joke now. Imagine if the only thing that could kill tanks was other tanks, and assault could expect to inflict maybe 10% damage to a tank before getting killed. Wouldn't go over well, would it? But that's exactly how planes work now.

3: Bleedout timers are broken.

4: Footsteps are insanely loud. You can't tell if an enemy is 8 floors below you or on the other side of the wall.

5: Some people experienced massive performance issues since the patch, with framerates cut by up to 30%-45%

This is ignoring the general bugs that still plague the game. I'm talking about the significant ones, that either cause crashes or force you to reload the map.

Demanding these issues be fixed isn't really asking for much. Hell, expecting patches to make the game better instead of worse isn't asking for much, and yet here we are.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Fair point. They've made a lot of head scratching decisions in BFV, the UI is probably the worst in the whole series like you point out.

Still, the core of the game is solid. I'm liking the direction and chances they took with this one, overall i feel its a major improvement over the previous title.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What makes me upset is when one day I'm playing a game with something like mobile AA that's effective against planes to the next where is total garbage and now planes do whatever they want to all ground vehicles. I think to myself, what idiot made these changes.

I'm sure most respectable pilots don't want mobile AA to be worthless against them, well that's what this last patch just did. Don't these people test anything. For real, mobile AA is junk now more better for killing tanks than planes. Class.
  • Sw0rdmouse
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    What makes me upset is when one day I'm playing a game with something like mobile AA that's effective against planes to the next where is total garbage and now planes do whatever they want to all ground vehicles. I think to myself, what idiot made these changes.

I'm sure most respectable pilots don't want mobile AA to be worthless against them, well that's what this last patch just did. Don't these people test anything. For real, mobile AA is junk now more better for killing tanks than planes. Class.

Bizarre, right?

I can kill a Churchill or a Tiger no problem by myself. All it takes is some sneaking around/tactical play.

But if I want to kill a plane? The only option is to be in a plane myself.

How about we make the destruction of tanks feasible ONLY if you're in a tank yourself? Does that sound good to everyone? Didn't think so. :D Can I hear a solid argument why one person should be able to kill a tank but not a plane?
  • Stinkfinger1345
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When the game works. That’s when we will be happy.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When the game works. That’s when we will be happy.

It's like now in a tank I can't hear V1 rockets? It was fine before...
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet cold, hard cash that if anyone, anyone at all on this forum, had thier favorite BF game re-released in the same exact state it was in when it originally launched, there would still be incessant complaints about its state and all its issues. Regardless of whether it's BF2, BC2, BF3, or especially BF4.

I'd be willing to bet that the community has become so blatantly divided that if said game was re-released, it would be taken in a completely different direction, post-launch development wise, than it was originally.

There's nothing that will make gamers in general happy nowadays. They've gone from loving video games just because they exist and are miracles of technological online entertainment, to acting like the gaming industry owes us everything, like we're entitled to whatever game we want, and act as if a game has ever actually existed that is free of issues.

It seems online gaming and self-entitled toxic vitriol go hand-in-hand nowadays. The issue isn't the game, BF5 is made just like any other game, it has objectively less issues than even more highly regarded BF games did at launch. The issue is the over-expectation of the fanbase, the shifting of BF to a higher, completely made up standard that no other game achieves. The issue is people expecting this game to be bug free when they couldn't list a single damn game as an example of a game without issues. The issue is consumers not understanding a damn thing about how games are actually designed and act as if fixing something is easy and dice devs are miracle workers who should be able to fix any issue, regardless of complexity, in a matter of weeks, despite not knowing themselves how the issue would even go about being solved, legitimately, in the first place. The issue is people wanting or expecting new maps every single month, holding BF5 to an expected standard of free dlc that no other game in the industry holds up to, regardless of the fact that BF1 had paid dlc and didn't get its first map pack until 6 months after launch. The issue is that people got tons of assets removed from this game before it even publicly launched based on the asinine notion that BF5 should be historically accurate, regardless of the fact NO other BF title has been historically accurate, and despite the fact some of those things WERE period correct and used in ww2.

The issue is gamers went from consumers that freely choose to support developers by buying thier work, to acting like they're the royalty of gaming, they're responsible for the existence of gaming, and thus should expect to get whatever they want handed to them on a silver platter - regardless of how illogical or ridiculous thier expectations or desires are.

When did gaming go from being a free market where devs who love games created products for the world to play and enjoy, to being a market wholistically dictated by what customers want, even after a game has already released? When did gaming go from getting what you purchased and researching beforehand to make sure you want it before you buy it, to buying the game anyway and demanding the developers change whatever you dislike?

Honestly, I think the smartest thing said in the history of the gaming industry was said in regards to this game, by Patrick Soderlund himself. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

What happened to the days of not buying a game you dislike or that you believe has too many issues at launch for you to enjoy? Why has it now shifted to buying a game you dislike anyway just to callously and incessantly complain to try and get it molded into whatever you want?

When did this entirely subjective, vastly varying expectation start dictating the type of game a developer makes? When did gamers become so demanding and holding things to a completely unrealistic and illogical standard met by no other games out there?

That's the reason this community, or any other gaming community really will never be happy. They can't accept gaming and video games the way they are and always have been, and will willfully put blinders on in terms of the past to insist that newer games be held to this entirely made up, subjective, unrealistic standard. They'll ignore that BFs direct competition has an equal amount of issues and backlash in thier community just to proclaim BF5 is a broken heap of garbage. They'll call a perfectly playable game "unplayable trash" because of things like failing to vault through a window or failing to track assignments. They'll praise bf4, the game with objectively the worst launch in the history of BF and one of the worst in AAA gaming in general, while insisting BF5 launched in a pathetic broken state.

I honestly wish I could share what I truly think of this community, but the turning of this forum into Sesame Street via EA prevents me from doing so without being banned, regardless of whether it's the truth or not.

Simple. When the Video game industry became the biggest media industry on this Planet and Games were not made any longer by the same people who played them but by analysts supported by a well funded Marketing.
    And everyone of them told us ( and still does ) it that he has the best gaming experience every coming with their next game. While most of them are just trash.
    So dont act surprised when you as Publishers and Developers cried Wolf so often that the Villagers get cranky.

And again about that last part. People praise BF 3&4 because the gameplay and concept under these bugs was solid and well thought. While with BF V it seems that they had no idea at all what they really want.
    Well except more women as Soldiers of course.....
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yesterday on one like after rising from prone the camera went inside my soldier and I started seeing on my screen textures of my own soldier blocking all my view
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet cold, hard cash that if anyone, anyone at all on this forum, had thier favorite BF game re-released in the same exact state it was in when it originally launched, there would still be incessant complaints about its state and all its issues. Regardless of whether it's BF2, BC2, BF3, or especially BF4.

I'd be willing to bet that the community has become so blatantly divided that if said game was re-released, it would be taken in a completely different direction, post-launch development wise, than it was originally.

There's nothing that will make gamers in general happy nowadays. They've gone from loving video games just because they exist and are miracles of technological online entertainment, to acting like the gaming industry owes us everything, like we're entitled to whatever game we want, and act as if a game has ever actually existed that is free of issues.

It seems online gaming and self-entitled toxic vitriol go hand-in-hand nowadays. The issue isn't the game, BF5 is made just like any other game, it has objectively less issues than even more highly regarded BF games did at launch. The issue is the over-expectation of the fanbase, the shifting of BF to a higher, completely made up standard that no other game achieves. The issue is people expecting this game to be bug free when they couldn't list a single damn game as an example of a game without issues. The issue is consumers not understanding a damn thing about how games are actually designed and act as if fixing something is easy and dice devs are miracle workers who should be able to fix any issue, regardless of complexity, in a matter of weeks, despite not knowing themselves how the issue would even go about being solved, legitimately, in the first place. The issue is people wanting or expecting new maps every single month, holding BF5 to an expected standard of free dlc that no other game in the industry holds up to, regardless of the fact that BF1 had paid dlc and didn't get its first map pack until 6 months after launch. The issue is that people got tons of assets removed from this game before it even publicly launched based on the asinine notion that BF5 should be historically accurate, regardless of the fact NO other BF title has been historically accurate, and despite the fact some of those things WERE period correct and used in ww2.

The issue is gamers went from consumers that freely choose to support developers by buying thier work, to acting like they're the royalty of gaming, they're responsible for the existence of gaming, and thus should expect to get whatever they want handed to them on a silver platter - regardless of how illogical or ridiculous thier expectations or desires are.

When did gaming go from being a free market where devs who love games created products for the world to play and enjoy, to being a market wholistically dictated by what customers want, even after a game has already released? When did gaming go from getting what you purchased and researching beforehand to make sure you want it before you buy it, to buying the game anyway and demanding the developers change whatever you dislike?

Honestly, I think the smartest thing said in the history of the gaming industry was said in regards to this game, by Patrick Soderlund himself. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

What happened to the days of not buying a game you dislike or that you believe has too many issues at launch for you to enjoy? Why has it now shifted to buying a game you dislike anyway just to callously and incessantly complain to try and get it molded into whatever you want?

When did this entirely subjective, vastly varying expectation start dictating the type of game a developer makes? When did gamers become so demanding and holding things to a completely unrealistic and illogical standard met by no other games out there?

That's the reason this community, or any other gaming community really will never be happy. They can't accept gaming and video games the way they are and always have been, and will willfully put blinders on in terms of the past to insist that newer games be held to this entirely made up, subjective, unrealistic standard. They'll ignore that BFs direct competition has an equal amount of issues and backlash in thier community just to proclaim BF5 is a broken heap of garbage. They'll call a perfectly playable game "unplayable trash" because of things like failing to vault through a window or failing to track assignments. They'll praise bf4, the game with objectively the worst launch in the history of BF and one of the worst in AAA gaming in general, while insisting BF5 launched in a pathetic broken state.

I honestly wish I could share what I truly think of this community, but the turning of this forum into Sesame Street via EA prevents me from doing so without being banned, regardless of whether it's the truth or not.

EA, Bethesda, Activision, etc, they're all getting hammered, and it has to do with bad games, and bad business practice. It's not the gamers "self entitlement", or any consumer for that matter to want more value for their money. Heroic effort though. You get an A for that lol.

But no, the games and business practice just stink as compared to years ago when they all had to compete, where now they make so much money, they show no care or concern. That's meeting it's end. They got too big for their britches, thought they can do anything they want, and are paying for it. Plain and simple.