Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update & Update Notes

Comments

• beanu69
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but if u guys cant fix this CC problem since the launch u need to improve yourself Im stuck in lvl 50 cant upgrade thing lack of CC I believe I deserve at least 100.000 cc since I finished many assignments and almost playing 5 days a week lol its cancer FIX THIS
  • 81st-Raining_B
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey Battlefield V Community,
    Today we released the Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update 01152019 update that has implemented the following improvements:
    Full Update Notes: Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update Notes

Update Highlights

Squad Conquest
    A tighter and more intense version of Conquest, in Squad Conquest two squads per team battle it out over smaller, more tactical layouts of three existing maps: Arras, Hamada, and Rotterdam. These maps all feature 16 players on two teams, three flags, spawning restricted to HQs, and limited access to vehicles. Clear lanes and conservative combat areas allow players to predict where enemies are coming from, where they need to defend, and how to subvert enemy movement. Learn more about Squad Conquest.

New Weapons
    These are some of the weapons that will be obtainable through the Weekly Challenges in January and February:
    • Zk-383 SMG (Medic class)
    • Modele 1944 semi-automatic rifle (Assault class)
    • M1922 MMG (Support class)

Time to Death and Death Experience Fixes
    We’ve made a number of changes in these areas:
    • The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
    • The death experience has improved with the addition of a camera that now follows and zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and the position of the killer.
    • The accuracy of the visual representation of incoming bullets for other players has been improved. Tracers should now properly appear to consistently appear from the shooter and should be clearer when the victim is looking directly at the shooter.
    • An issue was fixed with the UI directional damage indicator that delayed the indication of damage to the victim.
    • Tweaks were made to the UI directional damage indicator to more accurately point towards the enemy damaging the player.

As you play Battlefield V and experience these improvements, please head back here and let us know what you think: the good, where we need to improve, and additional suggestions.

The Teams at EA/DICE

So nothing seems to be fixed nothing. actually everything is worse!!! everyone on every server still complains that there is no balancing of team, no mix of players after every match, no team switch, med pouches dont pop up just ammo that apparenly heals you. revive doesnt show the bleed out bar, AA is basically ruined and planes destroy everything because they take so much damage. you guys suck I hate this game and all dice says is dont like it dont play it. but guess what People paid for this game and are getting nothing that was promised or what was wanted. I haate dice now the games are crap atleast cod dev. listen to the players. screw dice and screw battlefield and this is coming from a veteran battlefield player with every bf game. YOU dont do what the people want, WE WANT HARDCORE SERVERS!!!! WE WANT ADMINS ON SERVERS REGULATING THE SERVERS. WE WANT BFBC2 GAME PLAY STYLE BACK!!!!!!! YOU PUSH A GAME MODE BUT IN THE SERVER LIST ITS ALL SQUAD CONQUEST. WE DONT want squad conquest. we want proper hit boxes, we want snipers to be more usefull at close range, we want PROPER BALANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • drodrig222
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Bring back the old kill cam. It makes the game a little more challenging. Showing exactly were and who killed you just dumbs down the challenge.
  • swadzy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the update and still loving the game, but I feel like the kill cam adds an extra 5 to 7 seconds to the death sequence which is already long enough, if you die constantly like I do you find yourself waiting around a lot waiting to spawn.

We should have been given the option to have the kill cam on.
  • FrancoSuperWhip
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fix the **** CC.
    2 months has passed.
    you did nothing concrete to fix it.
    it's just a currency.
    it's not hard.
    even mobile games can do it.

• VIDSICIOUS
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Glad squad conquest is a limited time only. Just people running back and forth.
    Why is the driver of my vehicle not the member of my company?
    Loading screens are super buggy since the patch
    64 person Frontlines???? Where is it?
  • dude32092
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My two cents on the game after playing for a month and with the latest 1.07 update (PS4):
    1. It took a while to adjust from BF1, but after a while with it I was enjoying it mostly. You accept the fact that you will die quickly and without warning, you had to be alert at all times, but I think that it was more rewarding when you were able to get into a groove, help your squad/team, get a few kills and take or defend an objective. The new spotting system was good, I just wish people would use it to indicate points of danger; a lot of the time squadmates aren't bothering. Overall, it was a new kind of Battlefield game and that was fine.
    2. I think the big problem is that Battlefield has tended to attract those who want a more 'tactical' experience without going full ARMA, but they've pushed these 'helpful' features without giving the core fans the options like a dedicated hardcore mode.
    3. Now with the update and the killcam. People point to the fact that killcams will deter campers. But campers will camp regardless - they camped on BF1 with a killcam. There is also a difference between the campers who set up at the far edges of the map to snipe, and those who try to secure an advantageous positions covering a choke point or objective as a support or recon. The lack of killcam made the game challenging, but more often than not you had a pretty decent idea from which direction you were killed.
    4. This new killcam really doesn't help - most of the time, it will be someone who's run up either behind you or from the flank, and they will be long gone by the time you finally get back into the action. The highlight, zoom and pan is highly disorientating and really doesn't provide that much useful information. Please remove killcam from main game modes, or I've seen it suggested that you limit to rookie low level servers.
    5. Its also messed up the revive phase - there is the 3-4 second delay while the camera spins and you're left to wait it out until you can call for help. As a medic, you can see the casualty marker but there is a delay where you cant interact with the player - you just stand there either reloading or switching their weapons, and then often get killed anyway standing around like a goose.
    6. Casualty timer is broken - does not show the time remaining to revive downed teammates.
    7. You'll often see dead character models twitching and flailing on the ground. I watched someone's foot spin round and around until the body disappeared.
    8. Can you put some sort of counter on the deploy screen which indicates how many of each class are currently active in your team? I'm sick to death of seeing squads of 4 assaults or 4 snipers. I know you can't arbitrarily limit the number of slots open for each class in a game as people should be free to play as they want, but I'll regularly count +10 recons in my team, which is nearly a third of players. I joined a game yesterday when there wasn't a single medic! I could have been the bigger person and switched to it, but there needs to be some way to at least encourage players that to help the team there needs to be a variety of classes on the battlefield. Maybe a counter showing the total number of each class active, eg. 2 medics and 15 recons, might do that.
    9. Reinforcement vehicle spawn timer - The reinforcements are a good way to reward squad play. However, I've noticed a couple of issues. If you are squad leader and in a vehicle, you cannot use the reinforcement wheel. You may also call in a reinforcement and have it time out because - heaven forbid - you manage to keep your squad alive for a while. Then you lose your reinforcement and your points. I think people often miss it on respawn because you have to go back to the deploy screen.
    10. Loadouts - can you please allow us to have the same weapon with different loadouts for each of the combat roles; eg. Lee Enfield set up for long range sniping as a sniper, but one with iron sights and bayonet for pathfinder.
    11. Assignments - can you allow us to add assignments in game.
    12. SUPPRESSION - this one actually annoys me quite a bit. I didn't realise this until it came up as a pre-round hint, but why have suppression if it doesn't really do anything to assist you! Making it only visual/aural without affecting the enemy's ability to return fire is such a poor mechanic, and really reduces the usefulness of the Support/MG class. The whole point of suppressive or covering fire is to make it difficult (not impossible) for the enemy to return fire. Without imposing any real penalty for being suppressed, you don't have to worry about incoming fire until it actually hits you. It also makes it difficult trying to engage units at medium-long range with an LMG/MMG because they seem to have been made less accurate and the damage dropoff at range is quite severe - a recon with a scoped rifle knows he can take 5-7 shots before you get him so he's got all the time in the world to line up a shot once you've given your position away. There needed to be some penalty , other than being spotted, for suppression.
    13. Can you add an option to remove emblems, rather than just equip them.
    14. There still seems to be a problem with hit markers, hit boxes and hit detection. I don't think I'm that terrible, but it seems like you can get the jump on someone and land a bunch of shots at close range, but still wind up dead with a single shot against you. There are also some pretty bad hit boxes to do with rock ledges, window frames and rubble piles, which particularly impact LMG/MMG use as these require you to use the bipod to maintain accuracy.
    15. I hope that you will consider converting new maps like Panzerstorm for Breakthrough mode - there is so much potential and it feels like this was missed in BF1 when it wasn't until the end of th games cycle that you introduced breakthrough mode for maps like Giant's Shadow etc.
    16. AT Guns - can you please implement the system similar to BF1 so that we can observe the trajectory of the shell before being forced to reload so that we can range the gun. You don't have a chance to see where your shot lands if you're firing over distance at the moment. Also give the option to duck behind the shield ala. tank top gunners.

I think that'll do me for now. Some of the recent changes have made a positive difference (SMG now has some value at medium range, thanks), and its great that you have plans for new content - maps, weapons, modes and such - but there are still some big technical issues which need to be resolved and I think people would like to get that sorted before you introduce fluoro-pink skins for any weapons.

Good job
  • naitch44
    664 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Few points from the patch:

Footsteps - no seriously, needs to be sorted, ridiculous
    Stuka - laughably loud even if the plane is just flying overhead, if the scream was when they were actually diving it would be fine
    Conquest small - actually not too bad, although not enough here to make me want to play it over other game modes
    SMG buff - like it
    Killcam - not bothered by it, but why delay the opportunity to bleed out?
  • BradockMG
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, Battlefield V is horrible. After the new patch my game crash every time. It closed in match or when it finish.
    Enough infinit loading, bugs a lot, crash every time.
    I'm stopping to play BFV until these bugs are fix.
    I will be happy in other games
    See ya EA!!
  • The_Warminds
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please roll back the update, it made the game worse and it was already in a bad state. The TTD is much worse, even in a 16 player game mode with 20ms ping. One hit deaths from semi-auto rifles now. For me the server is not relaying incoming damage information in a way that makes the game playable. The kill cam is awkward, slow, and just feels cheap. I didn't play for the week that higher TTK was implemented, but when i came back it felt like TTD was much more consistent. Now it's much worse.

Something else i've noticed is that my opponent seems to have 80-90 percent accuracy. I rarely notice a player shooting at me and missing. I'm on console so average accuracy is around 15-25 percent, this makes me wonder how much information is not being relayed by the server to the client? That's not a question that should be on the mind of someone playing an online shooter.

Funny thing is I've been a customer for a long time, of EA and DICE, and nobody will read this. That's ok tho, I just need to vent because i doubt i can refund.

I liked the days when game developers were confident of the vision they had for the game. Go with your instincts, focus on quality.
  • crapjon
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What kind of bad quality control let 8v8 Frontlines get through? Make a test server for asterisk's sake. We'll test for you...

Where is hardcore? It's a few server options. This is amateur hour. Must have hired a bunch of millennials to develop this pile of disappointment.
  • BlueCrow21
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The footsteps audio is crazy bad. I have a great sound system but can't tell which direction anything is coming from. One player running past a building sounds like a marching band is on my head. Even my own footsteps are so loud I constantly think the enemy player is running right behind me. Quit playing for the first time out of aggravation.
  • Jnubles
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree with the decision to include tanks in the squad conquest mode.
  • LobsterAlliance
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are seriously running RAMPANT.

Is it also true that medics have twice the time or more to revive now with the killcam first then revive screen?
    Revives have to be WAY up.

All around nerfs/buffs have taken the fun out of other classes.
  • LobsterAlliance
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone else noticing a LESSENED INTENSITY in games since the patch (and maybe even a little before)

Also, HORRIBLY LOPSIDED CONQUEST MATCHES and MORE FREQUENTLY

Killcam discourages STRATEGIC DEPLOYMENT and encourages eye for eye, respawn-and-respond combat. Against everything this game was supposed to be. Battlefield games have always had BIG LEARNING CURVES, it takes time to learn the maps, strategy, flanks, etc. but I stuck with it because it was INTENSE AND FUN. DICE's original vision and scheme for this game was 100% on point, LOW TTK, MINIMAL FEEDBACK, and STRATEGY RELIANT. But now they are dismantling everything this game was supposed to be in order to increase their base, (presumably to support the rollout of in-game-purchases that are supposed to be coming soon).

Upvote this if you agree that the patch (excluding bug fixes) should be 100% rolled back.. they made the right call fixing the ttk, now we gotta trust they will figure this out too

If you would just focus on the core, and not player retention, this game will do just fine
  • Scrounger1
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new patch is terrible.
  • 5Roxx7
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I have been playing this game every night since it came out. Really liked it but then some brain dead whiners want the kill cam back and boooom the game is now worse than the beta was. They so OP’d the medic that almost 50 percent of the players in a game now are medics. I think I’m playing General Hospital now not freaking Battlefield.

Stop listening to the clowns who want things like a Kill Cam. It sucks. Stop this BS because there was absolutely nothing wrong with this game except it needed a few maps. Well I’m pretty much done with this game unless they put it back to what it was.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1281 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone else noticing a LESSENED INTENSITY in games since the patch (and maybe even a little before)

Also, HORRIBLY LOPSIDED CONQUEST MATCHES and MORE FREQUENTLY

Killcam discourages STRATEGIC DEPLOYMENT and encourages eye for eye, respawn-and-respond combat. Against everything this game was supposed to be. Battlefield games have always had BIG LEARNING CURVES, it takes time to learn the maps, strategy, flanks, etc. but I stuck with it because it was INTENSE AND FUN. DICE's original vision and scheme for this game was 100% on point, LOW TTK, MINIMAL FEEDBACK, and STRATEGY RELIANT. But now they are dismantling everything this game was supposed to be in order to increase their base, (presumably to support the rollout of in-game-purchases that are supposed to be coming soon).

Upvote this if you agree that the patch (excluding bug fixes) should be 100% rolled back.. they made the right call fixing the ttk, now we gotta trust they will figure this out too

If you would just focus on the core, and not player retention, this game will do just fine

It’s because everyone is slowing down and listening for footsteps, that’s why... They’re either too loud, or we’ve been used to them being too quiet, but considering I have heard footsteps mid-strafe in a fighter on Fjell when I’m low, I think they’re cutting through the mix too much, they’re pronounced when they shouldn’t be, and very compressed so they’re too loud too far away.
  • ODA391
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What a piece of ****! Didn’t think the game would get any worse with the updates and patches but just did!