Best way to get really good sound on xbox please

dayglowfroggy
396 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
For the last two years I have had a turtle beach ear force dss set up with spliters from the controller so I could have Mike as well as sound through the optical cable.
this no longer works and believe me I have tried everything but can't get Mike through the dss anymore.
I now have amazing sound but no mike if I go through dss or dolby atmos through rig 500 headset plugged into controller with mike.
my rig 500 is a bit faulty from new so I could take it back I am thinking that amplified turtle beach plugged into the controller might be better than the rig 500.
trouble is when you have had the best nothing else comes close.
Convinced its an xbox update mid November that stopped the dss route.
I don't know if dss 2 still works if it does I will go that route.
I don't have the funds for very expensive headset.

Comments

• skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try another game that should fix it
  • dayglowfroggy
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My friend has some tecknica stereo headphones with a separate clip on mic, I need to try that setup out next.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the high end astro's and the game sound for this game is mediocre at best. If you want them strictly for this game you're wasting your money.
  • dayglowfroggy
    That might be part of the problem I just don't feel like I am getting sound as good as I did on bf1 though the recent changes do make a difference not as many stealth tanks and footsteps you can hear.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sound fidelity out of gaming headsets is notoriously bad. Seriously, a decent pair of earbuds with mic for 15 bucks uses better components.