Support (MMG) is now NERFED back to the stone age in BF5

Comments

• full951
    2035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    heresPaul wrote: »
    Aww... What's wrong? You can't camp anymore with your bipod out behind cover/ proned out and laser anyone that happens to run around the corner? I'm welling up with tears...

So how exactly are you supposed to play with a MMG?

the maps are not devoid of cover. especially around objectives. leading up to the objectives,.on the objectives. the biggest handicap is a poor working bipod. and it isn't perfect. it is more than serviceable
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I don’t remember reading about a nerf to support. I know that the prone/crouch benefits were adjusted for all weapons.

Luckily, I don’t prone, so I assume that my Lewis/Bren will continue to work perfectly.

Issue is that a bug made the default recoil reduction for prone position (that works with all classes and guns) was being stacked with the bipod recoil reduction (which was 50%)

Now it is fixed, they don't stack anymore, that's the first recoil reduction lost, second one is that bipod now only reduces 40%

So, technically the only nerf is bipod now reduces 40% instead of 50% of recoil, everything else was bugs corrected

Wouldn't it have made more sense to reduce the bipod effect further and leave the stack while prone, because that would realistically make being prone and bipodded a more stable firing position than standing/crouching and bipodding on a ledge?
  • Hawxxeye
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The damage to the mmg is not that big if you get used to the fact that you are simply now meant to engage inc loser distances than before.
    The silver lining to all this is that the Rib-eye-roll (:D) of the assault also got nerfed due to that
  • Hercules728
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    These EA dopes fixed footsteps .... why , who cares . It was perfect before . Now the game sounds like horses pull carts on a paved streets . The bi pods are messed up , being prone is messed up . How many times do you adjust your line of sight and your player dry humps the ground and pushes you forward out of your cover . Then you shoot and it hits the ground instead of the target in your sites . They buffed the revolver why ? and they nerfed the assault 1907 why ? Another useless untested patch . Horrible job .
  • Jezzzeh
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Personally I've barely noticed the changes to this, class and weapons are still perfextly adequate for what their jobs.
  • Cropulus
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    Hello all,

I think this is my first post in the BF5 forum, and it will probably be my last. I just can't take this abuse by DICE/EA any longer.
    After the last patch, the support class is now completely useless. Let me give you a short list of problems with support as a MMG user:

1. Lastest patch introduced a huge increase in (vertical) spread/recoil when beeing prone and bipoded.
    2. Lastest patch introduced a kill cam. Now everybody will see where I am forced (by DICE) to camp bipoded with my useless MMG
    3. Abosolutely NO suppresion effect of any kind (never was in BF5, and never will be)
    4. No (zoom) optics (never was in BF5, and never will be)

It is clear to me now that DICE/EA and probably the whole "core community" just want a twitchy/COD/Running/CQB/Infantry/Land type gamestyle.

As a MMG user I am just a low life noob camper that should be banned for laying prone bipodded with my useless MMG.
    I am just a target for any sniper/assult/medic/airplane, especially if I empty my 1200 ROF MG-42 in their face. They can all just headshot me by aiming at the source of all the tracer rounds.

Yes, I am pissed, VERY pissed. This is not a "Battlefield" game. And EA, 2 weeks after realease you cut the price by 50% - that is just ANOTHER middlefinger to me!

Puhh, I better stop now....this is not my batteldield any more. You guys take care, and have fun with this game if you can. And DICE/EA I will NEVER ever buy anything more from you - ever!

Could we all just stop with these cry baby posts? Especially the ones like, DICE hates my class boohoohoo.... They did not add four different classes and did not try and make a game just for the assault class. They are trying to balance the game based on the constructive feedback of the community. If I were on the DICE team, I would read this post, but you have lost all credibility on how you phrased your concerns and I would look at another post that was able to express their concerns in a mature manner. You are not doing yourself a favor, just my two cents.

The concerns you raised is something of which I thought needed fixing. Just learn to counteract the recoil and do not base your view on the class on single moments, like a lucky headshot from an opponent while you were missing all your shots. Do not miss your shots and you are fine, maybe think about tap firing. That is how they use these guns in real life also, you know?

• parkingbrake
    2211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello all,

I think this is my first post in the BF5 forum, and it will probably be my last. I just can't take this abuse by DICE/EA any longer.
    After the last patch, the support class is now completely useless. Let me give you a short list of problems with support as a MMG user:

1. Lastest patch introduced a huge increase in (vertical) spread/recoil when beeing prone and bipoded.
    2. Lastest patch introduced a kill cam. Now everybody will see where I am forced (by DICE) to camp bipoded with my useless MMG
    3. Abosolutely NO suppresion effect of any kind (never was in BF5, and never will be)

It is clear to me now that DICE/EA and probably the whole "core community" just want a twitchy/COD/Running/CQB/Infantry/Land type gamestyle.

As a MMG user I am just a low life noob camper that should be banned for laying prone bipodded with my useless MMG.
    I am just a target for any sniper/assult/medic/airplane, especially if I empty my 1200 ROF MG-42 in their face. They can all just headshot me by aiming at the source of all the tracer rounds.

Yes, I am pissed, VERY pissed. This is not a "Battlefield" game. And EA, 2 weeks after realease you cut the price by 50% - that is just ANOTHER middlefinger to me!

Puhh, I better stop now....this is not my batteldield any more. You guys take care, and have fun with this game if you can. And DICE/EA I will NEVER ever buy anything more from you - ever!

I realize comedy wasn't the effect you were after, but that is what you have achieved. "The Support Class is completely useless"--well, no, it isn't. I'm no tournament pro, but I played all evening and helped win a lot of games and had good personal scores (at least good by my scrubby standards) and at least half the time I was playing Support. I'm using the Bren these days, that thing is a laser, amazing. If you insist on using an MMG, and insist on staying in one spot, then your experience would probably have been less pleasant. But that raises the obvious question of why you are doing those things when just selecting a different weapon would solve your problems? Why be so pig-headed? "As a MMG user"--what, seriously, that's your whole game? You don't play Recon or Medic, you won't even play Support with an LMG? Well in that case you seem to be the source of your own difficulties, don't you.

Sorry, but posts this melodramatic (and this foolish) just make me laugh.
  • GrizzGolf
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is good for the game. Ive seen less support just camping since this.
  • Hawxxeye
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus wrote: »
    maybe think about tap firing. That is how they use these guns in real life also, you know?
    you mean where one shot is enough for a fatality or disability?
  • parkingbrake
    2211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I don’t remember reading about a nerf to support. I know that the prone/crouch benefits were adjusted for all weapons.

Luckily, I don’t prone, so I assume that my Lewis/Bren will continue to work perfectly.

Issue is that a bug made the default recoil reduction for prone position (that works with all classes and guns) was being stacked with the bipod recoil reduction (which was 50%)

Now it is fixed, they don't stack anymore, that's the first recoil reduction lost, second one is that bipod now only reduces 40%

So, technically the only nerf is bipod now reduces 40% instead of 50% of recoil, everything else was bugs corrected

Huh, makes sense. The MG-42 prone was a death ray, it seemed a bit much. I haven't used the MMGs much because I dislike going prone in most situations. LOL, I'm imaging how that weapon would have been with a 3x sight on it, the OP would have loved that.
  • Cropulus
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    maybe think about tap firing. That is how they use these guns in real life also, you know?

Fair point, but I also tap fire in game and I am not an MMG user. The bipod mechanics are just super frustrating for me, otherwise I would have played support every once in a while as I think the MMG playstyle is so unique, that I am interested in mastering that. However, I do not want to stay in one location, as I want to support my squad and move with them to cap flags.
  • Hawxxeye
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Fair point, but I also tap fire in game and I am not an MMG user. The bipod mechanics are just super frustrating for me, otherwise I would have played support every once in a while as I think the MMG playstyle is so unique, that I am interested in mastering that. However, I do not want to stay in one location, as I want to support my squad and move with them to cap flags.
    I was mostly pointing out how mentioning real life can cause a slippery slope.
    Tap firing the mmg in the game will give you more control but it will reduce your RoF to the point where the other party has enough time to spamfire their weapon or aim a headshot.
    I see the MMGs more like an ambush weapon now.
  • Autorotor
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello all,

So u can't stay prone in a bush mowing down half a team without any effort any longer?

THAT'S GREAT!

• Autorotor
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Hello all,

Puhh, I better stop now....this is not my batteldield any more. You guys take care, and have fun with this game if you can. And DICE/EA I will NEVER ever buy anything more for you.

You know that the support also has LMGs and shotguns that work very well without a bipod?
    If you are shooting at people with 1200 rmp and they have the time to line up a headshot, then you are doing something wrong. Either your aim is terrible or you are engaging target at the wrong range.
    Why is it that people want a 250 shot, 1200 rmp machine gun to be laser accurate AND stop everyone from firing back?

Do you realize how much damage an machine gun does? It's very little. AND, and this is a big AND, You can land three rounds on a player, they can turn and head shot you without any disruption to their aim. They are getting hit by freaking bullets and it does NOT affect their aim. HAHAHAHA! Don't even start about how the support should get head shots. There is a large bullet spread and no optics for machine guns. Lining up a head shot is only possible at short range.

Do u realize that crying about not having suppression is the equivalent of tattooing scrub on your forehead?
  • buster518
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    I am sure all ladies being happy for MMG’s nerf are assault or medic class. I’d love seeing an Assault class nerf as well. As a MMG user who plays strictly objective and ranks top 3 every time, and have put the hours to master this weapons(240H), I find it odd and strange how MMG’s behave after patch. Completeley unnecesary nerf DICE, mid-long range is kind of useless now, it just sprays bullets around, not in the target. I’ve noticed playing 2 hours this morning aiming while in prone position is more difficult now. Oh well, time to adapt again and maybe switch to another class. Thank you DICE, we all appreciate your little improvements!

Lol master the weapon you mean lay down and have nearly perfect accuracy and good rpm. Laying down as support to get a kill takes little effort.

It does require some serious skill to use support class effectively. When was the last time you saw a support class capturing objectives by pistol and hold it down by himself and finish top 2 all the time ?Exactly!

Why would they be using a pistol?? For support you just need to know how to play the class the weapons dont even matter if your laying down and decant at the game. I'd argue every class has trouble topping the leader board besides assault cause its built for nearly all ranges.
  • buster518
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    support still my fav. mmg or otherwise.

I actually like the mmg play style cause its a defensive role to play and it's nice not being able to call them out for laying down and getting cheap kills because they have to do it.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 18
    Autorotor wrote: »
    Hello all,

So u can't stay prone in a bush mowing down half a team without any effort any longer?

THAT'S GREAT!
    I have literally never seen the scenario that you mentioned happening.
    Maybe you might want to not build a strawman out of the OP.
    What has changed is that now it is less likely that a prone bipoder will be sniping people with a high RoF weapon. This is also affecting 1 assault weapon to be fair.
  • DIV88_Viking
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Hello all,

Puhh, I better stop now....this is not my batteldield any more. You guys take care, and have fun with this game if you can. And DICE/EA I will NEVER ever buy anything more for you.

You know that the support also has LMGs and shotguns that work very well without a bipod?
    If you are shooting at people with 1200 rmp and they have the time to line up a headshot, then you are doing something wrong. Either your aim is terrible or you are engaging target at the wrong range.
    Why is it that people want a 250 shot, 1200 rmp machine gun to be laser accurate AND stop everyone from firing back?

Well, to be fair, its the best MMG in the war.
    Very accurate, long range and the best RPM ever createt during that era.
    And a 7,92 mm bullet that would ripp limbs of ppl.

I am a mg42 player myself. But they have really taken the time to break it into a weapon ppl will not fear anymoore. And I think its stupit myself, soo I agree on hes behalf.
  • DIV88_Viking
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whine, whine, whine...
    That's all this forum is anymore.

Adapt and learn, ladies.

I love the part about the 50% off/middle finger. Gimme a break, we're talking about a whopping $60 (or $80 Deluxe vers.) game. It's not like the game set you back $200, lol. And for what it's worth, I don't mind at all the lowered 50% price...that just means more people picking up this game, and more farming for everyone. Its win win.

Soo... You are paid by EA right? Concidering how you write.
    Whine?

I belive that PPL WHO BOUGHT BFV. HAS A GENIUE REASON TO F..... WHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!