GTX 970 - Weak Performance

«1
Pelliy
2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I thought it was just my GPU but consulting with other people with pascal GPUs they are getting stutters and drops too. I mean just look at this. https://streamable.com/35d3o


GTX 970
4790k
16GB of ram

it was bad before the patch, but now its even worse!

Comments

  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry, wrong section. Can @ragnarok013 or @LOLGotYerTags move this to BFV - PC? Thanks :D
  • Titan_Awaken
    663 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How are your usages looking?

    Apparently 4 core CPUs have a little trouble running this game optimally.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How are your usages looking?

    Apparently 4 core CPUs have a little trouble running this game optimally.

    They're pretty high just in spectator mode. I'll have to give it a look when I play again. In spectator mode, it never got higher than 97%

    23d82fbc08f67ae24c7a77717d77944a.png
  • ragnarok013
    3055 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Sorry, wrong section. Can @ragnarok013 or @LOLGotYerTags move this to BFV - PC? Thanks :D

    It's moved, thanks for the tag @Pelliy
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12840 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You're rocking a similar setup to me @Pelliy

    Gtx 970 4gb and an i7 4790k.

    I'll have to fire mine up soon and see what my perf is like
  • Titan_Awaken
    663 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    How are your usages looking?

    Apparently 4 core CPUs have a little trouble running this game optimally.

    They're pretty high just in spectator mode. I'll have to give it a look when I play again. In spectator mode, it never got higher than 97%

    23d82fbc08f67ae24c7a77717d77944a.png

    Interesting. Could you also provide your CPU usage graph alongisde the GPU graph? Asking this because this game is pretty CPU heavy. Thanks.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're rocking a similar setup to me @Pelliy

    Gtx 970 4gb and an i7 4790k.

    I'll have to fire mine up soon and see what my perf is like

    MY CPU is reaching up to 90percent.
    Pelliy wrote: »
    How are your usages looking?

    Apparently 4 core CPUs have a little trouble running this game optimally.

    They're pretty high just in spectator mode. I'll have to give it a look when I play again. In spectator mode, it never got higher than 97%

    23d82fbc08f67ae24c7a77717d77944a.png

    Interesting. Could you also provide your CPU usage graph alongisde the GPU graph? Asking this because this game is pretty CPU heavy. Thanks.

    I don't know how to do that. Here's it in game. 90 or more pct on the cores! This game is not optimized well.

    https://streamable.com/6i51y
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My GPU Display is as follows : Power Percentage/Temp/ GPU usage percentage/Fan Speed Percentage/Clock
  • Nijikox3
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    You're rocking a similar setup to me @Pelliy

    Gtx 970 4gb and an i7 4790k.

    I'll have to fire mine up soon and see what my perf is like

    MY CPU is reaching up to 90percent.
    Pelliy wrote: »
    How are your usages looking?

    Apparently 4 core CPUs have a little trouble running this game optimally.

    They're pretty high just in spectator mode. I'll have to give it a look when I play again. In spectator mode, it never got higher than 97%

    23d82fbc08f67ae24c7a77717d77944a.png

    Interesting. Could you also provide your CPU usage graph alongisde the GPU graph? Asking this because this game is pretty CPU heavy. Thanks.

    I don't know how to do that. Here's it in game. 90 or more pct on the cores! This game is not optimized well.

    https://streamable.com/6i51y

    uhm its just your cpu ... I have no trouble at all with my i7 8700k @5.0 ghz and just use around 50-60% ..
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nijikox3 wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    You're rocking a similar setup to me @Pelliy

    Gtx 970 4gb and an i7 4790k.

    I'll have to fire mine up soon and see what my perf is like

    MY CPU is reaching up to 90percent.
    Pelliy wrote: »
    How are your usages looking?

    Apparently 4 core CPUs have a little trouble running this game optimally.

    They're pretty high just in spectator mode. I'll have to give it a look when I play again. In spectator mode, it never got higher than 97%

    23d82fbc08f67ae24c7a77717d77944a.png

    Interesting. Could you also provide your CPU usage graph alongisde the GPU graph? Asking this because this game is pretty CPU heavy. Thanks.

    I don't know how to do that. Here's it in game. 90 or more pct on the cores! This game is not optimized well.

    https://streamable.com/6i51y

    uhm its just your cpu ... I have no trouble at all with my i7 8700k @5.0 ghz and just use around 50-60% ..

    You're lucky then. I'm reading posts from online about people with better CPUs than mine still getting the stutters I'm getting.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the recommended CPU spec so it should not reach 95% It was not reaching that in the beta nor the alphas. Usually its around 65-70% of usage.
  • Nijikox3
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Nijikox3 wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    You're rocking a similar setup to me @Pelliy

    Gtx 970 4gb and an i7 4790k.

    I'll have to fire mine up soon and see what my perf is like

    MY CPU is reaching up to 90percent.
    Pelliy wrote: »
    How are your usages looking?

    Apparently 4 core CPUs have a little trouble running this game optimally.

    They're pretty high just in spectator mode. I'll have to give it a look when I play again. In spectator mode, it never got higher than 97%

    23d82fbc08f67ae24c7a77717d77944a.png

    Interesting. Could you also provide your CPU usage graph alongisde the GPU graph? Asking this because this game is pretty CPU heavy. Thanks.

    I don't know how to do that. Here's it in game. 90 or more pct on the cores! This game is not optimized well.

    https://streamable.com/6i51y

    uhm its just your cpu ... I have no trouble at all with my i7 8700k @5.0 ghz and just use around 50-60% ..

    You're lucky then. I'm reading posts from online about people with better CPUs than mine still getting the stutters I'm getting.

    well to be true i get micro stutter the second i´m trying to play with 120 fps because of my 120hz display ... so i have them atm at 60 and have no stutter and tbh i have no idea why ..^^
  • SilencerBF
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am running a worse cpu and better gpu. i5 4670k+gtx 1070

    Conquest 64 - 60-120 fps, average 80, lowest settings 1440p
    squad conquest 16 - 100-140 fps, average 120

    Try using lowest settings possible ingame, max performance settings in nvidia 3d settings for bfv, usercfg tweaks (google), close all background applications.
    Upgrade your gpu if you can afford it. Overclock your CPU

    Also check msi afterburner if you are using more than 3500 mb gpu memory, that could be an issue with gtx 970

    Check the smaller gamemodes, cpu usage will be lower in those.
  • ProllyAFish
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's not a bad setup, but it's older hardware so i'm not surprised you're getting stutters. When I was still on a i7 4820k with a 980 SC, bfv was unplayable. If you can, I suggest you upgrade to a 6 core cpu, 16gb, 1060 at least.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SilencerBF wrote: »
    I am running a worse cpu and better gpu. i5 4670k+gtx 1070

    Conquest 64 - 60-120 fps, average 80, lowest settings 1440p
    squad conquest 16 - 100-140 fps, average 120

    Try using lowest settings possible ingame, max performance settings in nvidia 3d settings for bfv, usercfg tweaks (google), close all background applications.
    Upgrade your gpu if you can afford it. Overclock your CPU

    Also check msi afterburner if you are using more than 3500 mb gpu memory, that could be an issue with gtx 970

    Check the smaller gamemodes, cpu usage will be lower in those.

    I'm on the lowest settings possible. It's sometimes not even so much the low frames, but the 0.1% lows The hard stutters and so forth. I posted a video of the OSD turned on. I'm not using more than 2.5GBs of vram

    I thought about getting the new 2060, but I heard that a 1660ti is rumored to come out. I may possibly consider it but I think I'm going to wait and see if this thing can be optimized.
  • choppernNZ
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    I concur extra 2 core helps big time my setup is aging but handles bfv fine
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    choppernNZ wrote: »
    I concur extra 2 core helps big time my setup is aging but handles bfv fine

    Yeah, I just got a 8700k and I've been playing it. It helps, but I did get that hitch in my game that I've been seeing threads about. Your sig says your on Haswell. Did you recently upgrade?
  • OachkazI
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    I played on a slightly worse setup* through beta and it looked much smoother than yours. I don't know if it was on high or ultra anymore. So maybe something with the settings?

    *
    Xeon E3-123v3
    gtx970
    8gb ram.

    Funnily enough, I got my hands on a Quadro P6000 to upgrade from the 970 but in the meantime hard micro-stutter (less frequent but much longer) than yours appeared. So basically it's worse for me now (although it's most likely not gpu related).
  • TFBisquit
    1519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    I suppose the ram on the 970 could cause this.
    I have no issues with my [email protected] and a gtx1080. Same with the beta and a 8GB R9-390. Which ofcourse ran below 100fps, but without hickups or stutters.
    Play at 1080p. And as I gathered back in time, the 4790k should perform better when overclocked slightly.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    I suppose the ram on the 970 could cause this.
    I have no issues with my [email protected] and a gtx1080. Same with the beta and a 8GB R9-390. Which ofcourse ran below 100fps, but without hickups or stutters.
    Play at 1080p. And as I gathered back in time, the 4790k should perform better when overclocked slightly.

    I never went over 2.5gb though
Sign In or Register to comment.